How many times do you watch a movie?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I like that film quite a bit, Sleeze. It has a good sound mix!

I watch a movie as many times as its greatness compels me or as its crappiness absolves me. For example I've seen BladeRunner in all its different incarnations somewhere near two-hundred times and counting. On the other hand I have only seen about six minutes of Battlefield Earth on cable TV one night at three in the morning. That wasn't enough of BladeRunner for me and far too much Battlefield Earth.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Movie Forums Extra
If I really like a movie I watch it on DVD or theaters.

It depends on the movie of course.For example i've seen Rocky 3 12 times.And Gangs Of New York 9 times.Good movies...
Gangs of New York was a fun movie, and the very beginning of this particular film, where they have profile lines of NYC turn into buildings was somewhat similar to that of West Side Story. The only problem with Gangs of New York, however, is that they downplayed the racial/ethnic tensions in it a bit too much.

I only saw the first film of Rocky, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Sylvester Stallone was wonderful. The part where Rocky was practicing his boxing on the hangings meats in the meatshop was a riot.

Gangs of New York was a fun movie, and the very beginning of this particular film, where they have profile lines of NYC turn into buildings was somewhat similar to that of West Side Story. The only problem with Gangs of New York, however, is that they downplayed the racial/ethnic tensions in it a bit too much.

I only saw the first film of Rocky, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Sylvester Stallone was wonderful. The part where Rocky was practicing his boxing on the hangings meats in the meatshop was a riot.
If you liked Rocky 1 then you should see the entire sequel.It is worth it.Trust me...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I watch movies I don't even like multiple times (Inland Empire three times in a week??), but as adi says, I'm weird. You have to remember that I've been watching movies for a long time. It's true that I need to catch up on some non-English language flicks, especially the newer, Asian ones, but everybody needs to catch up on something. Right now, I'm catching up on Fassbinder and Pabst, plus I'm rewatching many films I haven't seen since pre-cable days. I believe everyone has the time to watch just as many films as they want; it all depends on your priorities. Growing up, I'd watch anything, even if my tastes ran to B monster/horror/sci-fi films from the '50s and '60s. Later on, I was bitten by the classic foreign directors, and I also attended about five new films a week (from 1972-1987) at the theatre before I was married. I have recorded in a journal/computer file all the films I've watched since 1973. The most films I watched in one year was 1763, and those were before I ever owned a VCR.

Shut up, mark!

Movie Forums Extra
The movie is YE DIL AASHIQUANA i watched this movie almost 30 times. while i was studying in 10th class when this movie was released.

I've seen some films more than I'd like to admit. I've seen some of my Top 10 literally 100 times or more...
Completely unbelievable! I really cannot imagine myself watching a film even more than 10 times, even though I love the film.I always feel like we should leave something to be explored rather than dig too deeply, I doubt that you still find something new and inspiring after watching a film for 99 times.I just don't want to spoil the film by repeatedly watching it, probalby I'll get sick.

But in the other way around, I do admire your ability of doing this.I firmly believe that by repeating,one can always learn lots of things.It's somewhat like a fine engraving made upon a little piece of ivory only two inches square.One film,but you learn everything there is to know about it.
so I think I get very complex feeling toward this.
I may switch to your type in the years to come, but for now. I watch most of the films once.If they are really good, twice in a short period of time, then a couple of times of re-watching in a year or so.Or maybe I didn't watch so many times because i haven't yet got the time-span to watch so many.

Movie Forums Extra
It really depends on the movie and their replay value. I'm big into comedies and I watch them a million times. But other genres I usually watch only once,

It depends on the movie. As a kid, I think I watched the movies Goonies and Weird Science hundreds of times, and still enjoy watching them from time to time now. If the movie has a more focus plot or one-liners, I might watch the movie a few times within a week to take everything in, then I wont watch it again for a while.

There was one day in school a few years back the cable company couldn't come to install my cable for the first 2 weeks of the semester. I had to resort to only DVDs. I watched Butterfly Effect about 8 times in those two weeks. There's something about that movie that I love. It was a great concept and somehow Ashton Kutcher pulled it off,

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Too many times to count. Sorry.

martian leader

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I haven't rewatched a movie in a LONG long time. More because I want to see as many as I can.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
If I like the movie, I'll rewatch it. I love watching a great flick and then watching it with family or friends and sharing opinions on it. With most movies, if it's on t.v., I'll turn it on. Lately with the original Die Hard, if I have nothing better to do, I turn it on. But Raiders of the Lost Ark takes the cake for most viewings. I've watched it with just about everyone I know and then over twenty times by myself.