Questions about Spy films

Tools    

if you all would be kind enough to answer these questions it would be a great help!

What is your favourite aspect of the Spy/Espionage genre?

What is your favourite spy film? Give a reason for your answer.

How important to you is the opening scene of a film?

In addition what would you like to see in the first scene of an espionage/spy film?

if you all would be kind enough to answer these questions it would be a great help!

What is your favourite aspect of the Spy/Espionage genre?
The suspense, when they are being chased and there is a sense of mystery about the whole thing, you don't know what's around the corner and the protagonist is always trying to stay one step ahead of the villain(s).

What is your favourite spy film? Give a reason for your answer.
North by Northwest. Everything you need, enjoyable protagonist and interesting plot. Great set pieces (UN, Rushmore, Crop duster etc.), mysterious woman, and I like the MacGuffin at the centre of it that keeps the plot ticking along.

Quite important I guess, needs to set up the mystery/plot well. Doesn't neccesarily have to be action packed I guess.

In addition what would you like to see in the first scene of an espionage/spy film?
Seeing the spy at work maybe, or maybe the opposite: seeing them in their 'normal' lifes, everything is calm, and then the story kicks in?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I really like the intros in Bond Movies. Sometimes the beginning doesn't have much in common with the rest, but it's a nice introduction, anyway.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

What is your favorite aspect of the Spy/Espionage genre?

The secrecy, betrayal, and intrigue. It's the closest countries come to behaving like organized criminal syndicates.

The CIA and the Mafia are different sides of the same coin. - Chicago Mafia Boss Sam Giancana

What is your favorite spy film? Give a reason for your answer.

I love Bond movies, but I prefer darker, dreary, dialogue driven "spycraft" type movies.

Out of: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, Topaz, Torn Curtain, The Ipcress File, Three Days of the Condor, The Good Shepherd, The Company, and Munich, I may have to say that Munich is my favorite spy film.

The reason? The violence is not glorified and looks painfully real.
Also, the idea of targeted assassination fascinates me for some reason.

Pretty important. My favorite opening to a spy movie may be the opening to the miniseries of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, where all the members of control are coming in one by one for a meeting.

Trench coats and betrayal

Many people praise spy movies The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and famous James Bond. They all are well known. And, then there is The Conversation and many other.