3 votes
England
8.57%
3 votes
Any other team (please specify)
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Amazing that a country of less than 5 million is in the quarters. Got to root for Costa Rica.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Apparently not.

What a boss move from Van Gaal to bring another keeper to intimidate the players of Costa Rica and to give his own keeper in the goal more confidence.

EPIC shoot-out!

This just shows that penalties aren't all about luck. Krul guessed the right way each time so he was obviously prepared. Superb tactic by Van Gaal though, dude has balls of steel.

Van Gaal is an absolute egotistical c*nt, but that was a good idea and surprised it hasn't been done before. Got to kind of love (to hate?) these types of characters though, will be interesting in the PL next year.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Heh, yeah it was a brilliant bit of theatre.

Apparently Krul doesn't even have a particularly good record against penalties. The change was purely to mess with Costa Rican heads.

Van Gaal is an absolute egotistical c*nt, but that was a good idea and surprised it hasn't been done before. Got to kind of love (to hate?) these types of characters though, will be interesting in the PL next year.
Exactly what you need at United. I can't wait.

@Guap. Brazil facing teams that are clearly better than them like Chile or Columbia, is where luck and questionable decisions have taken place. Brazil should thank the refs for getting this far. I also doubt you've watched any of this WC, if you have and you still apply your usual statiscal analysis that is just as irrelavant to football as it is to movies then i pity you.
Could you be a little more hostile please?

The final will be between Brazil & Nederlands

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
My uneducated guess is that, while Germany should win because of the lack of Silva and Neymar, Brazil being home will pull out a win and Messi will lead Argentina to victory making it an all South American final.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
How bad is di Maria being out for Argentina?

Normally I'd say bad, but they're playing so poorly and with everything so geared around Messi that I don't know if it's much worse than most other players.

Could you be a little more hostile please?
Yeah i apologize Guap, when i sent that i was in a bad mood for an unrelated to the WC reason. . I still stick by my statement though, that i doubt you have watched much of the WC, from your posts it seems like you look at how many passes were completed and how many shots were on target. While most people just watch the games and realize for themselves who was better, you stick around for the stats to tell you who was better.