Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Movie club night:

Midnight Express (1978) by Alan Parker

My roommate really wants me to see this. I would say that i have my doubts, especially after Daniel M's rating in the movie tab and as i dont like Alan Parkers other films. Hopefully im in for a surprise.

Rosemary's Baby (1968) by Roman Polanski

Im happy to rewatch this movie. It is one of my favorite horror movies and i remember it as a stonecold masterpiece and the best of Polanski's apartement trilogy!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Hard studying of series finally paid off! I don't have to take an analysis exam and my classes grade will be my final grade! That's how I feel right now:

To celebrate this I'll be watching Hobo with a Shotgun today!

Looks like a movie I'd enjoy.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Hard studying of series finally paid off! I don't have to take an analysis exam and my classes grade will be my final grade! That's how I feel right now:

Gotta love Rutger Hauer, one of my favorite flicks from 2011

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Holy Mountain

My first venture into the world of Jodorowsky.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I watched Battle Los Angeles tonight and I enjoyed it, but the shaky cam is so annoying in this film. I hate shaky cam full stop, but it really got on my nerves tonight and I couldnt enjoy the movie as much.

Shaky cam ruins movies.

Im going to give it a try just because Christian Slater is in it... if its crap... I will probably turn it off

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Im going to give it a try just because Christian Slater is in it... if its crap... I will probably turn it off

Please try to remember to come back here tomorrow and tell us what you thought of the movie. I like Christian Slater, but I've never heard of that movie.

Z Channel: A Magnificent Obsession

Next one:

All That Jazz
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Kwaidan (1964) by Masaki Kobayashi

Im trying to get a better feel for Japanese cinema and this one has long been on my watchlist. Should be exciting to see how Kobayashi handles ghost stories!

Woman in the Dunes (1964) by Hiroshi Teshigahara

Another japanese movie i have been waiting to see and i also have high hopes for this one!