Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2021 Film Challenge (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62923)

kgaard 12-08-21 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Terror (Post 2260008)
Interesting. I've seen (and loved) the former but hadn't heard of the latter. Do you recommend it?
I can't recommend it, no. I think it fails at a fundamental level. This is what I wrote at the time. But as I note in that review, I particularly recommend this piece by Miriam Bale talking about both movies. If you don't mind reading up on a movie before watching it, I think it will give you a better idea of if you want to go through with it.

Captain Terror 12-08-21 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by kgaard (Post 2260034)
I can't recommend it, no. I think it fails at a fundamental level. This is what I wrote at the time. But as I note in that review, I particularly recommend this piece by Miriam Bale talking about both movies. If you don't mind reading up on a movie before watching it, I think it will give you a better idea of if you want to go through with it.
Funny, it appears that I upvoted your original review but I must have forgotten. (It's been a long year). I'll check out the article.

kgaard 12-08-21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Terror (Post 2260038)
Funny, it appears that I upvoted your original review but I must have forgotten. (It's been a long year). I'll check out the article.
Yes, yes it has.

Wyldesyde19 12-12-21 01:38 AM

Nearing the finish line on this, and next year I’ll go with what everyone else had done and crowd source favorites, if it’s an option again that is. There were a few that I was really interested in that haven’t had the chance to see yet, mainly Short Term 12.

Jabs, how’s next years challenge looking?

Wyldesyde19 12-15-21 02:13 AM

Update 12/14! Almost done!
Normal mode: 1
Nightmare: 5

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Wyldesyde19 12-19-21 03:41 PM

Update 12/19! Normal mode complete! Now to finish up Nightmare Mode.
Normal mode: finished!
Nightmare: 5

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Wyldesyde19 12-21-21 07:31 PM

If Jabs doesn’t get the next one up, I wonder who among us might be interested in continuing this?

Iroquois 12-29-21 12:48 PM

Well, I finally finished this. Here are my final results...

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Wyldesyde19 12-29-21 01:19 PM

Just have one film left. Will get to it either tonight or tomorrow.
Either way, I wonder if Jabs intends to run this again for next year?

Wyldesyde19 12-30-21 03:46 AM

And done!

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

edarsenal 12-30-21 04:01 PM

My final tally was pretty dismal across the board for my first-time participation.
Though I do very much wish to attempt to finish this in the coming month or so or perhaps find homes for the next movie challenge for the ones listed I did not get to.

Watchlist films
Viewed films
Passed On; 2022 films

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  

Captain Terror 01-01-22 07:14 PM

Re: 2021 Film Challenge

Just wanted to acknowledge our host, if I haven't done so already. This was a lot of fun and it forced me to watch some stuff I'd not have considered otherwise.
:up:

kgaard 01-02-22 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Terror (Post 2267987)
Just wanted to acknowledge our host, if I haven't done so already. This was a lot of fun and it forced me to watch some stuff I'd not have considered otherwise.
:up:
Same here. Good stuff and I'm looking forward to this year's challenge. In particular I want to note that I watched Kanał and Close-Up just for this and they were a couple of my favorite films from the year.

Takoma11 01-02-22 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by kgaard (Post 2268055)
Same here. Good stuff and I'm looking forward to this year's challenge. In particular I want to note that I watched Kanał and Close-Up just for this and they were a couple of my favorite films from the year.
Same in terms of Kanal and, yeah, it was great!

edarsenal 01-02-22 04:22 PM

FULLY AGREE!!

TO @Jabs!!

https://c.tenor.com/pQxt4ZDjAz8AAAAC/cheers-party.gif

Jabs 01-03-22 02:32 AM

Re: 2021 Film Challenge

Thank you all for your kind words!
I am happy you appreciate the effort and that the challenge has helped you discover good films that might have otherwise flown under your radar.

Jabs 01-01-23 03:33 AM

It bugged me all through 2022 that I never finished this challenge, so I made up for it.

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode