Best Horror Movie

Tools    

I want to spend a night with some friends watching Horror movies, need some suggestions, the scaryest, cripiest movies ever please...

Halloween (1978) , The Shining (1980) , Insidious , The Conjuring , V/H/S and V/H/S 2 , Deliver Us From Evil (2014)

Halloween (1978) , The Shining (1980) , Insidious , The Conjuring , V/H/S and V/H/S 2 , Deliver Us From Evil (2014)
Deliver Us from Evil made me laugh a couple a times. Especially the exorcism was hysterical. So wouldn't categorize that as scary

Rest are great choices though!

I like your dolls.
The Conjuring,Rosemary's Baby,The Cabin in the Woods,REC

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Horror has been disappointing imo in recent years, a lot of the same stuff gets churned out every year. The first paranormal activity was cool, but i have seen creepier stuff on youtube.

It all seems to be about possession or found footage ghosts, which some movies do well, but just seems saturated.

Try these, Martyrs(2008) is a very creepy film, also very gory. Mama(2013), imo delivers scares very well with little to no gore.

Others worth mentioning

Insidious, REC, Sinister, Occulous, The Conjuring

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Heard something about this Australian film "The Babadook". Supposedly super scary and really great, haven't watched it yet myself, but soon!!!

The Shining / Sinister

Allthough it's not horror and a mini-series opposed to a movie, I suggest you watch "Maelstrom" (1985), if you haven't seen it. It's classified on Wikipedia as drama, though I would place it more in the crime category. I think this series has some elements in it that makes it more creepy than most horror movies out there.

Or there's the mostly forgotten series "Hammer House of Horror" with 13 stand-alone episodes. Not every episode are good, in my opinion. But if you are looking for horror I can recommend the following: "The House that Bled to Death", "Children of the Full Moon", "Visitor from the Grave" and "The Two Faces Of Evil". Most other episodes are enjoyable, but these are the ones I consider the most scary. On the other hand, if you want something more like a comedy, I would recommend "Rude Awakening", which I think is more funny than scary...