Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Watching this. I've heard many good things

Fire walk with me.

Later tonight I'm watching

Andrei Tarkovsky' The Mirror

Unplanned watch, but it's on TV and 70s so why not?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this Daniel.... its one of my favorite films!!! EVER!!!!

Yes.. I am watching this movie... its from my childhood.. or at least the three films that make this one is...

This is actually made up of three classic Winnie the Pooh shorts: Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree (1966), Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day (1968), and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (1974), all edited together with animated wrap-arounds with Pooh and Piglet between each feature.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this Daniel.... its one of my favorite films!!! EVER!!!!
Very good and interesting film. Whilst I didn't absolutely love it, it's easy to see why this is such a cult classic. Quite simplistic in its approach, it feels at times low budget (but realistic/grounded, I can see why a remake with Nic Cage in the lead role would be terrible), but this, coupled with the British and religious setting gives it a fantastic eerie atmosphere that is at times fascinatingly terrifying - those masks!

Very good and interesting film. Whilst I didn't absolutely love it, it's easy to see why this is such a cult classic. Quite simplistic in its approach, it feels at times low budget (but realistic/grounded, I can see why a remake with Nic Cage in the lead role would be terrible), but this, coupled with the British and religious setting gives it a fantastic eerie atmosphere that is at times fascinatingly terrifying - those masks!
Back in the 70's, this was considered horror. Most view it as a drama with religious/paganism background now days.

Yes the Nic Cage one was horrible.

There is a film that came out a few years ago by the same director, Robin Hardy, called "The Wicker Tree". It has some horror aspects to it.

Back in the 70's, this was considered horror. Most view it as a drama with religious/paganism background now days.

Yes the Nic Cage one was horrible.

There is a film that came out a few years ago by the same director, Robin Hardy, called "The Wicker Tree". It has some horror aspects to it.
Yeah, I had seen the infamous 'Bees scene' before, doesn't look good...

And in one of the Sight and Sound magazines from this year or last they did a feature on The Wicker Man is it was the anniversary or something, so I had read a bit about it, I heard about that other film too, isn't it supposed to be like a spiritual prequel/sequel as it also deals with pagans and such?

Yeah, I had seen the infamous 'Bees scene' before, doesn't look good...

And in one of the Sight and Sound magazines from this year or last they did a feature on The Wicker Man is it was the anniversary or something, so I had read a bit about it, I heard about that other film too, isn't it supposed to be like a spiritual prequel/sequel as it also deals with pagans and such?
Yes... Robin Hardy is doing a trilogy..

The Wicker Man (1973)
The Wicker Tree (2011)
The Wrath of the Gods (est 2015)

All with paganism aspects...

Robin Hardy has another film called "Forbidden Sun" (1989) that deals with ritual paganism. I have the dvd but have yet to watch it.

And "The Fantasist", which I dont know much about.

He is an extremely interesting director.