Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

It was pretty clear to me. But sorry, I'm danish, we joke about everything over here and irony and being sarcastic is on the top of the list!

It's just the way rauldc wrote his reply with "Maybe I will, actually" sounded like he was already in on the joke-thing going. And also, making a serious insult about masturbating to an animated movie would be embarrassing. If anyone told me that with the straightest face ever I would find it hard to not laugh!

Welcome to the human race...
Technically, the last movie I watched was Repo Man but since I was watching it with the audio commentary on, I'm less inclined to count it (it would still get a very, very subjective
from me).

Other than that, Good Will Hunting, which gets a
from me. It's hard not to think about how it's been riffed on a lot since it first came out (that one episode of Community that sort of parodied various elements stuck in my mind the whole time), but it's still a decent enough film. Williams is good in it, at least.

Boyhood (2014)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Oh really? Fine, whatever. I bet you masturbate to it anyways. Some sort of weird daily rutine of yours I'm sure.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Football factory 8.5/10

Ponyo (2008)

I've got 3 movies left to watch from Miyazaki; so far, he has been very up and down for me. This one is my least favorite so far.

Unregistered User

The Apartment (1960)

Absolutely not what i expected. Although it was very funny, it was much darker than i had imagined. Not that it took anything away from it, in fact if anything it was a pleasant surprise but a surprise nontheless. Overall, a really entertaining and rewatchable movie. Loved it.

Top Hat (1935)

Musicals still are not really my thing but i enjoyed this.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Army of Shadows

A stunning,engrossing masterwork which is captivating for every minute of it's 140-minute runtime. Thrilling, expertly crafted, well-acted and genuinely gripping. Definitely a film worth checking out.

xXx - 4/10

Pretty mediocre and predictable, with too many outlandish GCI stunts and big explosions to mask the lack of any memorable actors or characters you cared about. Nearly forgot about it the second I finished watching it.

Species (1995)

H.R. Giger's design work looks great, even if the film is basically a model who can't act getting her boobs out every two minutes. A silly 90 minuite sci-fi boob-fest with a suprisingly good cast.

Army of Shadows

A stunning,engrossing masterwork which is captivating for every minute of it's 140-minute runtime. Thrilling, expertly crafted, well-acted and genuinely gripping. Definitely a film worth checking out.
Im glad you loved it! Its a lock for my 60's list and my favorite from Melville!

I rate it
aswell!

Lord High Filmquisitor
Sleeping Beauty - 8/10

I rewatched this childhood favorite after watching Maleficent and was surprised how incredibly well it held up. If anything, I actually appreciate it more now than I did as a kid. The uniquely flat animation, combined with the narration (which uncharacteristically didn't bother me here), gave engrossing impression of a bedtime fairy tale. The music was perfect in every seen (I especially love the seductively dark oboe segments) and the animation was perfectly choreographed to it. Even if the songs are pretty much non-entities in this film, the climax between Phillip (plus the fairies) against Maleficent is one of the most thrilling animated sequences that I have ever seen.

Event Horizon - 3.5/10

Seeing as how I watched this because it was on an episode of Movie Defense Force, the fact that it was so bad shouldn't surprise me. It was actually a really interesting idea - a wormhole in spacetime, allowing for instantanious travel between galaxies, actually short-cuts through a dimension that can most readily be described as Hell - that was simply executed extremely poorly. It relies too heavily on poor CGI, the revelation that the ship is alive came off as stupid and the actual events that occur on screen make little and less sense as the film progresses.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - 8.5/10

Going into this, I was really worried. Although I loved the previous two novels in the series, Mockingjay was unutterably bad (for a myriad of reasons that I won't get into right now). I can unequivocally say that the film has resolved every one of my plethora of issues that I had with the first half of the novel. It is in every way superior to its source material and a cinematic highlight of an already outstanding year. This film is the narrative that the novel wanted and tried to be. And, much like with the first film, Mockingjay brilliantly shows the results of Katniss' propoganda, making her part of the war that much more meaningful than it was previously.

Pandora's Box (1929)

This is a film that is as famous for actress Louise Brooks' bob haircut as for the movie itself. As sexy as the haircut and Brooks is, the movie is great on its own. Brooks plays Lulu, a "kept" woman to a German millionaire, who is engaged to another woman. Lulu is so alluring that even the millionaire's son is infatuated with her, although he talks his dad into marrying her. This leads to the ruin of one of them. Lulu is so enticing with her beauty, her seeming innocence, that she draws people to her, to their eventual destruction. It's hard to say whether she does it on purpose, or if it's just her nature to be fun-loving and party-hearty without realizing the effect she has on the people who want her. It's not only men who want her, but a woman friend who is in love with her. Lulu ends up using almost all these people, not out of meanness but out of need to get herself out of jams. She has but to bat her eyelashes and flash her pretty smile and people are under her spell. It's not spoiling anything to say it ends badly for everyone. Yet, I didn't find this to be a downer of a movie. It's totally compelling and it's not hard to see how Brooks became a star. The copy I watched on TCM was totally cleaned up and looked brand new. Catch it if you get a chance.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Interstellar (2014)

Ok, Nolan got me... Simply one the best sci-fi since 2001: A Space Odissey!
The only thing I didn't like about this one was Hathaway, still this is a solid:

10/10

I am the Watcher in the Night

Very good for what it is.
ive been hearing a lot about this, might have to give it a shot

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"