Things that annoy you...

Tools    

In the past I've complained about the various spot lights people put on their houses which have motion detectors and which go on as I pass on my evening walks - ruining the ambiance of the night time & making me feel like I'm in a prison escape movie, but I've now experienced something on a whole new level.

I'm walking past one house and all of a sudden, not only does a spot light come on, but there's a recorded woman's voice on a loud speaker (very startling)... it says, "Hi! You are currently being recorded."

It seems like everyday there's some new annoyance in society courtesy of technology.

So, not only did it startle me (and got me a second time last night), but I feel for the neighbors who live nearby and have to be disturbed by this recording every night - every time someone walks down the street this recording is going to go off. And it's loud too - like at outdoor stadium level! And I'm thinking anytime some little animal runs by, it will set it off as well since it seems attached to a motion detector.

I'm sorry, but startling passersby and disturbing the peace for this kind of security just seems ridiculous, especially for a street near a babbling brook in a quiet part of a suburban town. Anyone else experience one of these yet? It's downright unnerving like something out of Orwell's 1984.

Reminds me of that old saying by Ben Franklin - "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
I'm with you Captain on this one, I'd find that completely annoying especially with the recording as loud as you described. I call that noise pollution and an assault on your privacy as you use a public space. Besides if somebody was going to burglarize that house all the need is a face mask and the video recording becomes useless.

I'm with you Captain on this one, I'd find that completely annoying especially with the recording as loud as you described. I call that noise pollution and an assault on your privacy as you use a public space. Besides if somebody was going to burglarize that house all the need is a face mask and the video recording becomes useless.

There is no privacy in a public space.

I'm walking past one house and all of a sudden, not only does a spot light come on, but there's a recorded woman's voice on a loud speaker (very startling)... it says, "Hi! You are currently being recorded."
That's a noise nuisance, well here in the UK anyway. Especially if it's going off at night. That would be reported to the council here and she would be told to turn it down or remove it. Or put a sign saying there are security cameras instead...

Pizza places here in the UK.

Just looked at a place called Dominos, increased their prices and now the smallest pizza is £12.99!! The pizzas are nothing special.

Bye bye Dominos. Never again.

High pizza prices would be fine if the pizzas were good quality.

Will just stick to buying pizzas from the supermarkets and cooking them in the oven. Cheaper and much nicer!

Pizza places here in the UK.

Just looked at a place called Dominos, increased their prices and now the smallest pizza is £12.99!! The pizzas are nothing special.

Bye bye Dominos. Never again.

High pizza prices would be fine if the pizzas were good quality.

Will just stick to buying pizzas from the supermarkets and cooking them in the oven. Cheaper and much nicer!
That's $16.24 for a Dominos pizza in the UK. About the same price here for a large delivered with a couple toppings. It's the delivery charge that get's the price up I believe. I don't blame you for sticking to supermarket pizza, I'm never impressed with Dominos.

Prices everywhere are insane. I was out taking a long walk and decided to treat myself to some Krispy Kreme donuts which I haven't had in a few years and have been craving for a few months. Two donuts and a little container of milk was almost $10.