Australian Man Shot Dead in America While On a Run

Tools    

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justic...html?hpt=hp_c2

DEATH SENTENCE to these three motherf**kers!

What the f**k is going on when three teenage boys drive up behind a man taking a run and they senselessly kill him for no reason? When they do it because they were bored and looking for fun?

DEATH SENTENCE TO ALL OF THEM! No life in prison. No rehabilitation. No Sam Harris even this time with his, "But people have no free will and we should think about it all differently...." DEATH SENTENCE!

The Unfortunate Victim:

Chris Lane

A 23 year old Australian who was studying in the U.S. on a baseball scholarship. A nice guy who was just taking a run out in Duncan, Oklahoma when these three bastards drove up behind him and shot him in the back and then sped away.

What the **** is going on?

I am disgusted. Kill all of these bastards who think it's funny to pick random people out on the street, minding their own business, and then senselessly kill them.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	4901314-16x9-700x394.jpg
Views:	1829
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	11082   Click image for larger version

Name:	656572-chris-lane.jpg
Views:	1955
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	11083  

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Poor guy. I support the Death Sentence for idiots like this and child murders/rapists etc the scum of the earth. I feel for this guys family.

Some Australians have decided that they're going to boycott the United States and I don't blame them. When a guy can lose his life like this after coming over here, I totally understand. I would look at America and hate it forever if I was an Australian.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It is mad these days, theres always something horrendous happening in the news. I just dont see the mentality of some boys who go out just to kill someone...

Some Australians have decided that they're going to boycott the United States and I don't blame them. When a guy can lose his life like this after coming over here, I totally understand. I would look at America and hate it forever if I was an Australian.
It's not like the attacking was race/nationality motivated. It's not America's fault and it didn't happen because the guy was Australian. So I don't see why you would hate the country forever. It's down to individuals, the people involved.

Also I do not support the death penalty so disagree with your first post, but that is another discussion I feel.

RIP though, shocking news of course when an innocent life is taken so easily and without reason.

It's not like the attacking was race/nationality motivated. It's not America's fault and it didn't happen because the guy was Australian. So I don't see why you would hate the country forever. It's down to individuals, the people involved.
Well, I believe this kind of thing can happen anywhere, but there's something so disgusting about the idea of some guy coming over here from another land -- on a scholarship -- just out for a run -- and getting killed for no reason by three teenage boys in their car. It makes America look like a zoo. It's like we have dangerous, wild animals -- monkeys -- uncaged and on the loose and will kill you if you innocently go out for a jog. Like you can't be safe here.

I could understand the hate if I was not from America. I would absolutely scorn this land for the miserable human beings with sick minds and the freedom to do this.

Originally Posted by Daniel M
Also I do not support the death penalty so disagree with your first post, but that is another discussion I feel.
Well, I do. Kill them. At least execute the shooter. If you can support abortion, the murder of innocent unborn babies, I see no reason why you can't support the execution of violent murderers.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It is another discussion completely but I feel strongly for the death penalty for people who do horrible things towards children/women/people. Maybe the wrong thread to post it but I get angry when I see things like this.

I have to agree with this. This is a tragic situation, but it's ridiculous to hate an entire country for the actions of 3 stupid kids. I coud see it if the boys get acquitted or something, but this is serious overreacting.

I do not, however, agree that they should not be executed if found guilty. On the other hand, the it's highly unlikely that the prosecutor will pursue the death penalty, even more unlikely that they'll be setenced to it, and very likely that if they do get it initially, it'll be thrown out in appeals later on.

A system of cells interlinked
Seriously? That's pretty ridiculous when you think about it. So, any traveler that happens into a crime across the pond means we should hate the country forever? Even though it is due to the action of a few individuals that don't represent the country or its interests AT ALL (them being delinquents and all, they are the dregs of our society, and not representative of the country as a greater whole).

Yeah - that is directly out to lunch, actually.

Also, I do not support the death sentence, as our government shouldn't be in the business of killing its own citizens.

I mean, why not just go back to exercising the power of the sovereign with torture sessions in the town square? Pillory? F the justice system right? Let's just go right back to the uneducated dark ages, eh?

I have to agree with this. This is a tragic situation, but it's ridiculous to hate an entire country for the actions of 3 stupid kids. I coud see it if the boys get acquitted or something, but this is serious overreacting.
I understand the idea of boycotting the U.S. If someone I knew wanted to go to the U.S. -- and we were Australian -- I might insist that they don't go because of things like this. Now of course it's kind of silly in a way, but I also understand the concern behind it. The wanting to protect your loved ones. I can understand hating the U.S. for this. Something like this makes us look like we're a dangerous zoo. Be safe than sorry.

I do not, however, agree that they should not be executed if found guilty. On the other hand, the it's highly unlikely that the prosecutor will pursue the death penalty, even more unlikely that they'll be setenced to it, and very likely that if they do get it initially, it'll be thrown out in appeals later on.
Well, the shooter should at least get it. Maybe even all of them. But the shooter definitely. I have my doubts about it, too, but if it was my decision, someone would die.

Seriously? That's pretty ridiculous when you think about it. So, any traveler that happens into a crime across the pond means we should hate the country forever? Even though it is due to the action of a few individuals that don't represent the country or its interests AT ALL (them being delinquents and all, they are the dregs of our society, and not representative of the country as a greater whole).

Yeah - that is directly out to lunch, actually.
Don't care. It's passionate hatred towards something that disgusts you and you despise -- and something like this is understandable to hate. It doesn't matter that it was just three hoodlums -- it gives the impression that this is a dangerous place to be, full of dangerous animals. I'd hate it. I hate what it says about us now. And I do think it says something about us and our people.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Also, I do not support the death sentence, as our government shouldn't be in the business of killing its own citizens.
Either they do it or a lynch mob does it. Take your pick.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I mean, why not just go back to exercising the power of the sovereign with torture sessions in the town square? Pillory? F the justice system right? Let's just go right back to the uneducated dark ages, eh?
I'd be fine if people decided to torture these three guys in the town square. I'd attend the viewing.

Let's just go right back to the uneducated dark ages, eh?
I don't know, Capital punishment, zealous religious fundementalists... You're there already, aren't you?

It doesn't matter that it was just three hoodlums -- it gives the impression that this is a dangerous place to be...
No, it's your murder and fun crime statistics that do that, not these three cretins.

Of course this reflects poorly on the US abroad but, as others have stated already, this isn't a reason not to go to the States or to hate an entire nation for the actions of these hideous people and their crime. Things such as this and worse can and do happen every day around the world. The laws and attitudes of a nation can and do facilitate these crimes, but these crimes aren't a reason alone.

I'm Australian and I think that it's pretty rash to blame the whole of America for the wrongdoings of three people.

They do deserve to swing, though.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Look at Sexy's first sentence. It looks like an uncensored headline from The National Enquirer.

Terrible thing.

But it doesn't reflect poorly on America. It reflects poorly on human beings in general. Not just this, though. I used to be able to rationalize "incidents". Now it's too much. Too much violence, too much cruelty.

I am for the death penalty, yes. I think it's all a certain kind of person understands. I am tired of the psychological emphasis on criminals above victims. People like these guys are not "citizens" of anything in my eyes and they have given up their right to live as far as I'm concerned. Why should they get to live out their lives after they took his so casually? Why?

I feel human beings have not really grown as a species. We are technologically sophisticated barbarians. And all our culture is meaningless if our advancements are still in thrall to a base animalistic nature...

And I feel it's so. I've grown cynical. Too much destruction and self-destructive behavior in humanity. Civilization is like an illusion - a veneer. Safe? No, we're not safe. Not anywhere.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I'm Australian and I think that it's pretty rash to blame the whole of America for the wrongdoings of three people.

They do deserve to swing, though.
No, no. I'm not blaming all of America for what happened at all. I mean, there might be partly some American caused reason why these guys acted this way, but I can't really pinpoint what it is.

I'm just saying -- if you want to get mad and upset and angry at America over this, and boycott it, I'd understand the anger. If I was an Australian right now, and I had kids or family or friends that wanted to leave Australia and go to America, I might think, Don't go! I don't want you going over there and getting murdered.

It's this kind of story that would do that to me. Of course murders happen all the time. Of course murders happen in Australia. But this story -- because it hit the media -- and because it's so dark and dreary... nihilistic, I'll say, since everyone likes to use that word -- it makes me feel sympathy for those Australians, whom I read, are now calling for a boycott of America. A story like this puts a frightening story in your head. The message is you can go to America to do something really good for your life -- you've been a good guy in the world so far, etc. -- been a superstar baseball player -- and SUDDENLY -- BAM! -- a car speeds by while you're running and someone just SHOOTS YOU in the back and kills you. As if you're a bird or an animal that some hunter decided to shoot for fun.

It's nightmarish. It's inhumane. And it's a frightening tale to pass along about America. Go to America -- you die. It's like a horror movie rule or something.

Look at Sexy's first sentence. It looks like an uncensored headline from The National Enquirer.
Maybe if Samuel L. Jackson worked for the National Enquirer.

I am for the death penalty, yes. I think it's all a certain kind of person understands. I am tired of the psychological emphasis on criminals above victims. People like these guys are not "citizens" of anything in my eyes and they have given up their right to live as far as I'm concerned. Why should they get to live out their lives after they took his so casually? Why?
Yes. They don't deserve just life in prison. They might ENJOY life in prison! They shouldn't be enjoying life when this man that they killed couldn't. It's not fair. This man was on the road to a bright future -- these guys decided to get on the road to nowhere. Now they need to make the exit to meet death.

People do treat too many criminals as if they're special and can be rehabilitated. "Ohhhhh, you poor thing. Did you kill someone? Oh, sweetie. Let me fluff that pillow for you. Let me call the nurse. We'll make you better...."

Kids become obsessed with sick killers, even. Tumblr is filled with fan blogs for serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer and many others -- that Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooter is another -- where they make pictures calling them beautiful and sexy and treat them like poor, helpless victims who just didn't know any better and who need love and care. Lord, the things I've seen on Tumblr alone make me believe we're headed for a disaster. Violent criminals are made into Gods. Music can glorify violence and killing people. Even movies. And while I don't support stopping and censoring these materials, I do think they can be signs of moral decay, signs of trouble. I kinda feel for those people who are saying, "Kids aren't being raised right anymore." I am worried that it's pretty bad out there.

Originally Posted by Deadite
I feel human beings have not really grown as a species. We are technologically sophisticated barbarians. And all our culture is meaningless if our advancements are still in thrall to a base animalistic nature...

And I feel it's so. I've grown cynical. Too much destruction and self-destructive behavior in humanity. Civilization is like an illusion - a veneer. Safe? No, we're not safe. Not anywhere.
I think civilization is basically a veneer. We are, I believe, just intelligent animals. I think murder is a definite right now with where we're at. It may even be unstoppable. A story like this one is proof that you never know what could happen next. Happiness and a bright future is not guaranteed. But I do think it's something we ought to strive for. People should not be driving around and shooting random people. If they do, I think they should be taken and given the same treatment -- death. Unless you want to put them in a science lab and make their lives be strictly for the study of madness. An uncomfortable science lab, of course. So maybe we could find a cure for this, perhaps. If that's even possible.

No, no. I'm not blaming all of America for what happened at all. I mean, there might be partly some American caused reason why these guys acted this way, but I can't really pinpoint what it is.

I'm just saying -- if you want to get mad and upset and angry at America over this, and boycott it, I'd understand the anger. If I was an Australian right now, and I had kids or family or friends that wanted to leave Australia and go to America, I might think, Don't go! I don't want you going over there and getting murdered.

It's this kind of story that would do that to me. Of course murders happen all the time. Of course murders happen in Australia. But this story -- because it hit the media -- and because it's so dark and dreary... nihilistic, I'll say, since everyone likes to use that word -- it makes me feel sympathy for those Australians, whom I read, are now calling for a boycott of America. A story like this puts a frightening story in your head. The message is you can go to America to do something really good for your life -- you've been a good guy in the world so far, etc. -- been a superstar baseball player -- and SUDDENLY -- BAM! -- a car speeds by while you're running and someone just SHOOTS YOU in the back and kills you. As if you're a bird or an animal that some hunter decided to shoot for fun.

It's nightmarish. It's inhumane. And it's a frightening tale to pass along about America. Go to America -- you die. It's like a horror movie rule or something.

Yes. They don't deserve just life in prison. They might ENJOY life in prison! They shouldn't be enjoying life when this man that they killed couldn't. It's not fair. This man was on the road to a bright future -- these guys decided to get on the road to nowhere. Now they need to make the exit to meet death.

People do treat too many criminals as if they're special and can be rehabilitated. "Ohhhhh, you poor thing. Did you kill someone? Oh, sweetie. Let me fluff that pillow for you. Let me call the nurse. We'll make you better...."

Kids become obsessed with sick killers, even. Tumblr is filled with fan blogs for serial killers like Jeffrey Dahmer and many others -- that Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooter is another -- where they make pictures calling them beautiful and sexy and treat them like poor, helpless victims who just didn't know any better and who need love and care. Lord, the things I've seen on Tumblr alone make me believe we're headed for a disaster. Violent criminals are made into Gods. Music can glorify violence and killing people. Even movies. And while I don't support stopping and censoring these materials, I do think they can be signs of moral decay, signs of trouble. I kinda feel for those people who are saying, "Kids aren't being raised right anymore." I am worried that it's pretty bad out there.

I think civilization is basically a veneer. We are, I believe, just intelligent animals. I think murder is a definite right now with where we're at. It may even be unstoppable. A story like this one is proof that you never know what could happen next. Happiness and a bright future is not guaranteed. But I do think it's something we ought to strive for. People should not be driving around and shooting random people. If they do, I think they should be taken and given the same treatment -- death. Unless you want to put them in a science lab and make their lives be strictly for the study of madness. An uncomfortable science lab, of course. So maybe we could find a cure for this, perhaps. If that's even possible.
I'm sorry, but absolutely none of this should come as a surprise to you and, as mark said, it's always been thus.