John Blake... it could work, couldn't it?... Spoilers Contained.

Tools    

Contains TDKR spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet and possible future spoilers...

WARNING: "Nolan's Batman Universe" spoilers below

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/0...w-bruce-wayne/

Very interesting article on John Blake in TDKR and of Robin as a character throughout Batman's long history in the Comicbooks.

If the many incarnations of Robin are handled in the same way Nolan handled the many incarnations of Batman to create his trilogy... could John Blake work?

I think he could.
This essay is pretty informed on the back history of Batman and it gives me more hope for what is seen at the end of Rises.

Discuss?

Addition: The link isn't hidden by the Spoiler Box... link contains spoilers on TDKR... click at own risk.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Bad idea.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I think the title alone gives people a spoiler....

Suspect's Reviews

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
If anyone can do it Christopher Nolan can. But I don't think he should. Too risky

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
I'd prefer it if they did this over a reboot, but i'm not to sure how I feel about that one.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Do you not think this has been done as a possible tie in for the Justic League, maybe John Blake replacing Batman rather than being "Robin" or "Boy Wonder" or whatever.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Do you not think this has been done as a possible tie in for the Justic League, maybe John Blake replacing Batman rather than being "Robin" or "Boy Wonder" or whatever.
That might work, though JGL will have to bulk-up up big time if he's gonna wear the cape and cowl.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
If anyone can do it Christopher Nolan can. But I don't think he should. Too risky
Christopher Nolan detested the idea of introducing Robin in his own trilogy. I very highly doubt he'll make a film with him as the central character.

That might work, though JGL will have to bulk-up up big time if he's gonna wear the cape and cowl.
Just had a thought. Watched TDKR again last night and Gordon says to Blake "You are good at connecting things". Wonder if we could see Blake vs Riddler detective type story.

Bruce Wayne returning in a type of mentor/training Raz Al Ghul role would be epic. Training Levitt the same way he was taught. "Always mind your surroundings" "Will is everything" etc. Blake doesn't have the training to be a Batman replacement yet.

WARNING: "TDKR" spoilers below

Well, Blake talked about not being scared of the scum of the Earth and has definitely got the same heart for justice as Bruce had when he was younger.

I'm thinking... Bruce did it his way using revenge and his highly trained skills gained by globe trotting and The League Of Shadows...

...I'm reckoning he will leave Blake to his own devices to do it his own way from now on and find his own path.
If Blake decides not to use what's been left to him and simply stays as a Cop, then that's his way and so be it.
Bruce has left Blake the opportunity to take up the reigns of crimefighter vigilante due to having a similar background to Bruce and the same heart for justice (discovered during their conversation in Wayne Manor).
The ball is in Blakes court.
Will he be a Robin? Or a Nightwing? Or will he even become The Batman?

Batman doesn't have to be Bruce underneath. Alfred and Lucius are still knocking around, so there's the same backup team readily available too.

In Nolan's world, Batman is a martyr, a phantom, an incorruptible symbol.

"... as a man I'm flesh and blood I can be ignored I can be destroyed but as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting"

I reckon it would work if Goyer wrote it and a director with the same eye for realism as Nolan was brought in.
Nolan won't return, he's said he won't... however he's left the opportunity for someone to take up the reigns, just like Bruce did with Blake.

I really think it could work with John Blake. Reading that article has made me actually want to see where it goes, if anywhere.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I love JGL and I know he could pull it off, but...don't need it, don't want it.

I suggest that Blake becomes Nightwing and battles Killer Croc

Found this ... another interesting article.
Don't post links full of pop ups.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Mmmmm.....the introduction of Blake as Robin was the best part of the ending, allowing any future film makers (Nolan is apparently finished with Batman) a route into the mythos created over the last 7 years.

The rest of the ending was a bit sketchy, Batman put the plane into autopilot but where did he get off? Did he just jump into the water, seconds before a nuclear blast? Also, there was only a minute and a bit left on the timer before Batman got into The Bat.....

There was a really nice touch at the end with Alfred visiting the restaurant and looking up at the camera, the perfect way to end...instead we get a shot of Bruce Wayne with Selina Kyle. Ending it a shot earlier would have left a nice bit of intrigue and emotional oomph imo.