The Diet Thread

Tools    

I discovered a great way to push my back back out the way it belongs. For the first half hour, it hurt like hell doing it, but then for the next 15 minutes roughly, it wasn't so bad. By the last 15 minutes, I didn't feel a thing. I'm for sure doing that hour long trick a few times a day.

SC, don't you think the title should change? Some of us aren't on diets. We are correcting things, getting back into weights, etc . . .
Just curious.

Stretching out my spine the way I'm doing it is seriously working. My lower back hasn't hurt me since I did it for the first time two nights ago. That's kind of cool!

I'm pedaling away as we speak in a typing kind of way, and I'm not going to bed until I do ten miles. Come on guys, get off your asses . . . as soon as you wake up.

I've decided to do this on Facebook. I must post this here, so that for the love of God, you people don't think I bailed on the body building. I've just bailed on this lonely thread.

I'll still post the half naked pic.

When I was 15,16 I weight about 200 pounds and I was 5 foot 7, but then I found a passion (cycling) now I'm at a stable 160 at 5 foot 8.

Honestly, I never had a diet, I dont believe in a way of life that restrain you. I think the better way to get in shape is to find a physical activity that you love and to continue with that.

I will start posting here again if others are interested. I need some accountability. What are your goals Yoda?

I don't think it's still a thing but we can certainly make it one.

I could use some help getting back on the proverbial wagon. I'm good at giving advice on diet and weight loss but actually following my own advice is another story.

My goal is to get down to 220 lbs. At my current weight that would mean losing around 25 lbs.

I'm lucky in that pretty much nobody thinks I weigh as much as I do. For whatever reason I just wear it inconspicuously. But I think at that weight I'd be a lot healthier and more energetic, wouldn't feel as much strain on my knees playing softball, and probably wouldn't even look overweight at all.

I feel good in the 200 range. I do a good job of getting myself down to every couple years, and then an even better job putting on that extra 30-35 pounds. I will check in. My goal this week is no sodas and to be at the gym at least 3 days. I will weigh in after that because frankly I am a little scared of the scale right now.

I'm not going to talk pounds, but I have a lot to lose. I'm also coming dangerously close to being diabetic and I really need to get back in the right direction.

I really gotta start counting those carbs again, though I think I'll try to ease myself into it and gradually go down to the recommended ranges rather than suddenly going from where I'm at now to where I need to be.

I'm 252 lbs right now, curious what a realistic goal should be. Ultimately I want to get back down to 160 - 180 lbs, where I was at before my meds, but I get that that's not realistic in the short term. Maybe 200 - 220 lbs?

I'm 252 lbs right now, curious what a realistic goal should be. Ultimately I want to get back down to 160 - 180 lbs, where I was at before my meds, but I get that that's not realistic in the short term. Maybe 200 - 220 lbs?
Yeah my ultimate goal is to hit 180 but I get to 200-205 and hit a wall now. So set small goals and see where they take you. I feel really good at 200 if I am exercising and laying off the sugars. So I need to learn to be happy there. I think its different for everyone.

Probably something you should ask your doctor about, Swan.

The BMI says that at my height, age and sex (~34 years old, 5' 3"), I should weigh 120-140 lbs which to me is not reasonable. My doctor told me I should aim for 150.

But yeah, as sean said, set small goals (5-10 pound increments) to begin with.

I'm living a healthy life style myself, but I do eat unhealthy once in a while, though I try to keep it at a minimum.

I don't have a food plan per say, but I do follow a sort of "loose plan" trying to get all the calories I need for the goal I want to accomplish.

And unlike most of y'all I'm trying to gain weight, not in fat though but muscle. I love working out and do so 4-6 times a week. Both cardio and strength training. I don't really have a goal, but I do want that beachbody for the summer haha

Don't you hate doing cardio in the gym? I tried to go to the gym 2 times and never really liked it because I don't really care for musculation and that I prefer running and biking outside. I find that there is something missing in the gym, I don't know why.

Don't you hate doing cardio in the gym? I tried to go to the gym 2 times and never really liked it because I don't really care for musculation and that I prefer running and biking outside. I find that there is something missing in the gym, I don't know why.
I never go to the gym. I don't like the gym either...

I'm working out at home, with intense workout programs that combine cardio and strength.

I'm the opposite actually. I much prefer the controlled environment. I can do everything the exact same way every time.