B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
no its Marc Singer..

By the way, I met him at the WizardWorld ComicCon in Chicago years ago and he was a money-grubbing Jerk!

I haven't met Marc Singer, but I know some people who have, and most of them said that he's not a nice person.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There used to be a TV show about the Phoenix.. a man who was a human form of the fire bird that never dies... that continues to rise above the ashes...

but come to find out.. it wasn't him..It was played by Judson Scott.. which looks very much like he could be Marc Singer's brother..

He actually played in The Wrath of Khan....

Did you know that Judson Scott was actually uncredited in The Wrath of Khan because his agent told him to "waive credit" to try to get him a better deal, but at the time, he didn't know what that meant, so he agreed to it?

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I haven't met Marc Singer, but I know some people who have, and most of them said that he's not a nice person.
should try to rewatch that and see how it holds up.

Cherry 2000 is another serious B Movie (YAY I wasn't the only one), it tells the story of a man in 2017 America who short circuits his sex robot, he managed the save the software but he needs new hardware(no this is a serious movie). He finds a tracker(Melanie Griffith) who will take him into the forbidden zone to find a replacement sex robot where they run into a 50's inspired self help cut(no this is a serious movie) which tries to recruit him.

The film takes it's inspirations from Indiana Jones, Mad Max, and mostly A Boy and his Dog creating a fully realized future world with a series of action set pieces. Really the only qualm I had with the film is Griffith acts too much like Indiana Jones in this, the quipping just got really tiresome at a certain point. The star of the film is Lester the badguy who runs this weird cult of self improvement and murder. The film also has a seemingly high level of production values, you have these huge sets in the desert which makes it stand out from other films of this era.

Yet another I saw as a kid. Didn't remember much but I think I wasn't that fond of it back then.

No major spoilers, I think.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978)

For a change a comedy that manages to be funny and despite of it being an obvious B-movie it feels like some effort has been put to the script.

"This is Sam Smith. He's our undercover expert. He's only disguised as Adolf Hitler."

Due to experiments aiming at bigger tomatoes the red vegetables turn predators hungry for human flesh. In order to cover up the government involvement an incompetent team is set to investigate the phenomenon. But red death spread across the country and whole humanity is at risk.

The plot is obviously insane and using squishy vegetables as the enemy sets the tone for the whole movie. There's quite a bit similarities with Abrahams and Zucker films (I was genuinely surprised that Airplane! was made couple of years after this) but writing isn't as consistent as in them. It's also sad to realize that this couldn't be done anymore because some of its jokes would offend the "trigger-happy" people.

The film is a parody of both scifi films and USA. In a way it's similar to Mr. Freedom I watched a while ago but unlike that Attack of the Killer Tomatoes never feels like it's preaching. It mocks mostly the same things but it doesn't pretend to have a viable alternative to offer (like communism in Mr. Freedom). It wants the viewer to laugh and maybe to think, not to obey.

About half of the film is good and the other half ranges from bad to OK. Some of the jokes made me laugh out loud which is always good. With little more work on the script this could have been great but now there's too much fluff between the great moments. Almost good film.

Great nomination. Most likely wouldn't have rewatched it otherwise.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Is Joel not coming back? All his images are dead links now.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Is Joel not coming back? All his images are dead links now.

He's gone for a week or so thanks to a banning
I know he’s temp banned. Just wondering as pahaK said; why his images are gone.

I know he’s temp banned. Just wondering as pahaK said; why his images are gone.
@Citizen Rules and I hope he didn't give up altogether and quit the forum.

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
Yes, but doesn't really explain why all the images on imgur are gone.

It could be a side effect of the ban, I suppose it's a quick way to kill image spammers would be to block them and kill any links from them....though that wouldnt explain why the youtube embeds are still standing...I dunno

I'd seen the missing pics a few days ago, I don't think that's a result of a temp ban. Joel's temp ban will be over on Monday, so hopefully he pops in and let's us know what's up. No worries, this HoF will go on!

I feel I can't continue watching until I'll written up the two I've watched so far. Just haven't had the time to do that yet. I'll give that a stab tomorrow.

I feel I can't continue watching until I'll written up the two I've watched so far. Just haven't had the time to do that yet. I'll give that a stab tomorrow.
Stream of consciousnesses and screw the syntax! Try that as a writing style, it's fast and easy.

There is something about these movies.. I cant sit and watch a full one .. I usually have to break it up to two days..

I can watch them without a problem, unless they're the wrong kind of B-movie for me. For me the hold-up comes in the having to write about them. I always hated homework...

Stream of consciousnesses and screw the syntax! Try that as a writing style, it's fast and easy.
That sounds more like my commentaries.

Nah, it's definitely the homework aspect that makes me never want to do HoFs (as well as having to watch specific films within a certain time period - not good at that...). As soon as there's any kind of "must" something in me just switches off.

That sounds more like my commentaries.

Nah, it's definitely the homework aspect that makes me never want to do HoFs. As soon as there's any kind of "must" something in me just switches off.
There's no homework Cat, you are free!

Try doing a quickie commentary on the films you watched, like you were telling a friend about it. No big deal, nothing formal, just talk...That's the bestest kind of movie write up for me to read, cause they're the most fun

There's no homework Cat, you are free!

Try doing a quickie commentary on the films you watched, like you were telling a friend about it. No big deal, nothing formal, just talk...That's the bestest kind of movie write up for me to read, cause they're the most fun
Well some of the B's deserve a little more than that. At least if I have any feelings for them, they should (in my book at least).

And I can't really go on without paying the first two I've watched some verbal attention. Backups can put me off sometimes.