Mojo Filter's Top 20 Eagles Songs

Tools    

Check out and leave comments on my previous threads listing my Top 50 Male Solo Artists, Top 20 Female Solo Artists, Top 50 Bands, Top 30 Beatles Songs, Top 40 Michael Jackson Songs, Top 40 John Lennon Songs, Top 30 Phil Collins Songs, Top 40 Billy Joel Songs, Top 25 David Bowie Songs, and Top 40 Madonna Songs.

The following are my Top 20 Songs by one of the greatest rock bands of all time...

THE EAGLES

R.I.P. Glenn Frey (1948 - 2016)

20. TEQUILA SUNRISE
(1973, Desperado)

Glenn Frey co-wrote and sang lead on this classic acoustic song.

19. GET OVER IT
(1994, Hell Freezes Over)

Glenn Frey and Don Henley co-wrote this hard rock song for the Eagles' reunion concert and album Hell Freezes Over in 1994.

18. WASTED TIME
(1976, Hotel California)

Don Henley and Glenn Frey co-wrote this song in which Don sang lead. One of the most brilliantly subtle acoustic numbers the band had ever recorded.

15. VICTIM OF LOVE
(1976, Hotel California)

Don Felder wrote this cool hard rock number off of Hotel California in which Don Henley sang lead.

14. BEST OF MY LOVE
(1974, On The Border)

Glenn Frey and Don Henley wrote this classic in which Don sang lead. The song was the band's first number 1 hit song in the US.

13. HEARTACHE TONIGHT
(1979, The Long Run)

Glenn Frey and Don Henley wrote this classic in which Glenn sang lead. The song ended up being the band's last US number 1 hit.

12. LOVE WILL KEEP US ALIVE
(1994, Hell Freezes Over)

Timothy Schmit sang lead on this moving acoustic number from their reunion album Hell Freezes Over in 1994.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My Top 20

1. One of These Nights
2. New Kid In Town
3. Hotel California
4. I Can't Tell You Why
5. Witchy Woman
6. Lyin' Eyes
7. King of Hollywood
Victim of Love
Those Shoes
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Journey of the Sorcerer
Is It True?
After the Thrill Is Gone
Outlaw Man
Take It To The Limit
The Sad Cafe
I Wish You Peace
Doolin' Dalton
Bitter Creek
You Never Cry Like A Lover

9. LIFE IN THE FAST LANE
(1976, Hotel California)

Don Henley sang lead on this hard rocking classic hit that was co-written by Don, Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh, who came up with the riff.

8. I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY
(1979, The Long Run)

Timothy Schmit sang lead on this top 10 hit single that was co-written by Tim, Don Henley, and Glenn Frey.

5. TAKE IT EASY
(1972, Eagles)

Jackson Browne began writing this song but got stuck, so he handed it to his friend Glenn Frey to finish it, and the result was the opening track on the band's debut album, and one of the most popular and beloved Eagles songs of all time.