Take 2

Tools    

Me again, IMDB refugee, 10 year user of that board... Lifelong Floridian

Enjoy films of all ages, types, genres, I could never pick any favorite considering my library has everything from Casablanca to ridiculous dumb comedy..

turned an unused bedroom upstairs into a home theater with HD projector, surround sound, couch seating and even took the bifold closet doors out putting in a mini fridge and microwave for snacks and drinks. I collect horrible movies on disk, spray the back with tack spray, mount corkboard on them, use an exacto to cut the excess and center hub out and have a "Horrible movie coaster set".. Recently upgraded to Blu-Ray a few months back, (very late to the hd game) and have been playing catch up on those, With the upgrade to blu-ray I got a big tv upgrade though so I'm starting to watch movies in the living room..

My sister is into feral cat rescue which means I by extension am also into feral cat rescue.. She's always shuttling over strays for me to foster til they get fixed and adopted out...

Play a bit of x-box 360, steam on PC, enjoy building/fixing things in my spare time

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hi again. Love the sound of your home cinema, and always great to see a fellow animal lover. I used to have siamese cats but now have 3 terriers and a crazy spoilt runt pug. The pug would be fine with cats. 2 of the terriers not so much. one particular would lick it to death.

Welcome to the site, Odum.

As for Blu-Ray... I still haven't upgraded
I guess I'm like those people who prefer Vinyl to CD
I held out as long as I could as I have thousands of DVD's and looking at the wall of movies, the dread at imagining having to upgrade them all,

But DVD was becoming an orphaned format.. all the extras and goodies going to Blu-Ray and I'm a junkie for extras, documentaries, gag reels etc...

Started replacing them off either Amazon or ebay, hopping back and forth checking prices, and as it turns out, Blu-Rays are actually cheaper than DVD's for the most part now, lost track of how many listings I'd see "$7.99 blu-ray, $19.99 DVD"

And the quality upgrade is insanely noticable.

You can get a solid refurbished player off amazon for $30-$40 bucks, and check it out.. as a plus Blu-Ray players are like smart phones.. you can download apps to watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Vudu, etc... And they also do a true 1080 upconversion on DVD's as well.

Hi again. Love the sound of your home cinema, and always great to see a fellow animal lover. I used to have siamese cats but now have 3 terriers and a crazy spoilt runt pug. The pug would be fine with cats. 2 of the terriers not so much. one particular would lick it to death.
Run Kitteh!

That's Gigi in the avatar, she has some insane fascination with BB-8, she used to climb the shelves to pick up the little one I had on display and she'd carry it around and sleep with it, so I got the Sphero app controlled one that I'll put down and let run around the house, she'll chase it all day and when it goes on the charger she passes out on it to recharge herself...

She's kind of nuts

I thought it was funny though, an Orange and white cat named Gigi loves an orange and white droid named BB

A major problem for me right now is the TV.
A decent TV in the UK is a grand... and I haven't got the cashflow for that these days.
My last TVcost £1500 and packed up 1 month after the guarantee ended so I'm using an old Sony Trinitron now.

I love the DVD extras as well, and personally I do get peeved when DVD users are, technically, punished for not upgrading to Blu-Ray.
It's a case of having to buy an expensive TV, and having to buy an expensive player, and having to buy the more expensive disc... or get punished with a disc that has little content... and personally, I can't see much difference between the formats.

I mean, not to sound like a technophobe... I can see and hear the difference between vinyl, CD and cassette... and between VHS, Betamax and DVD (yeah I go back far enough to remember Betamax lol!)... but DVD to Blu-Ray is just a money making ploy by already rich companies.
Kinda like the scam of 3D. Ugh... 3D... don't get me started on that crap

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I thought it was funny though, an Orange and white cat named Gigi loves an orange and white droid named BB

Dayum that's adorable. When I was first given my insane pug she had a frog that croaked when she lay on it. She was madly inlove. Bastard terrier tore it apart. He's had a thing for frogs ever since. He runs inside with their little legs hanging out his mouth then rolls on them in ecstacy. Usually results in death.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Odum in da HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A major problem for me right now is the TV.
A decent TV in the UK is a grand... and I haven't got the cashflow for that these days.
My last TVcost £1500 and packed up 1 month after the guarantee ended so I'm using an old Sony Trinitron now.

I love the DVD extras as well, and personally I do get peeved when DVD users are, technically, punished for not upgrading to Blu-Ray.
It's a case of having to buy an expensive TV, and having to buy an expensive player, and having to buy the more expensive disc... or get punished with a disc that has little content... and personally, I can't see much difference between the formats.

I mean, not to sound like a technophobe... I can see and hear the difference between vinyl, CD and cassette... and between VHS, Betamax and DVD (yeah I go back far enough to remember Betamax lol!)... but DVD to Blu-Ray is just a money making ploy by already rich companies.
Kinda like the scam of 3D. Ugh... 3D... don't get me started on that crap
I kind of lucked out on that front, I figured my flatscreens were both 720, that's as high as they went.. when I got the Blu-Ray players, they both jumped to 1080.. (And I was watching netflix through my Wii which was only 480, Imagine the jump from 480-1080)

But they were both 32"... the Blu-Rays looked great on them, but I wanted bigger, so I waited til Black Friday and found a really good deal online for a 60" samsung smart tv, it was the black friday bait at 299, In store only, blah blah blah, but they had an open box deal, clicked that and they had one for 269, w/delivery. ordered that, it took forever to get here, when it did it was completely destroyed, wasn't packaged right, the box was ripped, pieces of tv hanging out, refused delivery and started raising hell with best buy, they were out of that tv for the foreseeable future, the open box was a one time fluke, did I have any size constraints? if not, they could overnight a 65" instead....

Cha-Ching.

And I thought there wasn't that big a deal with between blu-ray and DVD... but ordered the Lord of the Rings extended version on Blu-Ray, figured I'd watch the hobbit I already had on DVD then LotR... popped it in, Nope.... there's a huge difference. put off the marathon til I got the Hobbit Blu-Ray set.

Me again, IMDB refugee, 10 year user of that board... Lifelong Floridian

Enjoy films of all ages, types, genres, I could never pick any favorite considering my library has everything from Casablanca to ridiculous dumb comedy..

turned an unused bedroom upstairs into a home theater with HD projector, surround sound, couch seating and even took the bifold closet doors out putting in a mini fridge and microwave for snacks and drinks. I collect horrible movies on disk, spray the back with tack spray, mount corkboard on them, use an exacto to cut the excess and center hub out and have a "Horrible movie coaster set".. Recently upgraded to Blu-Ray a few months back, (very late to the hd game) and have been playing catch up on those, With the upgrade to blu-ray I got a big tv upgrade though so I'm starting to watch movies in the living room..

My sister is into feral cat rescue which means I by extension am also into feral cat rescue.. She's always shuttling over strays for me to foster til they get fixed and adopted out...

Play a bit of x-box 360, steam on PC, enjoy building/fixing things in my spare time

Welcome to the party pal!

Odum in da HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ, Odum, Danloki, Yukio, you, me......for now we're sorted.

I may have something special for you to do

Like building some threads for BVS, MCU, etc? Or have you already done that? There are too many threads to try to keep up with.

TJ, Odum, Danloki, Yukio, you, me......for now we're sorted.
Where's Dr. Midas? She'd fit in good around here...

And wouldn't know how to act when the trolls weren't sock spamming getting all her posts deleted..

Where's Dr. Midas? She'd fit in good around here...

And wouldn't know how to act when the trolls weren't sock spamming getting all her posts deleted..

I told her about this site but she told me that she's taking a little break. She said that we'll see her again, though.

I told her about this site but she told me that she's taking a little break. She said that we'll see her again, though.
Unacceptable.

I shall now go do my seductive dance of the 7 beach towels and entice her here.