Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

Sorry to say this (as I believe most here will disagree) but I think the only way to save America is to abolish separation of church and state and have Pope Francis govern us (and the whole world). He's the only person qualified off the top of my head to do so. He's great.
Watch Spotlight and youll never entertain that idea again. Yeah I know he came in after, but the entire church infrastructure worldwide didnt.

Well, I hope she completely defeats him. No close vote, and especially it not coming down to Florida again. Forevermore known as "the state that cant count". Did I double post or triple post?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...3HY?li=BBnb7Kz

^ 10th accuser comes forward on Trump groping.

Interesting comparing Bill & Donald. Bills a slick talking womanizer who slept with as many women as he could. Did he come up and grab them by their privates because he knew his money and influence would intimidate their silence? No.

Which is worse? Are they the same? Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, and Donald Trump is assaulting women. Trump is worse, and unlike Bill he cant even do the job.

He was on tv alot though.

Watch Spotlight and youll never entertain that idea again. Yeah I know he came in after, but the entire church infrastructure worldwide didnt.
I have seen Spotlight and liked it but I still maintain Pope Francis would be a better leader for us than any American Politician today.

I have seen Spotlight and liked it but I still maintain Pope Francis would be a better leader for us than any American Politician today.
Sure, if you want to negate every principle America was founded on.

Sure, if you want to negate every principle America was founded on.
Sorry to say this (as I believe most here will disagree) but I think the only way to save America is to abolish separation of church and state and have Pope Francis govern us (and the whole world). He's the only person qualified off the top of my head to do so. He's great.
I knew well before saying this would not be popular and yes it would destroy the dreams of Thomas Jefferson. However seeing how awful the world is today, someone who promotes love and peace and doesn't like Trump would be a lot better. I see this as more of a last resort as finding a great normal politician to lead to us would be much better (and accepted) as we can be a better accepting country with Separation of Church and State. Pope Francis is just the only world figure today I like so he is the only person I would support as a leader imo.

Sorry if I offended you as what I said is legitimately controversial.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...3HY?li=BBnb7Kz

^ 10th accuser comes forward on Trump groping.

Interesting comparing Bill & Donald. Bills a slick talking womanizer who slept with as many women as he could. Did he come up and grab them by their privates because he knew his money and influence would intimidate their silence? No.

Which is worse? Are they the same? Bill Clinton cheated on his wife, and Donald Trump is assaulting women. Trump is worse, and unlike Bill he cant even do the job.

He was on tv alot though.
Bill has been accused of sexual assault including rape multiple times. Not saying they are true but to be fair you can't just dismiss Bills and accept Trumps.

I knew well before saying this would not be popular and yes it would destroy the dreams of Thomas Jefferson. However seeing how awful the world is today, someone who promotes love and peace and doesn't like Trump would be a lot better. I see this as more of a last resort as finding a great normal politician to lead to us would be much better (and accepted) as we can be a better accepting country with Separation of Church and State. Pope Francis is just the only world figure today I like so he is the only person I would support as a leader imo.

Sorry if I offended you as what I said is legitimately controversial.
I feel you mean what you say, and arent just saying it for the sake of. Pope Francis isnt in a small group that doesnt like Trump, Im glad he doesnt, but being a Pope and a President are 2 entirely different things. Its like asking a great Pilot to captain a submarine.

In a make believe hypothetical world, sure Id take Pope Francis over Trump or Hillary.

I feel you mean what you say, and arent just saying it for the sake of. Pope Francis isnt in a small group that doesnt like Trump, Im glad he doesnt, but being a Pope and a President are 2 entirely different things. Its like asking a great Pilot to captain a submarine.

In a make believe hypothetical world, sure Id take Pope Francis over Trump or Hillary.

That's what I was getting at. No way my idea will ever happen but I just wanted to say what I would want. There's nothing wrong having a few impossible dreams.

What I said reminded me of this picture (I believe Sean) posted a long time ago.

Funny thing about that the submarine.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
or pick up ANY history book

Yeah, definitely should have worded that differently to begin with.

Of course, electing the Pope wouldn't really conflict with that separation, or any founding principle, unless His Holiness tried to use that position to establish a state church.

Trump just bombed at the Al Smith dinner. He was doing great comedy, and then it just became very difficult to watch

Trump national political director 'steps back' from campaign

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Dx2?li=BBnb7Kz

For some reason just reading this headline made me laugh Ya' think?! All the movies or tv Ive seen about campaign managers, I bet whoever was his has a story to tell.

Warren Beattys character in the movie Bulworth was less offensive.

Yeah because Argentinians are the best, they even managed to turn Argentina into a third world country.

Anyway what the US needs is political reforms that shift power from the president to the parliament, in effect, a parliamentary system of government like most developed countries have (the US is weird in having a two party presidentialist system since it causes a lot of problems). The presidential system that we have today gives too much power to a single individual which can have severe consequences.

Wouldnt it be something if Donald Trump is crying about election rigging, and all along he made a deal with Russia rigging the election to his benefit, and Trump wins. Steals it. Wouldnt that just be a pip?

Needless to say, if she needs to and is rigging this election to keep him out of office, then good. If he knew about it and could do nothing, even better.

Of course, electing the Pope wouldn't really conflict with that separation, or any founding principle, unless His Holiness tried to use that position to establish a state church.
Pretty sure it's impossible to elect a non-citizen, and yes, even if he were an American citizen, he couldn't both be Pope and president (and leader of the world, to boot, as the original post said) without destroying everything the U.S. was founded on. And I would, in such a fantasy situation, have no problem joining an insurrection. It's all academic anyway. Sadly it's not impossible to imagine a Duterte-type maniac becoming our leader, especially after what we've seen in this election.

Yeah, I was skipping over the non-citizen part.

One has to make many assumptions to talk about any counterfactual, of course. But if we make the assumption that nothing is done to establish a state church, I see it as something that would a) make a lot of people uncomfortable, but b) not be inherently or necessarily destructive to our institutions. It's not like we haven't had fiercely religious Presidents before.

Put another way: I don't think there's any person who, by their very election, can destroy what the U.S. is founded on. Only their actions can.