Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

Pointless I know, but I love that scene and felt like posting it Classic moment from the first movie and all the more notable considering it wasn't even scripted like that.

I haven't seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
It's where the series jumped the shark. It traded polish for a bunch of over-the-top action sequences and GCI, and forced references to the other films. Basically it's to Indiana Jones what all of the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels were to the first film.

i am huge fan of indiana jones movies,all parts are fabulouse but indiana jones part 1 is my most favroute

sean conery and harrison ford performence in indiana jones is classic

i am huge fan of indiana jones movies,all parts are fabulouse but indiana jones part 1 is my most favroute

You do know the title of the first is Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Thought I'd share this with the fans here. It's been so long since I watched the Young Indy show and almost forgot Harrison guest-starred in this episode.

wanabe movie critique
1. The Last Crusade
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Temple Of Doom
4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

At this point it's not sad at all (unless it's a reboot) - continuing to put Harrison Ford in these movies at his age will just end up turning the series into a parody of itself. He's 72 years old for crying out loud.

I think it's time to just let it die in peace

If by 2016 there's nothing new on it it'll probably be best to let the series end. They've arguably already waited too long and by 2010 at least we should've heard something regarding the production of a new installment.

If they reboot Indiana Jones who would be your pick for the new actor?

Russel Crowe is the first actor that comes to mind

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I will throw Karl Urban into the mix. Underrated actor right there.

Suspect's Reviews

Temple of Doom gave birth to the pg-13 rating so it's at the bottom of my list.

Raiders
Crusade
Skull
Doom
That's a dumb reason IMO - blaming a movie for something the MPAA decided to do?

In the Beginning...
I'm a huge and lifelong Indiana Jones fan. I was practically reared by these movies. Here's my ranking:

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
1. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
1. Indiana Jones and the The Last Crusade
2. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Seriously, all three originals hold an equal place of love and affection in my heart. Temple of Doom might get a slight nudge because I tend to watch that one more a tiny bit more frequently than the others, but really they're all fantastic.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is obviously not in the same league, partly just because there's such a significant span of time between productions. It actually doesn't bother me as much as most (my best friend hates that it exists and won't even watch it), but I will say that I don't really consider it an official Indiana Jones film. It's like a reunion episode for a beloved old TV show. It feels more like a nostalgic party than anything else.

If they reboot Indiana Jones who would be your pick for the new actor?
Harrison Ford.

In all seriousness, I actually felt like Nathan Fillion was the best choice. I guess I still do, but he'd have to hit the treadmill first. Dude is ballooning faster than a Nazi zeppelin. But I really like his "adventuring" quality and his comedic sense, particularly when he acts agitated or in a hurry: all very spot on to what Harrison Ford did so well. Whoever takes the role has to have that, above all.

I'd be hard-pressed to pick a new Indy as Ford is so irreplacable as the character to me. Which is why for Indy 5 I'd like it to be a two-part finale for the series and swansong for Ford as the character.