Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Charlize Theron was in "The Italian Job" in 2003 and Angeline Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones ... as well as Gina Carano (Haywire (2011).. so there are some women who have been in action flicks.
I don't know if the first three would do it but I could see Gina Carano do it cause she destroyed people in Haywire!

Even one of the most beautiful asian women in movie history..

Michelle Yeoh... I bet she can still kick some a$$!!!

UNDER THE SKIN (2014)

Quiet, hypnotic, challenging, and provocative. Drags a bit and leaves a little too much in the air for my taste, but an experience in and of itself. 8 out of 10.

The Time Machine (1960)

I thought the first half was excellent, but the second half went downhill for me when it got too cheesy for my liking.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My big issue is the PG-13 theater release but you know the DVD will have the good stuff.

IDK if 4 is in the works, but I know they want to do a female spin off. I hear they want Sigourney Weaver to be the leader. I would watch that.

According to IMDB, Expendables 4 has already been announced. Pierce Brosnan is rumored to be in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3291150/reference

You didn't. But given between your response after asking me "why" I liked Jurassic Park, your unneeded cracks on Nostromo's Top 50 list compounded your tastes you come off as a bit of a pretentious douche bag. Sorry.
It took me a while to digest this. I was kind of mad at first, but I guess I didn't want to admit that you're right. I can be pretty pretentious about my own opinions. I don't really like looking at movies as just entertainment. To me they are art. Well, sorry if I offended you.

Some of the movies I've caught the past few days. I took some time off to have a mini vacation in Chicago this weekend, so I had the opportunity to see quite a few.

The Angry Video Game Nerd Movie (2014)

I've been a fan of this guy since I started browsing Youtube, so it was awesome being able to see his character on the big screen. Practical special effects, video game references, over the top performances, campy humor, and a bunch of cameos. A really fun movie. One of my favorite theater experiences, the whole theater was packed, and everyone was laughing, and cheering the whole time. I never get to go to this kind of stuff in the theater, I love it!

Magic In The Moonlight (2014)

It started out alright, the build up to introducing Emma Stone's character had me kind of interested.Colin Firth plays a fine grump, but if you've watched a lot of Allen's films, you pretty much know this guy. Stone's character was pretty bland, her only interesting trait was her "powers." Once the romance between the two starts building, it gets really boring, lots of scenes go on for too long, most of which just involve the characters aimlessly pondering about a relationship that personally I didn't even see. At least most of Allen's comedies I would deem as just OK gave me some light, mostly frequent belly laughs, like Scoop, or Curse of The Jade Scorpion. Not this one.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

Didn't plan on seeing this one, but I got stuck in a parking garage due to the amount of people trying to get out at one time, so yeah. I'm not an ultra TMNT fan, I like the first two live action movies, but have never gotten into any of the animated series, even though I would like to. I expected good dumb fun, but that was definitely not present. The movie just had such a overly serious tone, but mixed in with the goofy Ninja Turtles, which mixed horribly, especially when the turtle's new ugly designs don't fit their personalities at all.

The camera work was disorienting, most of it looked like someone was spinning around in an office chair with an unfocused camera right in front of everyone's faces most of the time. Some of the action sequences were kind of cool, mostly involving Shredder (who was a metal mess, but still kind of looked cool,) and Splinter, the worst example of CG in the movie, but I have to admit, did kick some ass. But surprisingly, that doesn't happen often. You have to listen to exposition focused on an origin story that's been told in the series more than I can count. The human characters were all bland. All of them. Plot? Barely there. Forced throwbacks to the old series,fart jokes, ass jokes, boob jokes, etc. It's all pretty bad.

The Fly (1986)

Well, I enjoyed it. It was pretty entertaining. Some parts I remembered, but it's been so long that a lot of it felt new too. I'd have to say though, that I'd rank it pretty close to the bottom on my list of Cronenberg films.

The Elephant Man (1980)

"I am happy every hour of the day. My life is full because I know that I am loved. I could not say that if it were not for you."

The Elephant Man is a great film. It made my eyes swell up a few times, very touching story.

It took me a while to digest this. I was kind of mad at first, but I guess I didn't want to admit that you're right. I can be pretty pretentious about my own opinions. I don't really like looking at movies as just entertainment. To me they are art. Well, sorry if I offended you.
It is less offending me, and more in how you carry yourself here. See that you do better in the future in being respectful to others.

Apology accepted.

Unregistered User

Pink Floyd-The Wall (1982)

How wrong was I about Geldof. He was brilliant as was the movie overall.

My Left Foot (1989)

I remembered this movie as i went along, DDL is great as always. Sometimes I find it difficult enjoying Irish movies but not with this.

Hugo (2011)

Heard some really negative reviews on this which to me were a bit unjust. I didn't think it was anything special but still a decent watch.

Apparently this is the only film Ebert ever walked out on. The violence was too much for him he said. Ehhh, what did he know?
Maybe it's because I watch a lot of violent movies, but I didn't think the violence in this was all that bad. It was more psychologically disturbing for me. I think this movie did a good job taking it's time to let you get to know the characters, who were likable, making what happens all the more horrifying.

UNDER THE SKIN (2014)

Quiet, hypnotic, challenging, and provocative. Drags a bit and leaves a little too much in the air for my taste, but an experience in and of itself. 8 out of 10.
Finally someone other than me and Swan who likes this

Brimming with rififi!
L’argent -

L’argent tells an interesting story but does so in an austere manner--namely the static camera, drab backgrounds, and flat characters. Sometimes this kind of execution works, but in regard to L’argent, it made the film drag a bit. As I mentioned before, the story is interesting, excellent even. The film presents an intriguing introspection of a man who is wrongfully accused of a crime, and how this warped and perverted a one time innocent family man.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Finally someone other than me and Swan who likes this
I rated it
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.