B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

I'd say the stand out was Pavel (Anton Diffring) the man in the control room. I've seen him in many different films. I could have swore he was an enemy agent in a Bond film once, but after looking up I see he never did a 007 film.

Yeah I thought he was Charles Grey from You Only Live Twice, Diamonds are Forever

and this is Anton...

I had me some fun making the movie title, as I couldn't do much with the screenshot from the film. Unfortunately that's how the movie's video quality looked...but I didn't mind, as it was a fun movie with wacked out red neck characters that according to IMDB are suppose to be 'inbred'...Oh my! talk about NOT being PC

Still the redneck poachers were smarter than the city boy hunters who put the dumb back into dumb-ass. These would be hunters make every mistake in the book, which I thought was a hoot!

Hunter's Blood was like The Dukes of Hazard copulated with Deliverance and had a baster movie child!...Our hunters are being stalked by people with IQs the equivalent of their boot size, and yet the hunters keep forgetting one simply rule, they're carry guns! I had to laugh when the rednecks first attack them in their camp and start kicking ass....only the rednecks came unarmed while the city boys have guns...but must have forgotten how to use them! That was hilarious and that's why I liked the film, it's good ole crazy B movie fun.

I had a good time pausing the video and commenting on just how stupid the on screen actions were. Joey Travolta is told to take off his orange vest so he's not easily spotted, good idea! BUT...the big guy has on a bright red shirt with an even brighter blue vest, does he take that off? Nope! he doesn't mind be an easy target, ha.

The fun of this B movie is watching dumb asses get killed instead of the deer!

@Joel No comment on my review? I liked your movie, it was a fun watch.
Hey man, sorry at work. When im home is when i get dow n dirty lol

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
@TYTD...your reviews are top notch, as usual! I am a little sad you didn't like Hunter's Blood very much, I thought for sure you'd dig the lengthy build up of characters into the eventual bloodbath. It's rare I see solid acting and decent humor in a b picture of this type. But hey, to each their own..two out of 3 ain't bad, ha!

I felt so bad about it man! I really wanted to like it as well because it sounded so cool as a premise...it was really just the pacing of the first 2 acts that did it for me...if the movie had had the pace of the 3rd act or or had maybe had a little bit more in that first half hour - 40 minutes I think i'd have been more invested. You'll have to recommend me another one so that we're on an even keel

@TYTD glad you enjoyed The Child. Oh, and very nice video reviews - I like them being short and not overly analytical.

Hey thank you so much for sharing it! I'd never seen Harry novaks work before and I was totally blown away by it! it's a shame he's mainly known for his "Adult" films really...

@TYTD enjoyed that. Very nice.

THAT was very, VERY f@ckin cool!
Enjoyed that IMMENSELY

Thanks so much for the kind words you guys! Im glad you lot liked this one! I'll have another one with the final 6 up hopefully by the first week of November I'd have done them sooner but I have my halloween specials starting from next week and I didnt want to get it all mixed up and lost in the season

Hey thank you so much for sharing it! I'd never seen Harry novaks work before and I was totally blown away by it! it's a shame he's mainly known for his "Adult" films really...
As you seem someone who likes good B-movies let me recommend you another B-favorite of mine that's kinda similar to The Child, Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural. Had hard time choosing which to nominate for this.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
As you seem someone who likes good B-movies let me recommend you another B-favorite of mine that's kinda similar to The Child, Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural. Had hard time choosing which to nominate for this.

Hey thanks so much for the recommendation...I have the weirdest feeling I may have that film on VHS sat at the bottom of a trunk full of tapes I won in an auction about 6-7 months ago (I know that sounds oddly specific but the cover on IMDB seems to be ringing bells from when I went through the trunk to make sure all the tapes were there...I may well have a dig and see if it is in there because that movie looks RIGHT up my street! cheers again!

so I have 5 left.. can someone just recommend me one to watch today?

The Beast Must Die
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Jack Frost
Spaced Invaders
The Dragon Lives Again..

so I have 5 left.. can someone just recommend me one to watch today?

The Beast Must Die
Jack Frost
Spaced Invaders
The Dragon Lives Again..
Spaced Invaders....it has a fun 80s vibe and doesn't take itself serious.

Let me sum up the entire situation in a nutshell: there are five of us, and four billion of them. They have Strategic Air Command, nuclear-powered submarines, and John Wayne.

Im going to keep my list updated.. if its bolded... I have seen it...

The Child
Space Invaders
The Burning
The Beast Must Die
Cherry 2000
Hunter's Blood

Jack Frost
The Dragon Lives Again
The BeastMaster
The Editor
Night of the Creeps
Can someone recommend my next watch?

@Citizen Rules already had a turn....

Jack Frost (1997)

At first the comic bits from the town's people were funny and I laughed at the jokes. In the first part of the film there was some clever stuff: Like when the Sheriff gets to work and throws that oatmeal crap that his son had made into the trash...and then, we hear his son's voice in his head "you said you would eat that later"...so dad picks up the gooey crap and puts it into his pocket...funny stuff. And when they find the first victim in the rocking chair and the chair is rocking back and forth, back and forth...then at the end of the scene the Sheriff tells his deputy "you can take your foot off the rocking chair now." Ha, that was clever.

But when Jack Frost comes back as the snowman and starts killing, the film got boring for me. I don't care about body counts and grisly ways to kill people...and that's what the second half of the film was about. Even worse was the inane one liners spit out by the snowman...ugh. I didn't find any of his jokes funny but they did grate on my nerves.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	81GAVfEjoIL._SX466_.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	48413  

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Spaced Invaders

B-Movie - Rating

I saw this movie when I was a kid, probably because my dad wanted to watch it. All I remember from that time was the kid dressed as a duck and the one martian with aviators and a pilot jacket. The rest is a blur. So it was really fun to revisit this comedy.

Small towns man. There is a part of me that always wanted to live in a small town where everyone knows everyone, there is something personal, important and quaint about it. Then I remember that I wouldn't be able to do half the things I love doing and need to do when you live in a big city. So it's a mixed bag. I enjoy films that depict life in these small towns though, it gives you a sense of more character for these people and Spaced Invaders manages to do this with the townsfolk.

The voice acting not matching up with the mouth movements of the aliens was comical to me. The bad Jack Nicholson impression made me laugh. This film is fun lighthearted entertainment.

The make-up, animatronic work on the aliens didn't bother me and added to the comedy aspect the film wanted to hit. Each one with a personality that made them identifiable. Spaced Invaders is a forgettable film, but one that I am happy I was able to revisit and enjoy.

Suspect's Reviews

Spaced Invaders
...Small towns man...I enjoy films that depict life in these small towns though, it gives you a sense of more character for these people and Spaced Invaders manages to do this with the townsfolk.
I love films set in small towns too. They just have more personalty, and that was one thing that did work for me in both Spaced Invaders and Jack Frost.

Another new one for me and sadly also another parody (or "parody").

The Editor (2014)

I like gialli and I suppose the makers of The Editor do as well. At least I can't figure out any other reason to make this tribute. Unfortunately these people were feeling insecure about their abilities and instead of making a proper movie they decided to go the intentionally bad joke of a movie route. I don't bother describing the plot because it doesn't make any sense so let's just settle with it being a murder mystery.

I personally hate it when the tribute films copy the technical issues from their idols. Gialli aren't good because of bad dubbing and occasionally bad acting so it's totally pointless to pay tribute to these features. There are visually nice scenes in the film but again why straight up copy some scenes from the old films (like the dog bringing back the hand from The New York Ripper)?

Everything in this reeks of fear; fear of failure and fear of being criticized. To avoid these "issues" the makers didn't even try. What makes this even worse is that there's some clear talent in this film (unlike for example Jack Frost). When it tries it looks pretty good (though it probably helps that it copies so much) and the effects are fine.

Pretty much the kind of B-movie I hate. Half popcorn extra for some nice visuals, occasionally good soundtrack and good special effects.

Just to clarify I don't automatically hate a film because it's a comedy but I'm almost guaranteed to hate it if I don't think people have put some serious effort into it.

I had me some fun making the movie title, as I couldn't do much with the screenshot from the film.
Hunter's Blood was like The Dukes of Hazard copulated with Deliverance and had a baster movie child!...

it's good ole crazy B movie fun.

Joey Travolta is told to take off his orange vest so he's not easily spotted, good idea! BUT...the big guy has on a bright red shirt with an even brighter blue vest, does he take that off? Nope! he doesn't mind be an easy target, ha.

The fun of this B movie is watching dumb asses get killed instead of the deer!

@Joel No comment on my review? I liked your movie, it was a fun watch.
That's great that you enjoyed Hunter's Blood, Citizen! It never even occured to me that big red had on a blue and red ensemble, haha! Doh!

A little trivia..we already know that the goofy guy is John Travolta's brother Joey (he was funny in Amazon Women on the Moon), but did you know that Billy Bob Thornton was one of the rednecks on the pickup truck during the first act's chase through the woods? Also, the big fat longish haired fella was in Sling Blade with Billy Bob as the drummer of his crappy porch band. He's a drummer in real life, and a damn fine one, too. So is Billy Bob. They're friends.

And nother nugget..the weird guy who kept saying "Purly"..ohhh purly"..that's Bruce Glover, Crispin Glover's father. He played the Electrified Man in Popcorn (the film within the film segment).

The lead hero is not alive anymore, he died of a brain tumor.

However, Clu Gulager is, which is pretty cool. Clu was so good in Return of the Living Dead.

Citizen, we're brothers in "arms(lol)" for these Corman productions. I knew I liked ya for a reason!