Music in Film: Favorite scores, songs, soundtracks, and scenes

Tools    

The ending sequence in Dr. Strangelove was phenomenal.

Kubrick is a master of implementing music into his films.

nothings free in waterworld
The entire Boogie Nights soundtrack just makes that movie one of the best films ever.

Boogie nights is just ****ing amazing

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Pink Floyd's The Wall
considering it is a visual of the conception album, it is still an amazing mixture of cinema and music.

Exterminate all rational thought.
I've always loved the music in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, that's probably my favorite.
Lately I've really been digging the soundtrack to Drive.
Also always liked the soundtrack to Road to Perdition.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
One of my favourites is Trevor Jones' Promontory(The Gael) from The Last of the Mohicans. In fact I loved the film score in its entirety.

Psycho
by Bernard Herrmann

Chinatown
by Jerry Goldsmith

Halloween
by John Carpenter

a Nightmare on Elm Street
by Charles Bernstein

also

the Thing
by Ennio Morricone

can't believe this score was given a razzie. what idiots

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

Katharsis.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Very rarely does a film score go so well with a movie and its themes, but especially its atmosphere.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Not to mention the fapping sound. And this theme is so similar to the one from Thin Red Line!

I think Woody Allen deserves mention on his thread because, if nothing else, Woody's musical taste is flawless and the music in his films is always a standout element. Other movies that have outstanding music and/or song scores:

AMERICAN GRAFFITI

MR. & MRS. SMITH (2005)

THE ROAD TO PERDITION

THE GODFATHER

SCARFACE (1982)

JACKIE BROWN

NOW VOYAGER

HEAVEN CAN WAIT (1978)

SIDEWAYS

Scorsese has now become not only one of my favorite directors, I also think he's one of the directors with the best taste in music. The Goodfellas soundtrack is perfect.

This one will be played at my wedding.

I think Woody Allen deserves mention on his thread because, if nothing else, Woody's musical taste is flawless and the music in his films is always a standout element.
I agree!

I don't know if it's come up yet, but it's worth mentioning twice:

Simply perfect!

The ending sequence in Dr. Strangelove was phenomenal.

Kubrick is a master of implementing music into his films.
Indeed. I noticed that many of my favorite films show an integration between film and music:

Kubrick's film, Miyazaki's films, even James Cameron's films such as The Terminator I and II, show a high degree of integration between film and music. The film works almost like a two hour long music clip.