Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Some good imagery but did not do much for me. I have seen enough movies about drugs and addiction.

i don't really understand but it's ok ! that's not for everybody

Founder of DejaScene.com
hmmm listen to Basketball diaries , Trainspotting or Panic in Needle Park...
Basketball diaries, now that takes me back.

DiCaprio as always played the role so well.

The Conjuring (2013)

I know this was touted as one of the scariest movies in a long, long time by critics and by people I know, but as I've stated before, I've never been actually scared by a movie. Some I find creepy, some give me jolts (like Jaws but I don't consider that being actually scared, just a "Boo!" type of jump-jolt). Some movies, can however, creep me out. I mean, I get a bit tense, and think the movie has a spooky atmosphere, but it doesn't haunt me for days or anything like that.

That said, I find The Conjuring to fall under my "spooky atmosphere" category. It was very spooky almost all the way through. What really sold it for me was the acting, particularly by the two female leads, Vera Farmiga and Lily Taylor. They were pretty dang awesome. And everyone in the movie really held their own, down to the youngest daughter. And I liked that the movie left off with a hint of maybe another movie to come, with a famous supposed haunted house that I'm sure you've heard of, but you have to see the movie to figure out which one they're talking about, 'cause I ain't telling!

I'm glad to see that someone else didn't think this movie was as great as the reviews say it is. I watched it recently, and I thought the same thing, but every review that I read about this movie talked about how funny the movie is. I couldn't figure out what I was missing that everyone else got. It's nice to know that I'm not crazy.
Oh, you're not alone. I didn't like it at all. But then, it's Mel Brooks, so that's what I expect.

Unregistered User

The Andromeda Strain (1971)

A really strong beginning and ending but for me, the middle was a bit of a drag. As a whole the movie felt too long.

Days of Heaven (1978)

...is a beautiful film with fantastic panoramic cinematography, but I need more than nice pictures to enjoy a film, and this one just didn't do it for me. 3.5/5
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
A Night in the Woods

Picked this up along with a few other dvds the other day and we watched this one. I thought it was ok, very much like the Blair Witch if im honest. It involves a couple and her cousin who go for a night in the woods camping and the plot between the three characters was enjoyable if not obvious what was going to happen. Once the 'scary stuff' starts to happen it goes off to the running in the woods with camera and the finale someone being pulled off and dropping the camera and then credits. Think my review is fair, not really a film I would rush back to see, maybe a film for being in the background while chatting or doing something else.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Days of Heaven (1978)

...is a beautiful film with fantastic panoramic cinematography, but I need more than nice pictures to enjoy a film, and this one just didn't do it for me. 3.5/5
Walkabout (1971)

A very beautiful film of the cultural clash between nature and civilisation...
Really high on my list! 4.5/5
What do you think is the difference, content-wise and thematically, between the two?

Sorry, my English is very poor, cannot participate in discussion.

Walkabout is a unique and remarkable film, it presents the greatest contrast I've ever seen between Humankind and Nature. Movie with many levels...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

The Sting (1973)

This was a re-watch of a movie that I've seen before, but it just gets better every time I watch it. It's one of the greatest con job movies in movie history, and it is a must see movie for everyone. It's fun. it's exciting, and you couldn't ask for a better cast. It's a movie that you'll want to watch again and again just to pick up on some of the clues that you missed the first time around. I highly recommend this movie, and it should be on everyone Top 1970s Movie List.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Obsession (1976)

I watched this movie mainly because it's a Brian De Palma thriller, and I'm a Cliff Robertson fan. I had high hopes for this movie because most reviews compare it to the Alfred Hitchcock classics, but it just wasn't that good. It was kind of slow, and a bit boring at times, and the ending was way too predictable.

However one of the reasons that the ending may have been predictable was because any other ending would have made John Lithgow completely wasted in the movie, but he wasn't the big star in the 1970s that he is today, so it may just not stand up to the test of time because Lithgow is such a good actor.

Unless you're a really big fan of either Brian De Palma or one of the stars of the movie, this is one thriller that doesn't really thrill, and unfortunately it can easily be missed.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Ah Christmas. A wonderful time for family,warmth,presents, and of course Murder. Can't forget that.

Black Christmas is splendid. It is one of the most atmoshperic films I've seen in quite some time. Atmosphere, mood,ambiance, whatever you wanna call it, this has in spades. This film slowly casts a spell over you, a creepy,haunting little spell and you can't quite look away. It's definitely one of the best 70's horror flicks and I just might have to add this to my ever fluctuating list of favorite 70's films.

Give this one a shot guys, as the countdown is near.I'm giving it a
+, but depending on mood this can easily be a
. Its damn good

3:10 to Yuma 8.5/10 - Great movie. Made me think