Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Through a glass darkly-
. Bergman films are always technically sound,well acted and honest. But there's always this chill that permeates throughout his movies that keeps me from connecting with them emotionally. From what I've seen from him Persona is my favorite.
Persona is a very aggressive movie, a movie with a stronger sense of theatricality than his other movies. His other movies are more subtle and I liked Persona more than his others (with the also very aggressive, Cries and Whispers, both in my top 100 favorites).

Try watching Virgin Spring. It's also a very aggressive movie by Bergman, featuring a rape kill scene even.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
You could at least google it. He's a 105 year old Portuguese filmmaker whose made 8 films in the past 10 years. Basically, he can be thought of the world's only remaining silent filmmaker. His films should be judged in their own regard though, the one's I've seen are great.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
You could at least google it. He's a 105 year old Portuguese filmmaker whose made 8 films in the past 10 years. Basically, he can be thought of the world's only remaining silent filmmaker. His films should be judged in their own regard though, the one's I've seen are great.
I looked him up, never heard of anything that he's ever done, but considering that he isn't very popular in the States, I am none too surprised. However, it is certainly a feat to be actively making movies at that age.

The Woman in Black, 3/5. It isn't as horrible as I thought it would be but it did have a few problems. Most notably were the long times of silence and the obvious to come jump scares. Also, I kind of wanted to know exactly why what the characters did to stop the woman in black didn't work and, if anything would. Seemed a bit unresolved. The scares were there, but they weren't as good as they should have been the story was a bit weak. Also, it was kind of a happy ending even though it wasn't, and that was kind of odd. Overall it was alright but it could have and should have been better because the acting, when they allowed it to happen was great.

"Capote" with Philip Seymour Hoffman : 7/10

Gattaca : 8/10

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
El Mariachi

Action flick,had a good time with it,don't watch this if you want deep story.Good decant movie.

VERDICT:7/10

Unregistered User

THe Getaway (1972)

Excellent crime thriller starring Steve McQueen and the stunning Ali MacGraw both on the run after a bank robbery gone wrong

8/10

Stoker

Park's first English language film, starring Nicole Kidman as the widow of a recenetly deceased man. It was never going to top any of the Vengeance trilogy but i was still pretty disappointed. Some of the shock moments were pretty decent but thats about it.

6/10

Barneys Version

Giamatti brilliant as always, this time playing a producer struggling to keep his life in check. I enjoyed Sideways more than this but nevertheless Giamatti is superb and very underrated inmmy opinion.

8.5/10

Grave Encounters, 2.5/5. This movie had a lot of hype behind it, but the trailers ruined all of the scary parts and three of the people in the movie just kind of disappeared, one with nothing more than an explanation that he was just gone. They should have showed us why. The worst part is, some people think this is one of scariest movies ever, and I honestly found The Woman in Black made me jump or even feel scared more than this one did. The monsters really weren't all that scary and it seems as though only one ever gave chase, and by and large they pretty much beat it. If it were me, once I learned I could touch the thing scaring me, I'd kill it and move on. The movie seemed to drag on a lot and the characters were pretty shallow. The atmosphere was done well though and actually innovates on the whole haunted hospital thing. For the that one good positive note I give it this low rating. I'll probably check out the second one soon, just to see if it's better.

Watched Elysium this afternoon. Easy to watch but felt it could have been a lot better. Action clips seems to happen to fast and could hardly see what was going on. The idea is good but felt it focussed on other things rather than what would have made it a lot better.

6/10

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Dial M for Murder

Wonderful,I really enjoyed it,so intense at some moments,perfect thriller with good plot,good detective/killer plans,moves,chess play.Acting is good,whole movie is happening at one place but you never get bored,in every scene I noticed something new in apartment.He had a nice plan but...Well he panicked at key moment.In the end everything makes sense.

VERDICT:9/10

Resident Evil Damnation, 4.5/5. There are a few too many stereotypical lines in this movie, which hits it a little hard considering at one point they basically make fun of dramatic cliche's and then move on to use them later. Other than that though, the characters are good, the story is great, the animation is impressive, and it was a good way to get people ready for what I consider a good Resident Evil game. It's a fun watch.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I Stand Alone-Sick,appalling,heinous. Three words used to describe this film. It is about a vile,lonely man who does vile,nasty things. I'd say this is a good character-study, and there's nothing inherently wrong with the film.The subject matter is certainly not for everyone as it shows us the mind of a man who has sunk to unfathomable depths. I see a bit of Taxi Driver in this film.