The Theory Of Everything (2014) - Stephen Hawking Biopic

Tools    

This kinda snuck under the radar, only just found out about this one.

Based on Stephen Hawking's life using the title of Hawking's book.

Eddie Redmayne (My Week With Marilyn, Les Misérables, Jupiter Ascending) plays Hawking... with TV and TV Movie actress Felicity Jones (The Worst Witch and Dr WHO) as his wife Jane.

Emily Watson (Red Dragon) and chameleon actor David Thewlis are also to appear.

This was covered in 2004 with "Hawking" with Benedict Cumberlandsausage in the role, but "Hawking" was mainly about his dealings with Motor Neuron Disease and early life and study into the early Universe.

This film though will be a full on Biopic covering his neurological disorders, his ALS disorder, his early years as a student, all the way to his success as one of the finest Scientists, Theoretical Physicists, Cosmologists and Physics Professors in the history of Mankind.

Release date is Sept 2014 (and November 7th 2014 in the US).

Yeah this looks excellent. Great cast, I like Felicity Jones and David Thewlis and the guy playing Hawking looks really good.

I can't post a picture of Stephen Hawking around here without Destiny deleting it. Good luck keeping this thread open.

Oh, she won't really delete this thread (I don't think...) but she gave me Hell once for posting Stephen Hawking's picture in the thread, "Hot or Not: The Boys." She thought it was extremely offensive because he's in a wheelchair. So for her birthday, I gave her a picture of Stephen Hawking in a party hat telling her "Happy Birthday!" She deleted that, too.

I gave her a picture of Stephen Hawking in a party hat telling her "Happy Birthday!" She deleted that, too.
Ungrateful...

Has been released in Toronto...

... and has taken it by storm.

RT and IMDb have it at 4.5 out of 5...

Others have ranging from 4/5 to 5/5.

"Packs a punch"
"Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones are towering"
"Jones is subtle and profound"
"Best film of 2014, will sweep the awards"

There's apparently some lovely humour based on what Hawking did when he was confined to a wheelchair using what has become his iconic computerised voice.

One thing lacking apparently, was the humongous impact Hawking had in the scientific world. This films is more of an intimate look at his life from young to old rather than just being based on his achievements. Though his achievemments are shown, they're apparently held in the background.

Various sources. IGN, IMDb, RT, IndieWire, Mashable, Variety and many others...

Glad this is getting good reviews, I'm looking forward to it actually. The trailer gets me every time I see it.

It looks great, but it isn't a biography. I had to do a project on Hawkings once, and there wasn't some kind of true love like it shows in the trailer. Actually, his girlfriend dumped him after the diagnosis.
Anyway, should be a good film, but it isnt a biography

Is it weird that this is like, my most anticipated movie of the rest of the year? It just looks very moving and the performances look very good.

Also, great poster, despite the fact that it defies the laws of gravity.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I love Stephen Hawking and I'm thrilled to watch a movie about his life!

But, looking to the recent past of the Oscars, it does not have to be good to sweep all the Oscars... it's about a guy in a wheelchair with a degenerative disease becoming a genious, it sounds like a typical Oscar movie!

This film though will be a full on Biopic covering his neurological disorders, his ALS disorder, his early years as a student, all the way to his success as one of the finest Scientists, Theoretical Physicists, Cosmologists and Physics Professors in the history of Mankind.
He is not one of the finest scientists. He is a popularizer of science who became famous by writing best sellers.

Is it weird that this is like, my most anticipated movie of the rest of the year? It just looks very moving and the performances look very good.

Also, great poster, despite the fact that it defies the laws of gravity.

What a retarded line: "His mind changed our world, her love changed his." And no, he did not change our world in any way. Just a guy who became famous thanks to his best sellers and his special condition (almost a perfect publicity stunt!).