Hollywood vs. ISIS

Tools    

Just wondering if we'll ever see a lot of Radical Islamic Terrorists depicted on screen as the "bad guys." I'm asking because I'm remembering the movies that came out during and after WWII which had no problem showing Germans & Japanese as the enemy.

There are lots of movies out about terrorists, but I guess due to political correctness, the terrorists are usually depicted as white Europeans or generic, nondescript foreign types.

Aside from movies that are historical, biographical or docu-dramas (such as "United 93"), the last couple movies I recall that actually depicted Islamic Terrorists came out before 9/11/2001 ("True Lies" and "Executive Decision" both portrayed Islamic Terrorists).

It just seems strange that Islamic Terrorism has been at war with the West for a long time, the U.S. has been attacked multiple times by Islamic Terrorists, Radical Islam is carrying out a holocaust in the middle east & throughout Africa and is warring on civilization as we speak, yet it's rare to find terrorists depicted as Islamic Extremists in movies (whereas, in other wars, Hollywood had no problem naming the people warring on the U.S. and its allies).

Welcome to the backward PC era, where bad folks get protection and good folks don't. I doubt Hollywood will be making any films with Islamic terrorist as the antagonist any time soon. The president has decried the word 'Islamic Terrorist' calling it offensive and ordering it dropped by government agencies. But you know a rose by any other name steal has plenty of thorns.

Hollywood is scared to tell the truth, scared they will lose $$$. Look at how Sony Corp. knuckled under to the mad man president of North Korea. I mean who wants to piss off ISIS? Not Hollywood, I hear Hollywood bigwigs are fond of keeping their heads firmly mounted on their bodies.

I kind of remember a Hollywood that seemed to almost enjoy pissing fascists off.
I guess the difference is when the danger of retaliation has greater potential. With radicalized agents of ISIS (among other Islamic Terror groups and "Lone Wolf" extremists) popping up every other day in the USA, I guess the possibility of dealing with the fascists, terrorists and murderers that your pissing off becomes a lot more immediate... a lot "closer to home" as it were.

But here's to a few brave film-makers who dared to call the devils out and put their own necks on the line:
Charlie Chaplin (who mocked Hitler and Mussilini in The Great Dictator).
Stanley Kubrick (who exposed the Cold War Military Industrial Complex in Dr. Strangelove).
Matt Stone & Trey Parker (who demolished North Korean dictator, Kim Jong-il in Team America: World Police).

...to name just a few.

(Please, everyone, join in and name some more!)

I just watched American Sniper. It was a no holds barred look at the Iraq war, including one gusty scene of the hero shooting a Islamic woman carrying a bomb, then when her kid picks up the bomb he snipes him too. So I guess I'd call that pretty gutsy. But it wasn't directly about ISIS.

Creepy, this is very creepy. I saw a google search that made me inmediatly close the tab. I just look it up because I didn't remember the name and as soon as I check the name in the browser's history I saw this thread. May someone explain to me why that DISGUSTING thing is called ISIS baby please? I don't want that anyone look that up unless you are absolutly sure you can handle to watch that. I look some photos and I just quickly close the tab so I don't look close to the details. I repeat NO ONE LOOK IT UP, but if someone knows what that is I would like to know.

The irony (specifically relating to movies like True Lies) is it became politically incorrect to depict Islamic Terrorists AFTER 9/11. It makes no sense. It would be like if after Pearl Harbor you almost never saw movie depictions of the Imperial Japanese military (but in reality, there were tons of movies depicting them). Movies were literally part of the war effort, but it seems when it comes to the so called "war on terror" Hollywood is bowing out.

Rules, I haven't seen American Sniper yet, but it falls into a historical / bio / docu-drama. Still, I'm surprised under the administration of political correctness, it was even allowed to be made. Another such movie that I did see was Lone Survivor... I didn't know the story so I was quite delighted to learn about the Afghanistani man, Mohammad Gulab, who helped to save Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell.

Don't know if there are any updates, but it was sad to hear that Mr. Gulab is being hunted by the Taliban and seeking asylum in the U.S., but for some reason is not being helped by the government despite his heroic actions to save a U.S. serviceman.

Creepy, this is very creepy. I saw a google search that made me inmediatly close the tab. I just look it up because I didn't remember the name and as soon as I check the name in the browser's history I saw this thread. May someone explain to me why that DISGUSTING thing is called ISIS baby please? I don't want that anyone look that up unless you are absolutly sure you can handle to watch that. I look some photos and I just quickly close the tab so I don't look close to the details. I repeat NO ONE LOOK IT UP, but if someone knows what that is I would like to know.
Are you asking why the terrorist group is called ISIS? (or are you asking about "ISIS baby"?)

If the former, it stands for the "Islamic State in Iraq and Syria." Some (such as the Obama administration) refer to it as ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant). This name has been met with some criticism because it attributes a far larger area to the Islamic State than it currently occupies or is active in.

But I also know what you're talking about when looking up anything to do with ISIS. They are a heinous group, so any images accompanying information about them will show their atrocities which are beyond any imagining in the modern world.

No I a complete idiot. I just ask a friend to look it up, he said they are just military babies. I thought I had the name of that creepy picture I saw, because it was a different think that I expected. So I didn't look it up because I was afraid but the truth is that it wasn't this the creepy thing. So false alarm everyone I couldn't even saw the think I ask you to see.

No I a complete idiot. I just ask a friend to look it up, he said they are just military babies. I thought I had the name of that creepy picture I saw, because it was a different think that I expected. So I didn't look it up because I was afraid but the truth is that it wasn't this the creepy thing. So false alarm everyone I couldn't even saw the think I ask you to see.

I just looked up "ISIS baby" and got a picture of a newborn baby with an Islamic birth certificate and a hand grenade on one side of his head and a hand gun on the other. (Nice going ISIS, you sick %^$#s.)

Another picture & story came up that is too horrible to even talk about.

Is everyone enjoying the 4th of July TERROR Alerts, Warnings and Watches?
Instead of watching for terror, I think I'll just go watch 1776 again!
(William Daniels is the man!)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is everyone enjoying the 4th of July TERROR Alerts, Warnings and Watches?
Instead of watching for terror, I think I'll just go watch 1776 again!
(William Daniels is the man!)

July 4th is the day to watch 1776, Yankee Doodle Dandy, and Independence Day.

Today, another Radical Islamic Terrorist murdered four Marines in Tennessee & wounded at least three others. Was this shooter another ISIS sleeper agent or just an ISIS inspired young Muslim embracing the literal teachings of the murder cult / mental disorder called Islam?

Just wanted to give kudos to the three Americans (two are servicemen) who thwarted a terrorist attack by another Islamic State lone wolf maniac (Ayoub El Khazzani) on a train in Paris.

The terrorist was armed with an AK-47 assault rifle, 9 magazines of ammo, a Luger automatic pistol and a box cutter. The terrorist shot a French-American man who tried to stop him and the terrorist wounded two others with the box cutter (one was the Air Force serviceman named Spencer Stone who helped tackle the terrorist, Stone had his thumb nearly severed from his hand - it had to be surgically re-attached), a fourth person was injured in the melee.

On a somewhat humorous note - the attacker's lawyer claimed that his client meant no harm and was not trying to commit a terrorist attack by loading his assault rifle and firing it at passengers. Khazzani's father says his son is "a good boy!" (It's funny how murdering psycho's families always come out and say how their relative is such a "good person." Um... NO! You're wrong! They're obviously not a "good person" if they're a brain-washed Islamic Terrorist who goes into a crowed area armed with an assault weapon to murder people.)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/22/europe...wer/index.html

I kind of remember a Hollywood that seemed to almost enjoy pissing fascists off.

But here's to a few brave film-makers who dared to call the devils out and put their own necks on the line:
Charlie Chaplin (who mocked Hitler and Mussilini in The Great Dictator).
Chaplin got kicked out of america for making that film.

Chaplin got kicked out of america for making that film.
Was it for that film?
I always thought The Great Dictator was regarded as a pro-Ally / anti-Nazi film since it denigrated Hitler & the Axis powers. Why would someone get kicked out of America for insulting Hitler (the enemy who'd already invaded ally countries) during WWII?

I always thought that Chaplin had unjustified troubles inflicted upon him due to someone accusing him of being a Communist during the McCarthy era?