Revivalized

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
What genre or movie series needs to be revived?
How should it be properly done?

BANNED
I'd like to see some more swashbuckling adventure/romance movies. I think with modern digital effects, they can do a great job of it. I'd like to see them done realistically and with more attention paid to authenticity, as opposed to the Pirates of the Caribbean nonsense in all it's Disneyfied pseudo-glory.

A novel adaptation.
I'd really like to see someone revive the Batman series, and more than anything I'd like to see someone do it right. Really dark, really gothic, Batman being more like a ninja and less like a mummy, and him killing villains and such. I think Edward Gorey would have been the perfect production designer, but he's recently kicked the bucket (who came up with such a phrase?).

Have no idea which, if any, director could properly helm such a thing, but rumors are that Darren Arnofsky's going to take a shot at it. Which is... a start, I guess.

BANNED
I agree, a revival of the Batman series should be fun!

I See You When You're Sleeping
Did you hear about that short Batman film that was made? It looked pretty cool and quite 'comic' like.

Go here for more info on that little project.

Im not really happy with the idea of the superman films being "Revivalized", I'd prefer to leave it with chris reeves' effort and maybe concentrate on expanding Smallville onto the big screen.

"Revitalized" or "revived". There ain't no such word as "revivalized" there, Dr. Suess.

Hopefully Costner's Open Range will be high enough quality that the studios will go though another spurt where they finance Westerns from A-list directors again. If I have to suffer through another Texas Rangers (2001) or American Outlaws (2001), I'm a gonna have to hang somebody.

Get a rope!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by MinionTV
Did you hear about that short Batman film that was made? It looked pretty cool and quite 'comic' like.
Is that the one with the "Aliens" and "Predator"?

"Revitalized" or "revived". There ain't no such word as "revivalized" there, Dr. Suess.
Was that directed at me?
Because I try to rarely use real words for thread or post titles. It was either that or "Revivatized."
And answer some of my shoutbox questions about Boston, you wordsmith, you!

I See You When You're Sleeping
Originally Posted by Herod
Is that the one with the "Aliens" and "Predator"?
I have no idea there sonny, you've stumped me on that one! I was just referring to those pics I posted up top.

Originally Posted by Dr. Holden
Revitalized" or "revived". There ain't no such word as "revivalized" there, Dr. Suess
Hey, I like Herod's terms! Herod, never stop making your own language up, we need to develop some Newspeak and then holden will be vaporised for talking the Oldspeak.

BANNED
This is the link to download that Batman short film: http://www.theforce.net/theater/shor...atman_deadend/

Enjoy!

A novel adaptation.
Yes, muchly so.

BANNED
My pleasure!

I'd like to see some more films touched by the essence of traditional film noir, as opposed to that of the flashier, shallower neo-noir. I guess. And I also agree with Holden. A resurgence of the Western could be nice.

More than anything though, I wish there were some more epic epics in the vein of David Lean. But like, real ones. Decent ones. Not like Gladiator, if you get my drift.

Praise be to Peter Jackson, perhaps?

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Praise be to Peter Jackson, perhaps?
Perhaps.
But I'm thinking more natural epics.
As, with the exception of that scene where an army of computer generated Orcs defeated the Turks in Lawrence of Arabia, most of those old fashioned epics tended to be somehwhat more human.

But you're right, it's been a long time since any movie has been released where, when describing it, there comes a point where you just have to spread your arms out and say, staring off into the distance,
"It's... Man, it's just huge. Man, it's larger than life! Just... huge!"

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Hopefully Costner's Open Range will be high enough quality that the studios will go though another spurt where they finance Westerns from A-list directors again. !
From all of the excellent reviews I read...it looks like that Open Range is going to be great!!! I hope it does spark a new trend of quality westerns...you think we can get back to the glory days of HIGH NOON or SHANE???

BANNED
Originally Posted by Herod
As, with the exception of that scene where an army of computer generated Orcs defeated the Turks in Lawrence of Arabia, most of those old fashioned epics tended to be somehwhat more human.
Hmm . . . not sure when that happened, but I agree . . . it would be nice to see more humanity and less computer generated digital special effects in movies! That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Open Range--it has the epic sweep of a classic western without compromising on the human touches, it seems. Kevin Costner seems to have a knack for achieving that in his films! Should be cool!