Jennifer Lawrence, JOY
9.52%
2 votes
Charlotte Rampling, 45 YEARS
9.52%
2 votes
Saoirse Ronan, BROOKLYN
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Here are the Academy choices for the top five performances by a woman in a leading role. Which was your favorite?

Cate Blanchett, Carol
Brie Larson, Room
Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years
Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	actress1.jpg
Views:	1057
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	23696  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I wasn't expecting her to be nominated, but I'm kind of disappointed that Carey Mulligan hasn't had more awards/nominations/buzz for her performance in Suffragette which I thought was a very good performance, she really carries the film. I can see why some people might not like the film but her performance deserved more recognition, I thought.

But I haven't seen any of the nominated performances yet, perhaps it was just a very strong year. I've heard really good things about Saiorsie Ronan and Brie Larson's performances.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I thought Charlotte Rampling gave the best performance. Brie Larson is the frontrunner, but having seen all five I don't know why. And Rooney Mara is the real lead in Carol, but they pushed her in the Supporting category.

1. Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn
2. Brie Larson, Room
3. Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years
4. Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
5. Cate Blanchett, Carol

Brie Larson is freaking gorgeous