Can 1 Scene Ruin a Movie?

Tools    

Yes, there are alot of movies that either end badly or have some kind of disturbing scene in it that turns me off completely. In trainspotting the scene with the dead baby in the crib and then crawling on the ceiling, for some reason that really freaked me out. I haven't still can't watch it.

I didn't think that the hotel scene in Garden State was bad, I thought the whole ending was. The end made it into some 'cutsie, feel-good' piece of crap. I'm not saying that the ending needed to be depressing in any manner, I just think it should be more realistic.
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages." -Adam Smith "Wealth of Nations"

porkchop sandwiches

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
A Walk To Remember:

When she reveals

WARNING: "Walk To Remember" spoilers below
That She Has Cancer

it' all sad, but then she runs away and it turns into joke.

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by gohansrage
To be honest, because I got their names mixed up. Brandt could have killed Bale's character after he killed Seamus.

However, it does not change the fact that the end of Equilibirium completely ruined the movie. Rather than a comment on progression of society, we get any other action movie.
I don;t think it ruined the whole film. It sure sucked, though. I read that Whimmer had an entirely different ending for the film storyboarded out, but ran out of cash, so he tacked that **** on instead. If you watch the extras on the DVD, he goes off about it in an interview and says he definitely doesn't like the end of the film at all. I liked some parts of the film, but overall it falls pretty short for me. Now with Ultraviolet under his belt, Whimmer just blows.

Originally Posted by Randal Graves
the only reason its in the film is cuz Rosario Dawson's titties bounce so much in that scene lol...
I'm not seeing the problem with that.

When They Over Do The Nudity When Its Not Necessary.

Jerry-8mile-wedding Crashers

Didn't Need To See Them Having Hardcore Sex, We Could Have Got The Impression Without Those Scene, All It Did Is Change The Rating So Less People Could See It

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
The answer is YES. Don't be a retard about it. That would be like saying a painting is good even though the corner looks all f_cked up. You asked a fallacious yes or no question so the answer you'll get will be simple minded one. Dag' gum'. Thought I was gonna' have to bust a freakin' cap or somethin'.

well put my friend. I couldn't agree more