The Official Criterion Collection Reviews Tab

Tools    

Well, made my first order from the 50% off sale. Wanted to upgrade from the Criterion DVD that I bought second hand years ago, love this film(over $30 on Amazon right now!):

There are two more I definitely would like so will order those tomorrow.

We're not saving that much are we? Would be about 5 bux each wouldn't it?

You can get most of them for like 25 bux each on Amazon. 50% off sounds inviting but when they (B&N) are usually selling them for $40 it's not actually a massive saving.

edit: woops, fudged up the price i said amazon are selling them for.

Can I have the same advantages than you if I live in Canada?

The international shipping is cheaper than it is with Amazon so it's definitely worth a look.

I can get 10 of them sent to New Zealand for 250 nzd whereas my last order off Amazon was 270 and that was for 8 Criterions.

just ordered bigger than life, au revoir les enfants, a woman under the influence, the night of the hunter, and knife in the water. haven't seen the last two yet but i love the other three already. can't wait for them to get here.

We're not saving that much are we?
Life Aquatic that I ordered above cost me £16/$27 from Barnes & Noble, that includes the postage to Britain. From Amazon the same blu-ray would have cost me £22/$37 including postage, and not forgetting the risk of fines(because Amazon prices makes it go over the customs limit to import into Britain) that would bring it to £30+/$51+ if caught by our Royal Mail service because unfortunately they have a disgusting handling fee.

Because of postage to Britain it doesn't make the 50% amazing but about £6/$10 saving and no risk of customs is very good for me.

Just bought 3 movies at Barnes & Noble.. 1 is Criterion and 2 are Art House films.. Im happy for the 50% off.... I need to order "Salo" Criterion for my Argentine friend. I bought him "The Night Porter" a few months back and mailed them myself instead of letting B&N ship it and he still doesnt have it. I told him that if he doesnt get it in a few weeks, I will order it from B&N so I know it will make it to him. I asked my friend who works there and the sale is on until July 29th.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Picked up a few today:

The Freshman
Persona
A Hard Day's Night
Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
Ace in the Hole
Paths of Glory
Red River
Picnic at Hanging Rock

With coupons and my 10% member discount, I get the $40 titles for about $16.50. Seems pretty good to me!

Last year I spent so much in Criterion that about 2 weeks after the sale ... I got a $25 gift card in the mail... I guess they were paying me back for spending so much there... I was buying 7 to 8 films a week for 4 weeks....

Picked up a few today:

Persona
Picnic at Hanging Rock
I was looking for these three at three different stores, none had them, unreal. Sure you can get them online but I WANNA FEEL THEM NOW

This sale is clearly a cause of mass hysteria

I do not feel the need to buy a lot of Criterion DVDs since I have access to the Criterion Collection on Hulu.

But that being said, Naked Lunch is not available for streaming, so I picked that up. Might get another movie later on. We shall see.

So I went back through the Criterion Sale at Barnes and Nobles seeing how may pay for my move and I think my final trip to Florida was sent by the Army.

So I purchased a few more DVDs. So my total haul from the Criterion sale include:

Naked Lunch
Repo Man
Black Narcissus
Naked

I was tempted to buy In the Mood for Love, but I found a significantly cheaper version on Amazon.

Picked up a few today:

The Freshman
Persona
A Hard Day's Night
Ace in the Hole
Paths of Glory
Red River
Picnic at Hanging Rock

With coupons and my 10% member discount, I get the $40 titles for about $16.50. Seems pretty good to me!
Did you buy in store? I’m attempting to get my extra ten percent online, but it’s not allowing me to. Maybe I’ll just have to stop in tomorrow. Oh, and nice pickups, by the way!

Anyways, I plan on picking up Smiles Of A Summer Night (blu-ray), La Bete Humaine, Le Feu Follet, Cronos (blu-ray), and The Great Dictator (blu-ray.)

I tried to pick out a few that are a lot pricier on Amazon, and Ebay, so I could get a good deal. With the exception of The Great Dictator. Honestly, I'm not saving much with that one, I just really want that in my collection.