Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

What is the "Twilight Sparkle" defense?

RNC official cites 'My Little Pony' to defend Melania Trump:

After Trump's controversial speech from the first night of the Republican National Convention that has some accusing the Trump campaign of plagiarizing passages from a speech by first lady Michelle Obama in 2008, Republican National Convention chief strategist Sean Spicer said the lines being discussed are common phrases.

"We're talking about 70 words, three passages," Spicer told Wolf Blitzer on CNN Tuesday.

"Melania Trump said, 'the strength of your dreams and willingness to work for them.' Twilight Sparkle from 'My Little Pony' said, 'This is your dream. Anything you can do in your dreams, you can do now,' " Spicer said.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/20...0&start=114210

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.
so trump literally has no idea how he's going to run the country, nor does he have any interest in it apparently.

also the handling of the plagiarism controversy has been so mind-bogglingly incompetent by the trump campaign. he's so incapable of admitting a mistake even when there is clear empirical evidence it happened. he's a compulsive liar who will literally say anything to get elected, it's really insane to me that anyone is stupid enough to support him.
criticker

I just had a thought, if Donald Trump turned around and professed a huge video gaming hobby, and gave like, a tour of "his" massive video game collection, providing convincing knowledge of all sorts of new and old video games like Chrono Trigger and Paper Mario and stuff, he'd carve out a whole new demographic.

It's good that Melania Trump is taking notes from the current First Lady, because she's gonna be the next one.

Ive heard many sales seminars and listened to tapes etc.... a common theme is to mimic what has worked before. This is how Trump thinks, it does work in business, and it would not surprise me one bit if he was the one that wanted those keypoints put in.

He knew worst case scenario hed get even more attention.

Hillary Clinton is getting crushed on how much facetime shes getting compared to The Donald....for reasons like this.

I speculate that this Michelle Obama plagiarism was, for some reason, done on purpose.

This is just a good old fashion case of a temporal paradox...Melania wrote the speech first and Michele Obama plagiarized her.

I think I'll send that idea to the Trump campaign and suggest they use it as an official excuse...err, I mean reason.

In my experience plagiarism is always done on purpose
I mean I think they might have plagiarized Michelle Obama for the attention it would cause. Or something. Like, it wasn't an accident. They meant to be caught for doing this.

I mean I think they might have plagiarized Michelle Obama for the attention it would cause. Or something. Like, it wasn't an accident. They meant to be caught for doing this.
I know what you meant, I just like being an ass.

I just had a thought, if Donald Trump turned around and professed a huge video gaming hobby, and gave like, a tour of "his" massive video game collection, providing convincing knowledge of all sorts of new and old video games like Chrono Trigger and Paper Mario and stuff, he'd carve out a whole new demographic.
On that topic, instead of classic rock music like Queens, what video game music would you play for Trump's, or any polition's, campaign if you were assigned to? Some of my suggestions -

And though not originally VGM, it was in Samba de Amigo.

I think it's just incompetence.

It looks like the "speechwriter" was someone who was already on staff with one of Trump's companies. This makes perfect sense: he just takes people he's already got around and has them do things for the campaign. He lacks the prudence or judgment to bring new, qualified people on, so he'd rather pick someone he knows to do something they maybe aren't really cut out for doing, and it leads to amateurish errors.

Not only is this not surprising, but when my brother asked me how this could have happened, I floated this theory (about using someone in-house) just based on what I knew about Trump, and found out a few hours later that it was true.

Originally Posted by Friendly Mushroom!
On that topic, instead of classic rock music like Queens, what video game music would you play for Trump's, or any polition's, campaign if you were assigned to? Some of my suggestions -
Immediately thought of Guile's Theme too, but... for my money... Jake's Theme from Advance Wars: Dual Strike. It's catchy, has that goofy MMA-swagger, and it isn't terribly nuanced.

I think it's just incompetence.

It looks like the "speechwriter" was someone who was already on staff with one of Trump's companies. This makes perfect sense: he just takes people he's already got around and has them do things for the campaign. He lacks the prudence or judgment to bring new, qualified people on, so he'd rather pick someone he knows to do something they maybe aren't really cut out for doing, and it leads to amateurish errors.

Not only is this not surprising, but when my brother asked me how this could have happened, I floated this theory (about using someone in-house) just based on what I knew about Trump, and found out a few hours later that it was true.
If its incompetence then wouldnt they have learned something by now? You make rookie blunders in what you say or do in the campaign but do you keep making them over and over? I think Trump is taking his reality tv experience, and yes you could say even his pro-wrestling experience and playing the "cool bad guy" to Hillarys dull babyface. More stuff will come, I think at least some of its by design.

If its incompetence then wouldnt they have learned something by now?
Part of being incompetent is not learning from your incompetence. Otherwise, everyone would be wise eventually.

Artist erects 'border wall' around Trump's Hollywood star

The concrete construct comes complete with “keep out” signs and razor wire.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...hollywood-star

Ooooooh SNAP! Right in The Donalds face at the RNC!

No Trump endorsement from Cruz, who says ‘vote your conscience’

CLEVELAND - Ted Cruz declined to endorse Donald Trump as the GOP nominee in a dramatic speech to the Republican National Convention on Wednesday, urging Republicans to instead "vote your conscience."

"To those listening, please, don't stay home in November," he said, pausing for cheers from the crowd.

"Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."

The language, which echoes arguments of the "Never Trump" movement, triggered chants of Trump, Trump" and "We want Trump" from the crowd in Cleveland in addition to boos.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...uA7?li=BBnb7Kz

Artist erects 'border wall' around Trump's Hollywood star

The concrete construct comes complete with “keep out” signs and razor wire.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...hollywood-star
That's funny. More preferable than people demanding to remove the star.

The comment section however, like almost every comments section about politics these days except this thread, sucked ass.