Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Bone Tomahawk

Waited too long with this. Awesome flick. Really good western, really competent horror. Loved how this movie also went against probably the most common horror trope and played out the horror in broad daylight. Kurt Russell was a bad ass and overall a great cast. What a debut feature from this guy. Excitng characters, well paced story and a grusome last act. I really enjoyed it. I'm unsure whether the slower pace will make it harder for this to work with revisits, but nevertheless, this first watch was a great time.

+
with room for improvement
I've been wanting to watch this for forever. Kurt Russell in a western horror. The worst director in the world couldn't even mess that up.

Unregistered User
Dressed to Kill (1980) -
+
No Direction Home: Bob Dylan (1986) -

The Fall of the House of Usher (1950) -

Life on the Road (2016) -

Moana (2016) -

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
One of my faves-- when I first saw The Revenant, i said, damn, Tom Hardy is trying to channel Berenger aka Platoon! Later when I read an interview, he said that's the performance he based his on!

Platoon (1986, multiple rewatch)

It's a classic. Berenger is solid. The rest of the cast is unbelievable. It's just one well known face after another. Pretty enjoyable experience, as always.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Bone Tomahawk

Waited too long with this. Awesome flick. Really good western, really competent horror. Loved how this movie also went against probably the most common horror trope and played out the horror in broad daylight. Kurt Russell was a bad ass and overall a great cast. What a debut feature from this guy. Excitng characters, well paced story and a grusome last act. I really enjoyed it. I'm unsure whether the slower pace will make it harder for this to work with revisits, but nevertheless, this first watch was a great time.

+
with room for improvement
I've been wanting to watch this for forever. Kurt Russell in a western horror. The worst director in the world couldn't even mess that up.
The horror aspects are very minimal and happen in the 3rd act of a looong film.

I really enjoyed it though.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The horror aspects are very minimal and happen in the 3rd act of a looong film.
Agreed. Is it even really horror, or just violent and primitive while dealing with the natives?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Agreed. Is it even really horror, or just violent and primitive while dealing with the natives?
Good question. We've been in horror debates before, the biggest one was whether or not to classify The Sixth Sense as horror or not (I'm in the YES column).

As for Tomahawk? The elements presented are horrific for sure. It's bloody and gross for sure. One of the most gruesome death scenes in recent cinema comes to my mind. I'd consider it horror, just maybe on the lighter side.

Suspect's Reviews

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
So I Married An Axe Murderer (1993)

A funny beat poet suspects that his new wife is a killer.

So this is Mike Meyers all the way, and if you are a fan (yes), a must-see. His beat poetry, "Woman--- Whoa! Man!" is classic iconic comedy, as is his portrayal of hero Charlie's spastic Scottish dad. Lots of fun-- guaranteed laughs. My kids thoroughly enjoyed it, despite their belief that any film before 2012 cannot possibly be funny. Proved them wrong. Now they're running around the house reciting "Harriet".

4.5 Downed Pipers out of 5. Good comedy.

I'd consider it horror, just maybe on the lighter side.
Yeah, I originally worded it as "mild horror" in my rating, but, that was due to the IMDB label. I'm still not certain if it belongs with horror.

So I Married An Axe Murderer (1993)

A funny beat poet suspects that his new wife is a killer.

So this is Mike Meyers all the way, and if you are a fan (yes), a must-see. His beat poetry, "Woman--- Whoa! Man!" is classic iconic comedy, as is his portrayal of hero Charlie's spastic Scottish dad. Lots of fun-- guaranteed laughs. My kids thoroughly enjoyed it, despite their belief that any film before 2012 cannot possibly be funny. Proved them wrong. Now they're running around the house reciting "Harriet".

4.5 Downed Pipers out of 5. Good comedy.
I still haven't watched this, I have no idea why. I'll have to get to it soon. I like Myers, it's a shame he's frequently been cast in some pretty bad stuff, as I do think he's funny. I want a comeback.

One of my faves-- when I first saw The Revenant, i said, damn, Tom Hardy is trying to channel Berenger aka Platoon! Later when I read an interview, he said that's the performance he based his on!
I thought the same thing while watching The Revenant.

Into the Woods (2014)
-

Bait-and-switch! Boring musical. Had a couple of good rhymes in it. The two princes practically serenade each other, while tearing their shirts open. Some messed-up real life concepts are introduced into these fairy tales. Kendrick, Depp and Blunt are the favourites, with Depp only visiting for a few minutes. Regrettable experience. Too long. I now understand the low ratings. Meh!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Sub is a million times better, wrong choice. I've watched it in both more than once and while the dub is decent for a Ghibli one that still isn't saying much; it's trash in comparison.

Glad you liked it though
I will DEFINITELY have to see it with subs next time around, THANKS, Camo!

a few rewatches

The Importance of Being Earnest (1952)
++ I must say I think I prefer the version with Colin Worth a little more, but still a fun watch. Lady Bracknell has GOT to be my favorite character with THE BEST LINES. Oscar Wilde must of been chuckling with joy when he wrote her lines.

The Last Samurai
Like so many Hollywood flicks, historically incorrect but a fantastic movie. I'm always completely invested every time I watch this. Huge fan of several of the Japaneses actors, especially Watanabe.

Horton Hears a Who
++ Much like The Grinch I wanted to hate this when it first came out and it is now a big favorite of mine.

The Last Samurai
Like so many Hollywood flicks, historically incorrect but a fantastic movie. I'm always completely invested every time I watch this. Huge fan of several of the Japaneses actors, especially Watanabe.
An underrated film for sure, probably because people expects a Tom Cruise movie to be silly, but not true it was fine film.

Welcome to the human race...
Manchester by the Sea -

hi I'm Kenneth Lonergan and I'm here to make you think about death and feel sad and stuff, 1-2-3-4

Manchester by the Sea

Somebody please give me that f*ckin' kleenex already!

WARNING: spoilers below
there few moments in this movie that I want mr keneth f*ckin' lonergan and co to set the bgm sound a bit low, bcoz it's distract my emotional intact on the screen.

also Lucas hedges's character, I mean, really2 steal my two f*ckin' cent. Boy on puberty
, father's just been dead, has two girlfriends, laid-laid-laid I wanna get laid uncle drive me to... wow, and his ego and teenage selfish-ity make him late to realize that his uncle was pieces of emotional abomination on the ****i'n' flesh.. not until his uncle frustatingly beaten up and then he walked tho his room and see those....
Great character - f*ck him, and f*ck his friends and girlfriends, I hate young selfish guy, dead dead

:3

definitely one of the best movie last year
2016 Resopamenic award for "Crying Like A B*tch, B*tch"

“I was cured, all right!”

I was watching this just for the naked girls!
The first 5 minutes shows a lot of what I was expecting
But this movie it's a lot more than this.
I didn't expect a good plot.
It's a good tale about loneliness and mind connections.