Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

I've always enjoyed Raiders. I'm looking forward to the next movie, although I'm worried as to how Ford is going to act it as his age is showing. What is he, like 80?

He'll be 72 in July. At his current age he could do the basic acting scenes easily enough, but the extensive action and stunt scenes will clearly have to be doubled.

Raiders of the lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Kingdom Of the Crystal Skull: I didn't mind the alien idea too much, i see what they were going for.
Temple of Doom: It just didn't do much for me

If Indy 5 gets made, what kind of artifact would you like to see Indy pursue? I'd like to see something with a darker origin, maybe a demonic relic of sorts.

If Indy 5 gets made, what kind of artifact would you like to see Indy pursue? I'd like to see something with a darker origin, maybe a demonic relic of sorts.
Indiana Jones and the Shameless Grab for More Cash
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'm wondering if by 2016 we could possibly get Indy 5? 2016 would be an even more epic movie Summer with all that's shaping up for release that year.

I'm wondering if by 2016 we could possibly get Indy 5? 2016 would be an even more epic movie Summer with all that's shaping up for release that year.
If we do then I think at this point they should just reboot the entire series with a new actor - how old's Harrison ford now? Almost 75? Plus Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was such a disappointment for me that I don't think they can redeem it now w/o just starting over from scratch.

1. Last Crusade

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark

3. Temple of Doom (haven't seen it but I can already say it's better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)

4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (no brainer)

If we do then I think at this point they should just reboot the entire series with a new actor - how old's Harrison ford now? Almost 75? Plus Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was such a disappointment for me that I don't think they can redeem it now w/o just starting over from scratch.

Ford is almost 72. He's getting up there but if they get on production soon enough he could at least do his basic acting scenes easily enough.

Ford is almost 72. He's getting up there but if they get on production soon enough he could at least do his basic acting scenes easily enough.
Sure he could, but the idea of a senior citizen fighting Nazis on top of a tank just doesn't seem believable to me even by "Indiana Jones" standards of realism.

This is the same reason I have doubts about the upcoming Star Wars films - I don't mind Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, or Harrison Ford appearing as cameos in the films, but if they're seriously going to use them as the lead actors that will just be a recipe for disaster - it will make it seem like one of those "made for TV renunion films" based on popular TV shows.

Kingdom of Crystal Skull isn't a bad movie as many are exaggerating.
As a stand alone family-friendly action/adventure film it wasn't "terrible" - but compared to the previous Indiana Jones films it was very dumbed down and focused mainly on over-the-top action scenes which were totally out of character from the previous films - in Last Crusade the most-over-the top scene was Indy fighting a Nazi on a slow-moving tank, but Chrystal Skull included scenes such as being blown miles through the air in a fridge by a nuclear blast and surviving, swinging from vines and catching up to a fast-moving jeep, a fencing duel atop two speeding jeeps, etc

The scene at the end where Indy offers to save the villian (fat Russian dude, I don't remember the name) also made no sense. It was basically a 'tribute' to the Last Crusade scene where Indy offers to save the traitorous German lady before she falls to her death - but in LC she was a love interest to Indy so he still had feelings for her even after she turned out to be a spy - in Chrystal Skull it was just some "fat Russian dude" who'd backstabbed him (so unless Indy secretly had a crush on him, this was totally out of character for Indy).

IMO Crystal Skull Is basically to the previous Indy films what (all of) the sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean were to the original - it was made mainly just with profit in mind, and uses over-the-top action scenes and special effects at the expense of the plot and the characters.

Actually the fat Russian Dude was a British Spy and an old friend of Indy's during WWII, who had become disillusioned by all the spying he'd done and had turned against the Allies to fight alongside the Russians.

But in reality he was actually doing that to spy on the Russians and was really on the Allies side after all, a Double Agent... then it transpires that he really was on the Russian's side.

Indy at one point calls him a Triple Agent.

The worst thing about Crystal Skull is all the recycled ideas from other Spielberg related films.

The fridge getting nuked was the original Time Machine idea from Back To The Future, the music was recycled from War Of The Worlds.

Then there's the character Mutt. Mutt being the slang word for Dog. Indiana was the name of Dr Jones' dog when he was a boy and also the name of George Lucas' dog too.

CGI Monkeys with Mutt swinging with them through the jungle was simply just a crap idea and having aliens involved, which caused a rift between Spielberg and Lucas, then Lucas said "OK, I'll change the script".
All he actually did was change references of aliens to "Interdimensional Beings" which caused Spielberg to do a facepalm.

Abysmal excuse for a movie.

in Last Crusade the most-over-the top scene was Indy fighting a Nazi on a slow-moving tank, but Chrystal Skull included scenes such as being blown miles through the air in a fridge by a nuclear blast and surviving, swinging from vines and catching up to a fast-moving jeep, a fencing duel atop two speeding jeeps, etc

The original three have quite a few scenes just as OTT and outlandish as anything in Crystal Skull.

The Last Crusade
Raiders of the Lost Arc
Temple of Doom
Kingdom of Crystal Skull

Raiders of the lost ark
Temple of Doom
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
1>3>2>4 I think