Recommend any Chan-wook Park films ?

Tools    

I put Sympathy for Mr. Vengence on my blockbuster cue. And will probably add the rest of his to the cue .

What do you guys think about his other movies ?

A system of cells interlinked
I like his stuff, but it isn't something I would watch again and again, due to subject matter. I own Oldboy, but I think I liked Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance the best. It was a bit more subtle (but not much) and I liked the narrative flow a lot more. Both were good, though. Have yet to see Lady...

Also check out Odishon (Audition), for a film along those lines that is pretty crazy... It's a Miike film, though...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Like Sedai, Sympathy For Mr Vengeance is by far my favourite film The Wookie. I love it, in fact.

You probably know all about the ubiquitous Oldboy so I'll recommend Joint Security Area, another fine film.

Lady Vengeance was a step too far, for me, and it felt that Park had the same thoughts. It was a wee bit tired.

I liked Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, but didn't love it and wouldn't watch it again. I think it shares some pacing problems I have with Inarritu's films, but without the intricate time jigsaw puzzle structure of said director's work.

I did not get into JSA, but since I turned it off about halfway through and never got around to finishing it, you probably shouldn't base any decisions on my critique. Maybe it get's better, it seemed like a pretty run of the mill detective story with some slightly exotic decoration and I was really craving something great and original at the time. I do remember thinking one editing trick was kinda cool but don't remember what it was anymore.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I liked Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, but didn't love it and wouldn't watch it again. I think it shares some pacing problems I have with Inarritu's films, but without the intricate time jigsaw puzzle structure of said director's work.

I did not get into JSA, but since I turned it off about halfway through and never got around to finishing it, you probably shouldn't base any decisions on my critique. Maybe it get's better, it seemed like a pretty run of the mill detective story with some slightly exotic decoration and I was really craving something great and original at the time. I do remember thinking one editing trick was kinda cool but don't remember what it was anymore.
So you're saying that you wouldn't recommend any Park Chan Wook? Or you would?

I enjoyed JSA and for a Korean film it's an interesting study into their country and culture. I wouldn't bother with his installment in 3 Extremes and i've got I'm a Cyborg But It's OK but yet to watch it, heard mixed reviews.

So you're saying that you wouldn't recommend any Park Chan Wook? Or you would?
Hey, hoo-ray for ambiguous evaluations. I guess I'm laying a and on Mr. V. It was pretty good but I've seen quite a few "pretty good" films and can think of quite a few "excellent" films that I would recommend before getting to either of his films that I've seen. Heck, I'd probably see Death Wish again before I'd give Mr. V. a second viewing.

Sorry for bringing it up, but let's talk about Thirst. Park Chan-wook's most recent film. Just watched it.