The MoFo Voice Thread

Tools    

Now, see if someone said "scroat-sack" to me, I'd understand it completely. And then I'd punch them.
If they were calling me that.

Also haven't heard anyone say bawbag or ballot since I was about 5. You really need to stop getting your info from Chewing The Fat Rodent
Autocorrect again?

Also haven't heard anyone say bawbag or bampotsince I was about 5. You really need to stop getting your info from Chewin The Fat Rodent
Barnpot was something I heard a lot in Yorkshire. It meant mad or stupid, but in a silly way. It was polite rather than an insult. The sort of thing you could comfortably say in a room full of grandparents and vicars.

Barnpot was something I heard a lot in Yorkshire. It meant mad or stupid, but in a silly way. It was polite rather than an insult. The sort of thing you could comfortably say in a room full of grandparents and vicars.
Some people say bam, but you only hear 50 year olds who grew up in the 70s say bampot. Which explains why Rodent knows it

I grew up in the North in the 80s and 90s. SO yeah, it was like living in the 60s and 70s.

This parody of Gaelic kids' TV from Chewin' The Fat. I actually grew up watching this kind of stuff.
We also had normal kids' TV that had been dubbed over in Gaelic as well. I had to learn the language so I could watch kids' programs.

This parody isn't really Gaelic though, it's mainly gibberish with the odd English word thrown in... just like modern Gaelic.