Matrix Reloaded Delayed To 2003

Tools    

From Sci-Fi Wire:

Joel Silver, producer of the two upcoming Matrix sequels, told SCI FI Wire that the release of the first sequel, The Matrix Reloaded, likely won't happen until 2003. "It's going to be summer now, summer 2003," Silver said in an interview at the premiere for Osmosis Jones, in which he has a cameo role. Rumors had The Matrix Reloaded opening as soon as Christmas 2002.

So what does that mean for The Matrix 3's release? "You'll see," Silver said.

Silver assured that the extra time added to the production schedules is simply meant to benefit the quality of both films. "It's just it's an enormous project," Silver said. "It's a staggering project. There's so much dealing with it, it's unbelievable, and they just need time to finish both movies, because we're shooting them as one big movie. It's not back to back. It's one movie, so they'll finish shooting it, and then they'll take the time to finish the movies."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I've lost faith in your delay announcements. POTA wasn't moved back. I'll wait until everyone is talking about it to believe it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I found out The delay of POTA from Fox was a joke. to get us (me and the theater workers) a little hyped. The Matrix Reloaded is true but if you wanna see it to bellieve it i don't blame ya.

Yeah, I saw this on MovieHeadlines.net, too, so I believe it. That's a shame -- I was going to see the second LOTR movie in the same month as The Matrix 2 -- back to back sequels (sort of)...both amazing. Would have been sweet. It's a smart move financially, though. They'll make way more in the summer, I think, even though Christmas is a good time to release a movie, too.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Does it really matter? How good can this movie be? It's just going to be him doing more of his 'WoaH' dives in slow motion.

u havent been reading and catching up have ya? the next two matrix films are going to rock with the most effect shots ever done in any movie. they are gonna top the original 100 time fold.

Effects don't make the movie. Matrix got lucky. I know it will make lots o money, but don't think it's going to be great because its going to have cool effects. The Matrix's effects weren't even that great. And they weren't original.

i didnt say i was gonna like it ONLY cause of the effects ! i have been reading up on these films (matrix 2 & 3) story/sets/ info and more and it all sounds awesome. i'm lookin forward to em.

MovieForums Extra
Now that's alotta special effects!

Originally posted by OG-
Effects don't make the movie. Matrix got lucky. I know it will make lots o money, but don't think it's going to be great because its going to have cool effects. The Matrix's effects weren't even that great. And they weren't original.
Er, I'd have to disagree with that. Just because, perhaps, one film that is not widely known may have used a similar "suspended animation" shot, or some kind of "flying kung-fu", it doesn't mean that what The Matrix did lacked originality. Now, Scary Movie and Catgs & Dogs lacked originality -- it got REALLY old.

The movie was original in many ways, I'll give you that. The thing that annoys me though is when people, and I'm not saying that anyone here says it, but when people say that the Matrix is so great because it was the first to do bullet time, and all sorts of other stuff, when it really wasn't at all.