Am I the only one who likes One Hour Photo?

Tools    

I really dig this movie. I'm surprised it didn't get more love. I think about this film from time to time.

Robin Williams plays such a moving figure. So imbalanced yet not impossibly so. A very sympathetic character. The plot wasn't too ambitious, but so what, it's meant to be a character study. The movie doesn't demand a lot from you, but it is rewarding enough throughout.

The mom was hot, too.

Anyone else really like this movie?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really liked this movie and thought that Robin Williams performance was awesome I seem to be the only one of my mates who like this film aswell, which is very strange.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I like the movie just fine. It wasn't spectacular but it was creepy and good enough for me to enjoy.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I really, really, really liked this movie.

One Hour Photo wasn't a great movie in my opinion but to see Robin Williams in a role that is so different to what hes been known for was interesting to watch.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It was an interesting take on the stalker film genre. Williams did a decent job.

Suspect's Reviews

Banned from Hollywood.
I guess youre not the only one who likes it.

I personally adore it.

Robin Williams finest 2 hours on the screen as well.(IMO)

...like you mention, the movie IS a character study mixed with a dark story...so it was obvious that it didnt reach a wider audience.

I enjoyed the movie. I don't think there's much that Robin Williams has done that I don't love. I really really enjoy it when he's in maniac madman comic mode, but I REALLY love it when he steps into a darker or more sympathetic character.

In fact I think Robin Williams may be one of the most underrated actors out there.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Liked it, but wasn't blown away or anything. Thought this at the time.

I liked this movie. I saw it when it was released in theatres and I used to own the DVD.

Around the same time this movie was released, I had a crush on the one hour photo guy at Target. He was cute but a little creepy... well, creepy for Target. He was about the age I am now and I was a barely legal 18 year old. This movie helped give me some insight into him. But then he quit Target and moved to West Virginia....

It creeps me out that Robin Williams does these spooky or odd roles every now and then. I just saw him in World's Greatest Dad (review in my thread) and although that wasn't the creepiest he's been, he was still weird.

And then every now and then he dresses in old lady drag or makes flubber. It doesn't make sense!

I am the Nightrider!
I enjoyed this, too. I thought Robin Williams so was convincingly creepy and frightening, yet sympathetic. Well-directed, too, I might add.

-UJ

I think this is a great film. Outstanding performance by Williams, and the director makes brilliant use of color. It's a really strong visual piece.

See the trailer here: