Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Lone Survivor (2013) -

If you like war films, then you'll love this. Tense, gripping, top notch action sequences, assured direction, and it looks pretty realistic. Compared to some of Marky Mark's other recent films, his performance here is Oscar-worthy.

That's WAY too low.
I'd give it the same rating. It's decent but nothing more. Woody's stuff from the 80s is a lot better, and even he himself wasn't content with the movie iirc.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Lone Survivor (2013) -

If you like war films, then you'll love this. Tense, gripping, top notch action sequences, assured direction, and it looks pretty realistic. Compared to some of Marky Mark's other recent films, his performance here is Oscar-worthy.
Yeah I give it the exact same rating. It is heavy-handed, but I think it's very engaging and thrilling,especially in the film's second half when the bullets start to fly. Not in my top 10 of 2013, but I enjoyed watching it.

it was pretty good. It showed how much a simple race can be an obsession for someone.

I'd give it the same rating. It's decent but nothing more. Woody's stuff from the 80s is a lot better, and even he himself wasn't content with the movie iirc.
It's one of his most beautiful and strongest films, in my opinion (the beginning and the ending are absolutely FANTASTIC).
He became insecure after making it, because he thought he had gone too far and made something that was too pretentious and he started to hate it for that. He often says in interviews that he still doesn't know how he got away with it.
I think it was the humanly irrational and delightfully neurotic core that saved this movie and lifted it up from something overly pretentious to something meaningful.

Many have called it a masterpiece and I totally agree. It also gets better and better with each rewatch. I would say it's much more than a decent film. It's a special film and above all a daring and highly original one, in my opinion.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name

9/10 Engaging, funny, quirky, endearing, though I'm not sure it would've pulled things off if it was filmed in color.

Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas 4.8/5. The animation is incredible and the story and character interaction are likable as well, but there are a few too many character types that were getting old even when the movie was made.

Watchmen-SPOILER ALERT!

Dr is a bit boring i must admit ,don't tell me you didn't want to punch him.

VERDICT-8.5-10
Great review. I actually think Dr. Manhattan is my favourite character in this, though. I just love the concept of a God-like entity in a movie. He has some of the best lines IMO, very thought-provoking. I even used one of his quotes as my signature for a little while.

She bursts into angry tears, asking if it's because she's getting older. It's true. She's aging more noticeably every day - while I am standing still. I prefer the stillness here. I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.

Something like that.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Great review. I actually think Dr. Manhattan is my favourite character in this, though. I just love the concept of a God-like entity in a movie. He has some of the best lines IMO, very thought-provoking. I even used one of his quotes as my signature for a little while.

She bursts into angry tears, asking if it's because she's getting older. It's true. She's aging more noticeably every day - while I am standing still. I prefer the stillness here. I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.

Something like that.
Yea,I know what do you mean,yea if you have whole time and space in your head it makes you into that...Don't take me wrong ,he is well made character,good dialog...Just eh Rorschach is more human so maybe that is why i find him better,he is reacting like a human he wanted to do right things.When we are talking about quotes "I'm not locked in here with you,you are locked in here with me" ...

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

The Cranes Are Flying (1957)

A stunningly photographed anti-war piece from a time where art was notoriously suppressed. This is a both dismal yet underlyingly optimistic film that examines the ghastly ramifications of war, and how it affects those who don't fight in it just as much as those that do. Technically adept and also masterly edited (and I mean masterfully), the film unfortunately suffers from some uneven writing, as its ending, whilst being poignant, felt a bit too contrived in its buoyancy. Its themes are nothing new, and that is noticeable in its final act. It honestly could have done without it, if only to further serve the tragic and fitting dark undercurrent the film provided for most of its entirety. All that aside, this is a very moving film, with some of the best cinematography Soviet cinema has ever spawned, perhaps challenging that of the works of the great Andrei Tarkovsky. A 7.5 seems fitting here.

Yea,I know what do you mean,yea if you have whole time and space in your head it makes you into that...Don't take me wrong ,he is well made character,good dialog...Just eh Rorschach is more human so maybe that is why i find him better,he is reacting like a human he wanted to do right things.When we are talking about quotes "I'm not locked in here with you,you are locked in here with me" ...
Yeah, Rorschach is a fantastic character.

Blue Jasmine (2013) -

Typical Woody Allen. I loved the subtle humor in this film. It is darkly comic, but also an intricate character study. Cate Blanchett delivers what just might be my favorite performance by an actress this year. The other actresses who will compete in the Best Actress category at the Oscars simply haven't got a chance.

Let the night air cool you off
I Drink Your Blood 5.5/10

I think I like the idea of grindhouse more than I like the actual movies.
Have you tried any giallos? If not, I highly recommend Suspiria.

8 heads in a Duffel bag, 4.5/5. Some of the actors weren't that great but man is it funny, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't tend to like comedy. I love the part where the gangster character is breaking picture frames with this gun and then grabs one and starts smashing it against the stairwell. Something about that really made me laugh. The blind maid was pretty funny as well. I highly suggest anyone who likes comedy to watch it.

Let the night air cool you off
Everybody on the Her bandwagon needs to scoot over so I can join in. ScarJo needs some kind of award for her performance. I rate this very good out of very good.