Name Some One-Dimensional Actors

Tools    

Actors and actresses with very limited range and basically play the same character over and over:

Ice Cube - Every movie I seem him in, I look at him as Ice Cube not the actual character he's portraying

Jennifer Lopez

Paul Walker - Probably the most stiff and monotonous actor today. Incapable of showing any emotion.

Steven Seagal - Pitiful to see Seagal in this 'Fat Elvis' decline. Laughable scripts, laughable 'acting', cheap co-stars, low budget, fat star who couldn't give a s**t and spends minimum time on set, body/action doubles whenever possible.

Denzel too. He always uses the same tone of voice, same personality (no nonsense, intense..), same facial expressions, same everything. Only thing that really changes is his character's name and occupation

Nicole Cage

Owen Wilson

George Clooney

Keanu Reaves

Ben Stiller

Will Ferrell

Vince Vaughn

Sadly Al Pacino has become nothing more than a one dimensional actor who just yells a lot.

Actors and actresses with very limited range and basically play the same character over and over:

Ice Cube - Every movie I seem him in, I look at him as Ice Cube not the actual character he's portraying

Jennifer Lopez

Paul Walker - Probably the most stiff and monotonous actor today. Incapable of showing any emotion.

Steven Seagal - Pitiful to see Seagal in this 'Fat Elvis' decline. Laughable scripts, laughable 'acting', cheap co-stars, low budget, fat star who couldn't give a s**t and spends minimum time on set, body/action doubles whenever possible.

Denzel too. He always uses the same tone of voice, same personality (no nonsense, intense..), same facial expressions, same everything. Only thing that really changes is his character's name and occupation

Nicole Cage

Owen Wilson

George Clooney

Keanu Reaves

Ben Stiller

Will Ferrell

Vince Vaughn

Sadly Al Pacino has become nothing more than a one dimensional actor who just yells a lot.
I always thought of Steve McQueen as being one dimension: No matter what role he was cast in, he played Steve McQueen. Fortunately for most of his fans, that was all they wanted. But I never really saw him stretching his acting "muscles." Still, I enjoyed him in his initial film, the original Blob. I think his best roles were in Love With a Proper Stranger, which was off his usual "tough guy" beat. I also liked him in The Sand Pebbles because he knew how an ol' "China fleet" sailor would wear his Navy cap and he knew how to carry and fire a BAR.

Ben Affleck, for just playing an average Joe he's alright, but anything else... Daredevil.

...uh the post is up there...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'd have to disagree with Nicolas Cage.

For me though? Chris Klein....EXACT SAME IN EVERY MOVIE!!!

Suspect's Reviews

Will Farrell.....same stupidity in each movie he comes out with! I've never seen him act in a movie that he doesn't act like an idiot! Could he play a serious role for once? I don't think so!

....Stranger Than Fiction

Anyway, my choice- Keanu Reeves. He has the 90s surf bum persona which is a treat in Bill and Ted and works to an extent in Point Break and his other style of acting is wooden/ confused which works ok in The Matrix but past that he's got nothing.

Morgan Freeman and Tommy Lee Jones.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen "Three Burials etc."

Morgan Freeman seems to have slid especially far. Not that I ever thought he was a great actor but he didn't take away from the experience of Se7en or The Shawshank Redemption, while the many lazy repetitions in those sorts of roles have just drained out whatever life his characters once had. Tommy Lee Jones was apt and up to the task of playing the cop in No Country so maybe there are other movies that will make me eat these words, but ever since The Fugitive he's another one that I think got pretty lazy.

It's one thing for an actor to always be recognizable/similar in their roles if they're willing to try and bend themselves to the overall tone of the movie. George Clooney comes to mind as someone who does this so I don't have a problem with him. With No Country, maybe Jones is too. But most of what I've seen of these guys is mastering a few mannerisms that they see as indicators of some admirable human traits and then pulling out a memorized delivery every time they're asked for something. They're the acting equivalent of well-meaning distant relatives who can't seem to get rid of anything so when they try and prepare you a nice home-cooked meal when you visit, you have to pretend not to notice the flower bug larvae in the pancakes. Oops, fell on the ground, better let the dog have it.

Colour out of Time
Nebbit ... No No No Not OUR Nicole

For me it is no competition

Cheech Martin ... can only play ONE role.

Hasn't changed since ...

They're the acting equivalent of well-meaning distant relatives who can't seem to get rid of anything so when they try and prepare you a nice home-cooked meal when you visit, you have to pretend not to notice the flower bug larvae in the pancakes. Oops, fell on the ground, better let the dog have it.
LOL! So you're from East Texas too????

Keanu Reaves
Jo Beth Williams
Jake Gyllenhaal
Bess Armstrong
Leslie Nelson