(8th; 9th)

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
~97~

Director: Tex Avery
Producer: Fred Quimby
Distributor: MGM

35 Points - 2 Lists
(7th; 10th)

The Letter was also on my short list, and I had a real hard time deciding not to include it. It's one of my favorite Bette Davis films, and she has a lot of great movies to her name!

The Letter
has great atmosphere being set on a tropical location, if memory serves me it was a rubber plantation on a South Pacific island (I'm to lazy to look it up)...Great character study type film. Very cool that a few MoFos included it on their list

I don't actually wear pants.

Buck Privates Come Home

(Charles Barton, 1947) This one has to be GBGs, she's the only person on the site that likes Abbot and Costello. As far as I know and I'm pretty sure I remember her saying she was a fan of their movies.
[b][size=4]

[/font]
That was me, actually. I love their movies, too.

Still need to see The Letter. Wyler is usually pretty darn good.
I always say that Wyler is probably one of the most (if not the most) underrated directors ever. He is, quite possibly, in the Top 3 of my all-time favorites. I wouldn't hesitate placing him at number one, to be honest.

The Letter. Very, very good film. I think @seanc and @cricket might like it, too.

I think this is one Bette Davis' best films. It is one that I strongly considered for my list, but I gave the spot up for a different Bette Davis picture.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
um, yeah, it was AROUND that time near the Bridge of Mild Success

I know, I know, me doofus

The Letter was also on my short list, and I had a real hard time deciding not to include it. It's one of my favorite Bette Davis films, and she has a lot of great movies to her name!

The Letter
has great atmosphere being set on a tropical location, if memory serves me it was a rubber plantation on a South Pacific island (I'm to lazy to look it up)...Great character study type film. Very cool that a few MoFos included it on their list
Isn't this one of her best "bad" characters that she portrayed? I love it.

...I think this is one Bette Davis' best films. It is one that I strongly considered for my list, but I gave the spot up for a different Bette Davis picture.
I have one Bette Davis movie on my list. I could have had 10 of hers.

Isn't this one of her best "bad" characters that she portrayed? I love it.
Oh, that's a tough one, as she played lots of different types of bad. Buy yeah The Letter is the most real bad she might have done in a role, without being evil bad...and Bette does evil bad real good too, my fav evil bad would be Jezebel.

King-Size Canary is the second from the Animated Shorts HoF. JJ nominated it and it finished fourth i think. This is what i posted:

King-Size Canary

Man this is so great. I haven't been watching Tex Avery as much as Freleng, Jones or Clampett recently i really should though. I love how quick and energetic it is; something was always happening every second, there was no breaks. I've noticed that is what Tex seemed to excel at very manic, action packed cartoons; filling out the full run-time basically. He has a very distinct style; i think i could pick out one of his cartoons over most of the classic cartoon directors which is a huge compliment. There's some really great animation mostly coming from the cats rapid movements. There's quite a few really good gags to, too many to name since it is jampacked. One i've always loved is the cat using the boxes to get into the window, he places the box in midair and it just suspends there until he has placed the other one ontop of it to get in, so so dumb and so great haha. The main idea here is pretty hilarious and fits Tex's style perfectly, escalation seems to be something he does well and that's obviously the main thing here with the tonic getting passed around and each animal becoming larger than the last. Love the final chase and somehow the anti-climatic ending really fits.

Great choice JJ, should end up high on my list. Just two left for me, think i might watch Story Corps shortly.
Not seen The Letter yet.

Oh, that's a tough one, as she played lots of different types of bad. Buy yeah The Letter is the most real bad she might have done in a role, without being evil bad...and Bette does evil bad real good too, my fav evil bad would be Jezebel.
Jezebel is a very good one. And the film itself is a film that I am already considering for the list for next year.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Letter is pretty good, need to see that again; great beginning to it.
King Size Canary I've seen in my younger daze and it was on the Animated Short HoF and I've always enjoyed Tex Avery shorts. Though I got a greater appreciation of Bob Clampett cartoons after that HoF (thanks Camo!)

Seen: 4/4

My List:
#25 Arch of Triumph 1 Pointer

Yeah, really surprised at that HoF's involvement so far. Hope the winner which along with The Cat Concerto was my nom: The Great Piggy Bank Robbery makes the list.

I watched The Letter for Wyler and Davis. It's very good but it wasn't a contender for my list.

King-Size Canary is fine but even if I saw it recently and still loved it, I don't consider voting for shorts for these countdowns.

So far now we've had 2 horror, one crime and one animated short pop up on this list.

Anybody have any sort of predictions as to what may be revealed tomorrow?