B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

Night of the Creeps

This is one of those B flicks I really should have seen back in the day and pretty sure I would have fully enjoyed it at the time.
Not to say I didn't at this late stage, I really did. The sarcasm, the pithy side remarks, especially by the real star of the show, the burnt out detective still broken up from seeing his slaughtered girlfriend with some of the best lines of the film. "Thrill me." Classic.
There was a lot of funny scenes and spoofing of 50s horror films as well as horror films in general. Hell, even the alien ship in the beginning looked pretty snazzy.
I think my one and only complaint in this movie is Chris. To be honest, Cynthia would have done better with JC in my opinion, but that's a very minor nitpick for a very fun and enjoyable flick.
Even though this isn't my nom, I'm glad to see it getting some nice feedback. It's a near and dear film to me!

Cynthia Cronenberg..haha. Oh man. Probably not as obvious back then, hard to say, though.

I had me some fun making the movie title, as I couldn't do much with the screenshot from the film. Unfortunately that's how the movie's video quality looked...but I didn't mind, as it was a fun movie with wacked out red neck characters that according to IMDB are suppose to be 'inbred'...Oh my! talk about NOT being PC

Still the redneck poachers were smarter than the city boy hunters who put the dumb back into dumb-ass. These would be hunters make every mistake in the book, which I thought was a hoot!

Hunter's Blood was like The Dukes of Hazard copulated with Deliverance and had a baster movie child!...Our hunters are being stalked by people with IQs the equivalent of their boot size, and yet the hunters keep forgetting one simply rule, they're carry guns! I had to laugh when the rednecks first attack them in their camp and start kicking ass....only the rednecks came unarmed while the city boys have guns...but must have forgotten how to use them! That was hilarious and that's why I liked the film, it's good ole crazy B movie fun.

I had a good time pausing the video and commenting on just how stupid the on screen actions were. Joey Travolta is told to take off his orange vest so he's not easily spotted, good idea! BUT...the big guy has on a bright red shirt with an even brighter blue vest, does he take that off? Nope! he doesn't mind be an easy target, ha.

The fun of this B movie is watching dumb asses get killed instead of the deer!

@Joel No comment on my review? I liked your movie, it was a fun watch.
And anither thank YOUUUU to CR for propping up mah nom, ah said uh!

I gotta get Spaced Invaders watched very soon, as well as Dragon Lives Again because @TYTDhooked this brother up with 2 monster reviews on my reccs and aside from my obligation to watch this film, I owe him an in depth thesis on that movie!

The Child

Ok, this was a solid example of a B-movie, straight from the anal regions of an abandoned drive-in theatre. First off, the music was so annoying and strange, the wackiest, most abrasive damn noises play when nothing remotely creepy was on-screen. The acting was, uh, not good ("You killed my mother" Wow you sound really angry about it). The blood looks like paint and the ending really, really tries to stretch its ending past a reasonable limit.

It did have some cool shots though, like the lady reading the book.

I'm glad this one was lost to history.

-

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
I gotta get Spaced Invaders watched very soon, as well as Dragon Lives Again because @TYTDhooked this brother up with 2 monster reviews on my reccs and aside from my obligation to watch this film, I owe him an in depth thesis on that movie!

Oh I very much look forward to reading what you think of it man to be honest I feel I kind of owe you at least a couple of good movies considering you've introduced me to 2 new firm favourites of mine!

The Child

Ok, this was a solid example of a B-movie, straight from the anal regions of an abandoned drive-in theatre. First off, the music was so annoying and strange, the wackiest, most abrasive damn noises play when nothing remotely creepy was on-screen. The acting was, uh, not good ("You killed my mother" Wow you sound really angry about it). The blood looks like paint and the ending really, really tries to stretch its ending past a reasonable limit.

It did have some cool shots though, like the lady reading the book.

I'm glad this one was lost to history.

-
LMAO! That flush at the end of your review...I literally heard you flush the toilet and jiggle the handle real quick and assertively before exiting the area.

From tomorrow night, I'll try and watch one nom a day. I feel pretty bad about neglecting this.
You'll be fine, just like I will be. I got a few left, myself. Like a band aid, except, make the band aid orgasmic so you can be open to enjoy it ripping off really fast, in slow motion.

This was actually a very entertaining watch! This is the type of film I could imagine watching while behind the counter at a VHS store. A couple of generic upstanding citizens of America face off against the EVILLL! hillbillies. I enjoyed all of the dialogue before crap went down. The music was good. The blood may have looked cheap but that didn't stop me from lovin' all the shootin' (That one effect of the guys face blown off, holy crap!) I find it really funny how they condemn the hillbillies for hunting even though they're doing THE EXACT SAME THING!

That shot at the end with the dude in the water looked very cool. The sequel-bate ending kinda annoyed me though: I just wanted a happy, satisfying conclusion for the film, I doubt people are rallying in the streets for a sequel to Hunter's Blood. Also maybe it hasn't aged well politically: Like, holy s*it, he just randomly puts his hand down the woman's' shirt? Was that even ok back then?! I saw Joel's post where he said he wanted a 4K remaster of this film? But I think most of the charm of the film relies on it's VHS quality and overall B movie-ness.

Good film @Joel

Speaking of B Movies and what I should had and was one of my choices... Im watching..

The Beastmaster (1982)

For me this was a mixed bag, I admire the production values, makeup, and attempt at an epic storyline. I didn't care for the fight choreography, ancillary characters or the entire second act. I think the film would have worked better as just an origin story and not gone for the epic war at the end even though it was likely the best part only because it felt rushed and silly.

Beastmaster is the story of a young prince who is saved by a kindly farmer when a warlord decides he must die. The story then moves 20 years into the future the Beastmaster's surrogate family is slaughtered and he rebuilds a smaller group to get more revenge against the warlord/wizard.

I'm not sure how to rank this because with a 9 million dollar budget in 1982 that seems a little high for a "B-Movie", this film cost more than The Terminator and about the same as The Thing.

@Joel

Is @mattiasflgrtll6 in this or not because I'm about finished with this Hall and I have to decide if I'm going to watch Attack of the Killer Tomatos or just submit a list and if this poster finishes I'll watch it and resubmit.

The Child (1977)

A visually fine horror film that fails in every single other aspect of horror and film-making. It's the story of a woman who is taken in to be basically a governess for an isolated and strange little girl. Weird things occur around the girl and people die.

I was shocked so many of you gave this a decent review the score and soundtrack make the film borderline experimental as it completely overpowers and ruins any suspense or tension. The story is completely predictable, the acting is wooden half the film is the third act climax

I'd also go so far as to call the film misogynistic as the heroine who we were led to believe is the antagonist spends this second half third act climax scene running, crying, and panicking.

Jack Frost(1997) is the story of a homicidal maniac who thanks to an accident becomes a homicidal snowman. The homicidal snowman then proceeds to murder the residents of a small town because he can.

I found quite a bit to like about this film, it has a decent look and the concept works for the most part. The movie feels a bit like an 80's sci-fi horror throwback like Gremlins and Critters where the humans are given a sense of humor and that part of the film I enjoyed a bit. What sinks Jack Frost for me as a film is the actual character of Jack Frost is this Robin Williams meets Freddy Kruegar/Chucky model of villain. He just throws out a massive series of bad joke after bad joke and it kept me from really enjoying this film. I think it would have been better if Jack Frost gave us sight gags and then the humans gave us the jokes.

But really at the end of the day this was solid, it worked well for what it was and it felt like a B-Movie.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Child

I think, ideally, I will step out of a review of the movie and simply express that this IS, very much a @pahaK film. For equally good and bad for the films, I have seen so far from his fun and intriguing participation in these HoFs. Following a theme and a kind of awkward uneasiness to his nominations. The exception, for me, is Poison For the Fairies which really hit the intended marks quite nicely. This one, The Child, follows the clunky, difficult watch of bad acting and even stranger music soundtrack.
Though, being a pahaK nom, it is important to move past the awkward and delve deeper to find the sparks beneath the surface.
Which, I must confess, WAS a bit of a chore to attempt and even harder, having seen it, write about.

Still, I continue to feel that a nom by pahaK is a sojourn I will continue to delve through.

Mattlgrlt16 pmd me and said his laptops been in the shop for months so.. since thats all ive heard from him after numerous mentions, i think its safe to say he is out and his nom disqualified, unless he actually puts dialog in here

@Joel

Is @mattiasflgrtll6 in this or not because I'm about finished with this Hall and I have to decide if I'm going to watch Attack of the Killer Tomatos or just submit a list and if this poster finishes I'll watch it and resubmit.

The Child (1977)

A visually fine horror film that fails in every single other aspect of horror and film-making. It's the story of a woman who is taken in to be basically a governess for an isolated and strange little girl. Weird things occur around the girl and people die.

I was shocked so many of you gave this a decent review the score and soundtrack make the film borderline experimental as it completely overpowers and ruins any suspense or tension. The story is completely predictable, the acting is wooden half the film is the third act climax

I'd also go so far as to call the film misogynistic as the heroine who we were led to believe is the antagonist spends this second half third act climax scene running, crying, and panicking.
I believe he is disqualified unless he responds very soon on a status.

Which reminds me, a few more to finish myself, does nov 22 work for everyone?