Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

1)All About Anna 2005- Sexual

Not sure most people will like it but i found it good, I Like films that are not blockbusters and are a little weird even id there sex mad films 7.9/10

Coming to America, yes! Hilarious movie that is never hampered by repeated viewings for me. I love Eriq La Salle's character, whose head is covered with Jheri Curl.

Love what he does to the couch later.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Il grande silenzio a.k.a. The Great Silence (1968)

A great spaghetti-western by Corbucci!
This one is slightly different from the usual westerns because the bad guys are the bounty hunters while the outlaws are just trying to survive in a hard world! It's also the western that depressed me the most, with its beautiful yet sad ending! The soundtrack is by Morricone and, in my opinion, one of the best he has ever made! It has some pacing issues and some small incongruences (Corbucci insists on having a 6 bullet gun fire more than 6 bullets) but the last 30 minutes are pure gold!

Into the Storm (2014)

Maybe not a very good movie in general, but if you like weather disaster movies, it's a must see. At under 90 minutes long, it's a quick, easy watch. There's nothing here worth seeing besides the action, but there's a lot of it, and it's thrilling.

Footlight Parade (1933)

Good heavens. Why isn't Busby Berkely considered a god?

I loved the story of 42nd Street a little more (Baxter's character gave that film an extra dimension of depth), but the three main musical numbers in this film are truly INSANE. Some of the best stuff I've ever seen. Cagney is also great.

+

Can't wait to see Gold Diggers of 1933 now!

La Rupture

i don't even know where to start with this one. it works on so many levels: as an allegory of innocence vs. evil, or as an examination of class structure, or just as a really compelling and intricately plotted melodrama with a brilliant duality among the scenes and characters. i was a little worried that i would be disappointed in the beginning, but once it got going i loved every second. this was my 2nd Chabrol, but i really need to see more.

Most people won't know this but I'm a big fan of international cinema. I recently watched a hindi movie called "Kal Ho Na Ho" and damn. I've never fought back so many tears during a movie. I have to say, anyone who's willing to watch a movie based on subtitles, they need to watch this.

10/10 - It was a masterpiece that only got better with the times.

The Interview (2014) - Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogen

- This is definitely not a great movie but it was funny as hell and a very entertaining flick. I like every performance in the movie and very appreciate the good laughing scenes. Recommended.

+

Welcome to the human race...
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies -

Contains the second most realistic CGI character played by Billy Connolly.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)
3rd Watch

I think most people would like this, but probably not as much as me. It's just one of those random movies that everyone finds once in a while that really works for them. It's an end of days comedy/romance that hits me emotionally every time. It's really an odd movie for me to love given my normal taste.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977) - 8/10 (rewatch)

Yes it might be slightly drawn out and atypically overly sentimental in places as is Spielberg's habit but for it's age some of the effects still stand up well, Dreyfuss nails his performance and the actual encounter still holds me spellbound even after multiple viewings.

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's in my top ten.

I am reluctant to call this an extremely realistic portrayal of alcoholism because of a couple scenes. It is however a very humanistic look at alcoholism. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The performances and script were very good. I will be surprised if it is not on my 60's list.

Skeleton Twins (2014)

SNL alumni Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig are fantastic as brother and sister with some serious emotional and psychological problems in this successfully made drama with some really sweet and funny moments, the best part being a musical segment where Hader and Wiig lip synch the entire 80's hit song Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship.

wanabe movie critique
The Interview: 4/10

First half of the show was good, then it was downhill all the way.....