Movie Books

Tools    

I got this for my birthday. Such an amazing book. Definitely one of the best in my film book collection.

I got this for my birthday. Such an amazing book. Definitely one of the best in my film book collection.
I wanted it really bad but it was $80 so I thought about my B&N membership.. I got my normal 10% off then I had a coupon for 30% off as well... it got it down to a more reasonable price for me.....

Here's the screenplays I have.

Fire walk with me.

I dont know if this is the place to post this... but years ago.. I was reading this book and a coworker said "you know they are making that into a movie. It comes out in a couple of months."

The same with this book.. I read it right before the film was released and the film was a big let down... I was so unhappy over the changes they made from the book to the script..

(however I feel Rufus Sewell plays one of the best villains)

High Fidelity is a great book ,
Its one mof My Favourite books and yes the movie came out so well too

There seems to be some confusion about the subject of this thread, but the way I read it, is that you're asking about books on the subject of movies and not movies based on books, so going on that premise, I absolutely love The Golden Turkey Awards, a book about some of the worst movies ever made. I also like All Talking, All Singing, All Dancing, the History of the Movie Musical. There are also a series of books about individual actors that provide a biography, a complete listing of all the movies the actor made with cast lists, plot synopsis, and snippets of reviews from each film. The books are all called "The Films of..." and I have books on Katherine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Joan Crawford, and Bette Davis. I also enjoyed Norman Mailer's book on Marilyn Monroe.

Film Crit Hulk's "Screenwriting 101" is a nice, no-frills, plain language guide to understanding what makes a great story, from his great green perspective of course. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, and I find myself going back to his words when analyzing a film. Definitely recommended for not only aspiring screenwriters but critics and other kinds of writers and storytellers in general.