Best Satan/Devil Movie Ever

Tools    

Elizabeth Hurley in Bedazzled anyone?

Yeah, I got a kick out of it. I even liked the opening titles where the audience sees unflattering statements about random extras walking around...and how she (Hurley) reveals her "true self" towards the end of the movie.

I want to second the movie "The Devil and Daniel Webster." In it, the devil's name is "Mr. Scratch" and he is initially actually pretty friendly, seemingly harmless--much like Burgess Meredith in his protrayal of the devil in an episode of the "Twilight Zone."

Anyway, Scratch makes his victims take on evil characteristics, keeping himself looking mostly innocent. What I liked was at the end of the movie Scratch does something unexpected to get the audience's attention...I don't want to totally spoil it, but it was thought-provoking in a cute kind of way.

**P.S. in it's in glorious black and white
http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LI.../vi1492189465/

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is one that sticks out to me. Jennifer Carpenter's acting was awesome, and in my opinion, completely outshines Linda Blair's performance in The Exorcist.

"...and I am Lucifer, the devil in the flesh."

But it's only the best because the Goddess that is Drew Barrymore is in it.

BTW UF, are you saying that the '67 version of Bedazzled is better than the remake? Or that you'd rather look at Raquel Welch than Elizabeth Hurley?

I don't remember The Abominable Dr. Phibes having Satan in it, but I shall recommend it anyway!

Also, Rosemary's Baby! See it now!
Well , like I said, in some cases the connection is obvious... in citing this film I was alluding to speculation that Dr. Phibes = Anton LaVey (and philosophy thereof).

It's not devil specific but perhaps satanism with a nod toward LaVey in generality.

BTW UF, are you saying that the '67 version of Bedazzled is better than the remake? Or that you'd rather look at Raquel Welch than Elizabeth Hurley?
I was saying the 67' original is by far the better version thanks to Pete n' Dud on top form. Now you come to mention it though, I would rather look at Rachel Welch. Whenever I see a picture of Elizabeth Hurley I can't help but picture Hugh Grant's foppy sweating mug gyrating on top of her.

I have the same problem with Angel Heart as I have with The Usual Suspects: I knew who was who at his first appearance. I think they're both good movies though, but I can't think of either as the best of anything, except obviousness.
You know that's the same problem I had with Jaws. I just knew it was the damn shark that was eating those people. Obviousness indeed!

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is one that sticks out to me. Jennifer Carpenter's acting was awesome, and in my opinion, completely outshines Linda Blair's performance in The Exorcist.

"...and I am Lucifer, the devil in the flesh."
I'm not sure about that bit you said concerning The Exorcist, but other than that, completely agreed. The Exorcism of Emily Rose escaped my mind when I originally posted in this thread.

WARNING: "EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE" spoilers below

The scene in the barn when Carpenter's character is totally and completely possessed is incredible; extraordinary acting and dialogue. The way she reveals her many names (Belial and Lucifer) and the many people she's inhabited over the centuries (Cain, Judas, Legion), and her facial expressions and body language when she does it, sends shivers down my spine.

That's probably one of my favorite scenes/sequences in any horror/thriller movie I've ever seen.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Normally im not into horror but the thing you wrote in the spoiler section made me want to see it.

I was saying the 67' original is by far the better version thanks to Pete n' Dud on top form. Now you come to mention it though, I would rather look at Rachel Welch. Whenever I see a picture of Elizabeth Hurley I can't help but picture Hugh Grant's foppy sweating mug gyrating on top of her.
I'd rather look at Raquel Welch too. But, even though I haven't seen it, I think I'd rather watch the newer version. I can't stand Pete & Dud. I've seen the '67 version and I thought it was crap.

Anarchist within reason
My favourite Satan/Devil would have to be from South Park, to portray the Devil as the insecure partner of Saddam Hussein is..... genius

Also, End of Days, one of my favourite films ever, Gabriel Byrne puts in a great performance as Lucifer, so to does Viggo Mortensen in The Prophecy and the guy who plays the Devil in Constantine for the life of me can't remember his name, anyone who could tell me would be appreciated
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Have anyone seen the movie, "Angel On My Shoulder"? It's a very old classic movie in 1946

Paul Muni plays a gangster, "Eddie", who has just been released after four years in prison. A gangster pal, "Smiley", picks him up in a car. Suddenly, Eddie is shot and he ends up in Hell. Claude Rains plays the Devil. The Devil decides to let Eddie go back up on Earth. He puts him in another body, a look-alike who is a Judge. All that Eddie can think of is getting even with Smiley for shooting him. But everyone else looks at him as The Judge who is not himself anymore. Ann Baxter plays "Miss Barbara".

Angel Heart, The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby are my all time favourite 'devil' movies for sure.

My favourite Satan/Devil would have to be from South Park, to portray the Devil as the insecure partner of Saddam Hussein is..... genius

Also, End of Days, one of my favourite films ever, Gabriel Byrne puts in a great performance as Lucifer, so to does Viggo Mortensen in The Prophecy and the guy who plays the Devil in Constantine for the life of me can't remember his name, anyone who could tell me would be appreciated
The Woodland creatures from South Park would be 'up there' as well!

I can't stand Pete & Dud. I've seen the '67 version and I thought it was crap.
Blasphemy. You didn't laugh when Peter Cook tricked an old lady by saying she could win a night on the town with Alfred Hitchcock?