Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Part of me wonders if he never intended to make the movie in the first place and this is just a publicity stunt to get people interested in buying the screenplay, which was all he really wanted to do -- just publish a script, but not make it.

Now I realize it's better to just make a movie, but who knows? Maybe he wrote something but didn't actually wanna make it. Or wrote it and then changed his mind and decided not to make it.

He seems like a big baby if this is all true.
SC writes a normal post not being neither a provocation nor spam and that's got some logic and sense in it? Epochal!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Damn... I was looking forward to this as well.

In a related development, we got an email from the agents of Michael Madsen, one of the actors (along with Bruce Dern and Tim Roth) who got scripts. “Kismet Talent Agency is the exclusive talent agency for Michael Madsen. As we never received the Tarantino script in question, we therefore could not possibly be the source of the purported leak,” wrote agent Vicki Roberts. Since the script wasn’t watermarked, it will be next to impossible to solve this. But publishing Tarantino’s work online seems a new low.
I don't have enough posts to link this but the article can be found at deadline.com There isn't much else to it, however.

-War, Famine, Pestilence, Death

In the news today: Tarantino is now pissed with and is suing the websites that leaked the script and made it available for download.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/quentin-...6--sector.html
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Good on him! I'd be pissed if I were him...Although, I heard he was going to write another script before beginning production on THE anyway?

Finished here. It's been fun.
Hope he picks the script up again and goes through with making the film. I would love to see this film.

I want him to do something totally new, like a horror movie. This just seems too much like the kind of stuff he's already done.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Not surprised to see that he'll probably make it after all. The whole thing just felt like such a pathetic over-reaction on his part, especially as so many of his other films had their scripts leaked as well. I guess it was more about the betrayal than the fact it had been leaked. Considering how hot the film became before it even went into production I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a stunt.

I actually thought that it may all have been a plot to set up a future film for QT, a revenge thriller surrounding the leaking of a script. It would be like QT's version of The Player or Sunset Boulevard, a film taking a biting look at the inner workings of Hollywood.

I wish he wouldn't make it. I haven't read the whole script, but I did read a detailed description of the whole thing, and it didn't seem interesting.

I wish he wouldn't make it. I haven't read the whole script, but I did read a detailed description of the whole thing, and it didn't seem interesting.
It sounded a bit like From Dusk Till Dawn but with cowboys, I read a few pages, but stopped in case he makes it.

A Tarantino horror movie would be awesome and you know it.
I think he's referring to how you say totally new but he made Death Proof.

Wow I totally forgot about Death Proof. Still, I'd like to see him do a full-on horror movie.

I actually thought that it may all have been a plot to set up a future film for QT, a revenge thriller surrounding the leaking of a script. It would be like QT's version of The Player or Sunset Boulevard, a film taking a biting look at the inner workings of Hollywood.
That'd be a lot more interesting than another Western or Kill Bill. Hell, I might even go to the cinema to see that. I've not seen Tarantino in the cinema since Jackie Brown.

I would honestly like to see a non-violent Quentin Tarantino movie, where nobody dies, nobody uses a gun, etc. It is so easy for Quentin Tarantino to make a violent movie -- I would just for once like to see what he could do with a movie that features no violence.

WARNING: "The Hateful Eight" spoilers below
In The Hateful Eight, EVERYONE DIES! Everyone. Boring.

And yes, I am so sick of him doing westerns. Enough already! I mean, Django Unchained was enough for me.

It's official!! The Hateful Eight is a GO!

"In a black cowboy hat and western shirt, the director introduced in order of appearance “the Tarantino Superstars,” all alums of his previous films: Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren, James Parks as the driver O.B., Kurt Russell as bounty hunter John Ruth also known as “The Hangman,” Amber Tamblyn as his prisoner Daisy Domergue, Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, Denis Menochet as the Frenchman Bob, Tim Roth as the Englishman Oswaldo Mobray, Michael Madsen as John Gage, Bruce Dern as Confederate General Smithers, Dana Gourrier as Minnie, Zoe Bell as Six Horse Judy and James Remar as Jody"

"We’ve been rehearsing for the last three days, we’re OK, we’re not bad" ~ Quentin Tarantino, April 20, 2014

Here's the complete article:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/qu...ng-1201159915/

It's official!! The Hateful Eight is a GO!

"In a black cowboy hat and western shirt, the director introduced in order of appearance “the Tarantino Superstars,” all alums of his previous films: Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren, James Parks as the driver O.B., Kurt Russell as bounty hunter John Ruth also known as “The Hangman,” Amber Tamblyn as his prisoner Daisy Domergue, Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, Denis Menochet as the Frenchman Bob, Tim Roth as the Englishman Oswaldo Mobray, Michael Madsen as John Gage, Bruce Dern as Confederate General Smithers, Dana Gourrier as Minnie, Zoe Bell as Six Horse Judy and James Remar as Jody"

"We’ve been rehearsing for the last three days, we’re OK, we’re not bad" ~ Quentin Tarantino, April 20, 2014

Here's the complete article:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/qu...ng-1201159915/
Yayyyyy!

I am.

What I saw of the script didn't excite me and that cast doesn't excite me, either. And this whole thing with the film almost not being made seems kinda like a publicity stunt or something, even if it isn't. Movie might turn out to be great, but right now, I'm not excited for it.