Spring Breakers

4/10

i dont mind watching partying, drugs, and boobs, but this was disgusting

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Spring Breakers

4/10

I didn't think it was disgusting. Just terrible filmmaking

I personally prefer the formalism and the epicness of There Will Be Blood to the stylishness and energy of Boogie Nights, and I don't think Boogie Nights is as good as There Will Be Blood, but it's still great. I have to rewatch both one of these days.
Summed up perfectly. It's a film endowed with formal beauty.

There Will Be Blood is simply a movie that PTA will probably never top.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Spring Breakers

4/10

I think Selena has potential talent, but that film was atrocious.
I think my head might explode if Korine made a good movie then - Spring Breakers is in the best three movies of the year IMO

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
You guys obviously haven't seen Trash Humpers.....to be fair, I haven't either.
I have! I even listed it as the weirdest movie I've ever seen.

As for latest films:

Seclusion

I only saw this because it was written and directed by a guy my dad works with.

2/5

Chronicle

I enjoyed this. I'm really picky when it comes to "found footage films" (I only like enough to count on one hand) so was really surprised that I enjoyed this. I felt like it was a super villain origin story. From what I've read, I do wish it ended the way it was originally planned but I understand the budget restraints.

3/5

The Bib-iest of Nickels

There are times whenever you watch a movie expecting mindless entertainment, and come out getting something that is actually wholesome and well-thought out. For example, whenever I went to see the Lego Movie, I was expecting to enjoy myself, but I wasn't expecting to find myself actually comparing it to Toy Story and The Lion King. Then, there are times like Free Birds, where you go into a movie expecting something stupid, and by the time the credits role, you realize that you underestimated just how stupid it was going to be.

I can honestly say that I didn't laugh even once while the movie was playing, and my little sister that watched it with me, barely even cracked a smile. It's because it was so godawful and horribly written that it even insulted the intelligence of its leading demographic, and that is children. The movie had the talent of Woody Harrelson, while Owen Wilson and Amy Poehler were also involved. However, as opposed to capitalizing on that, it instead whipped out the worst animated movie that I have seen in recent memories.

The Evil Inside (other-wise known as The Dead Inside) wasn't a movie that I knew anything about prior to watching. In-fact, a lot of the movies that I have been watching lately have actually been ones that were rented by other people. Even still, I immediately caught-eye of the dark-haired protagonist, played by Hannah Ward, an awkward teenage girl that is mentally ill. I liked her because she immediately reminded me of the protagonist from Excision, who was also incredibly bizarre. The only difference is that Hannah Ward's character plays it straight for most of the movie, whereas Excision has a lot of humor in it.

A lot didn't have very nice things to say about The Evil Inside, or whatever the flying **** it's called, but I think that there was actually some good in it. There's a lot about the movie that feels generic, for example, the characters feel very horror-cliche with sluts, douches, jocks, and one or two characters that aren't complete ********. However, the ideas that were in the movie at least had something interesting about them. They weren't done well, but it was one of those movies that you felt, if they would have done things a little different, the means were there for it to have been a better movie.

Rating:
Free Birds: 2.0/10.0 - I honestly can't think of anything positive to say about this movie, I suppose that it is sound from an animation standpoint.

The Evil/Dead Inside:
5.0/10.0 - The movie had one or two things that could have been cool, but the movie overall doesn't introduce anything worthwhile.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, 4.8/5. Just amazing. The only problem I had was that too many characters were just numbers to be flashed at the cannon fire. I liked that we had a chance to meet the competitors in the first movie but here, most of them were just there for dramatic effect. Other than that though, the movie was amazing. The acting greatly improved in most characters, they had better actors for the more important new roles and the good actors from the first film got more needed screen time. It was just an overall great experience and it has me excited for the next film. I cannot wait. I'm buying the blu-ray when it comes out on the 7th for sure now.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

Scarecrow (1973, Jerry Schatzberg)

As it may be flawed and uneven, Schatzberg's road film is candid - and often stark - drama. It is 70s American filmmaking encapsulated, depicting the struggle and dereliction of its characters in an inequitable society. Stylistically, it is vaguely reminiscent of Wim Wenders' road dramas, as lengthened takes and subtle, gradual camerawork constitute the aesthetics of the film, which seemed completely fitting. Both Hackman and Pacino excel remarkably well in their roles, particularly the latter, whose portrayal of a solicitous and innocuous ex-salior, wandering aimlessly in the desolate American landscape (presumably after a war), was exceptional. There was an undercurrent of vulnerability to the character that only somebody of Pacino's towering versatility as an actor could engender, and do some stunningly well.

The main problem, however, stems in its writing. At its core, the film is empty, never pursuing to tell - or stick to - a real story. Rather, it focuses on the relations between Max and Lion, and that's okay, but it eventually wears thin and becomes fairly haphazard in its latter acts. Ultimately, it is best summed up as a dour and honest road drama, thanks in large part to Schatzberg's presence behind the camera and the sublime acting. Unfortunately, it is riddled with a defective script that seemed to, on one level, obtain a great degree ambition, but, in the end, fell short and never utilised, making this a good, albeit flawed piece.

Cache

I enjoyed most of the movie, but the last third went downhill, and it left me with more questions than answers. I thought the husband/wife relationship was pretty interesting.

That's what's supposed to happen
Yea I was thinking that; sometimes it bothers me, sometimes not. I think this frustrated me a little because I wasn't crazy about the last third as a whole.