The MoFo Top 100 of the Forties: The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Black Narcissus was the very last film I cut from my list so effectively my #26! Glad to see it made it without my help!

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
~78~

Director: Irving Rapper
Producer: Hal B. Wallis
Distributor: Warner Bros.

53 Points - 4 Lists
(7th; 12; 16th-2x)

~77~

Director: John Huston
Producer: Jerry Wald
Distributor: Warner Bros.

54 Points - 6 Lists
(7th; 16th; 17th; 19th; 21st; 22nd)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Key Largo was 16th on my list! A lovely film with great mood, scary Robinson, sexy Bacall and badass Boggie. What's not to love?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ooh, that's the closest we've gotten to a film from my list so far. Key Largo was hovering near the bottom of my list for a while, but ended up as a last-minute cut. I'm glad to see it made the MoFo list nonetheless.

Thought Now, Voyager was just okay and haven't seen Key Largo.
I am somewhat obsessed with Now, Voyager. There are parts of that movie that I just want to squeal over because I love them so much.
Speaking of which, @edarsenal, did you notice what photo I used for the countdown? This, of course, happens right after one of my all-time favorite moments in any movie ever. He knows what it is.

Anyway, I had 3 movies that I worried whether they'd make it or not. Now, Voyager was one of them. This made me very happy when I discovered its placement in the countdown.

I had it at #7, by the way.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Thought Now, Voyager was just okay and haven't seen Key Largo.
I think Key Largo just may be up your alley, Camo. You may want to check it out sometime.

Now, Voyager is one I have to thank @SilentVamp for and one I really loved seeing and talking about with SV. Bette Davis is just frickin divine in this and I had it at #16.

Key Largo is an old time favorite and the only reason it knocked off was that I was already a bit Bogart heavy on the list and already had a Bogie Bacall film on the list. But trust me, it was a VERY difficult one to take off the list.

Seen: 13/24

My List:
#16 Now, Voyager
#18 Waterloo Bridge
#25 Arch of Time 1 Pointer

I am somewhat obsessed with Now, Voyager. There are parts of that movie that I just want to squeal over because I love them so much.
Speaking of which, @edarsenal, did you notice what photo I used for the countdown? This, of course, happens right after one of my all-time favorite moments in any movie ever. He knows what it is.
It's one of my mum's favourites too. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, i just never got that into it for whatever reason.

Anyway, I had 3 movies that I worried whether they'd make it or not. Now, Voyager was one of them. This made me very happy when I discovered its placement in the countdown.

I had it at #7, by the way.
I almost expected to see the actual scene itself when I scrolled and saw the title

Double woohoo! both of those were on my list yeah...

#16 Now, Voyager
#22 Key Largo

I could have filled my entire list up with just: Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart and Edward G Robinson films! But I didn't... What can I say those are two fine films.

Key Largo is a fun adventure flick but inferior to some of the other Bogart&Bacall pairings.

I almost expected to see the actual scene itself when I scrolled and saw the title
Oh, I would've loved to have posted the scene , but if I did that, then it would ruin that scene for anyone else who saw the film (well, for anyone who actually realized what had happened - if they would've caught onto it when it happened - I think it is so subtle that it can be easily missed - which is why I went back and watched it twice to see if it was what I really saw ).

Oh, I would've loved to have posted the scene , but if I did that, then it would ruin that scene for anyone else who saw the film (well, for anyone who actually realized what had happened - if they would've caught onto it when it happened - I think it is so subtle that it can be easily missed - which is why I went back and watched it twice to see if it was what I really saw ).
I was thinking the same for why you didn't and having the following moment works beautifully for those of us who have seen it

Does anyone else think that Bacall was pretty forgettable in Key Largo ? I know that's pretty hard for an actress with such screen presence, but she really didn't have much too work with and was easily overshadowed by a trio of Bogart&Robinson&Trevor. I'm mentioning this because I remember being dissapointed by how underused she was in the film.

Also, Now Voyager is a film I should probably watch soon.

Does anyone else think that Bacall was pretty forgettable in Key Largo ? I know that's pretty hard for an actress with such screen presence, but she really didn't have much too work with and was easily overshadowed by a trio of Bogart&Robinson&Trevor. I'm mentioning this because I remember being dissapointed by how underused she was in the film.

Also, Now Voyager is a film I should probably watch soon.
I think it had to do with the character she played who was simply the opposite of her usual firecracker persona. I would often wonder if they simply had her character step down since there were already so many alpha characters running about. But yeah, they gave Bacall the short stick on what she had to work with.
Still, a great film, though.

And yeah, I do believe you would enjoy Now, Voyager, Jeff.

Key Largo is the first movie from my list; I had it at #21. Bogie and Eddie G at the top of their games and going head to head could carry any movie a long way.

I wanted to love Now Voyager but struggled to get into it. I have no complaints about it and would expect my feelings to change the next time I watch it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Now, Voyager is the ultimate Bette Davis romance/mommy rebellion movie with a lush Max Steiner score. Although it's almost 70 years old. Key Largo may be more topical than ever after hurricane Irma. Jay Silverheels (Tonto) plays one of the unfortunate Osceola Brothers. and Bogie and Edward G. battle it out with both their guns and toupes. Both good entertainment but not on my list.