'The Exorcist' Remake

Tools    

When I heard about 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' being remade back in 2009, I was horrified. I was even more horrified when I saw it in 2010. After the initial shock wore off of having one of my favorite movies butchered before my eyes, an even more horrifying thought popped into my head..."What if they remake 'The Exorcist'?"

Judging on how many movies have already been remade, I honestly believe that at some point 'The Exorcist' is going to join the ranks. Even though the thought kills me inside and makes me beyond angry, it kind of seems inevitable. I just wonder how everyone else feels about this? I mean, are you for or against it? If for, why? If against, why and will you still go see it? How would they even cast such roles? Who would direct it? A million question go through my head whenever I think about a possible remake.

A remake of 'The Exorcist' to me would be the ultimate scary movie...THE scariest movie of all time! Not because the movie itself is scary, but because the fact that someone was foolish enough to take something so perfect and attempt to change or improve it is beyond horrifying to me.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'll get back to you if this ever happens. I've recently watched all six Exorcist films (two versions of the original, The Heretic, III and both IVs), and the original towers over the rest, except "The Version You've Never Seen Before" is probably its equal but not especially necessary. The last two Exorcists, both starring Stellan Skarsgard, were pointless and boring.

The main reason it would be silly to remake the original is that the acting would have to suffer, and even if they did it shot-for-shot, it would have to get an NC-17. Yes, ratings were far-more lenient back in the day.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
But if it is shot for shot, then why can't they argue the fact the original got an R rating.

Suspect's Reviews

Have you never seen the documentary This Film is Not Yet Rated? If not, do so A.S.A.P., if not sooner. You may not argue with the ratings board, and you may definitely not use examples from other movies with similar scenes or content. It is done on a film-by-film basis, and is dependent on a zillion things, common sense rarely being in the mix. This has supposed to have gotten better in the years since this documentary exposed the inequities, but then you still have cases like Blue Valentine. So....yeah.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I have seen that film, I think it loses a bit of focus halfway through, or at least I did with it. I guess I thought they did allow film comparison after it came out. Oh well.

I am ready to feel the fear again..