Awesomely Bad Songs

Tools    

and Czech parody of it:

There shouldn't be a parody of that. That's everything I still wish Eurovision was. That said, I'd also like to see the parody in Eurovision, too.

And, just because this is what came to mind while watching that.

I'm rarely proud of my country, but when a national broadcaster does this, you've got to be a little proud.

Citizen of Werewolfville
I'm rarely proud of my country, but when a national broadcaster does this, you've got to be a little proud.

That reminds me of another possibly stupid, but addictive Czech song called Globální oteplování (Global Warming). Several years ago, very popular Czech actor Vojtěch Dyk tried to prank his female fans by pretending to be gay. He sang a song about it. However, a strange thing happened - the song became a huge hit. Because it was at time when Czech president Václav Klaus constantly vetoed a law allowing gay marriages (and most of Czech people passionately hated this now former president), the song itself and its massive popularity was seen as kind of protest against him. To see thousands of people singing along a refrain "I´m gay, I´m gay, I´m queer" is somewhat surreal, but also kind of typical for Czech sense of irony.

This is English version of the song, unfortunatelly with slightly different meaning of lyrics:

there's a frog in my snake oil
Milla Jocovich gets lost in the Velvet Underground

&feature=kp

(It's all very pretty til she loses it at the end )