Movies you regret seeing

Tools    

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I only agree with Benjamin Button. Loved Avatar, liked the Apes film a lot, and was honestly entertained by The Hunger Games. Benjamin Button is good, don't get me wrong, but every time I start watching the film, without fail, I end up losing interest almost an hour into it.
Avatar was all right, I regret paying money to see it in the theaters, and I have no desire to see it again.

The only redeeming quality in Apes was Andy Serkis and John Lithgow. Franco was horribly cast and I felt his performance was gag-inducing.. the film felt like cheap entertainment with little substance. Same goes for Hunger Games, it wasn't awful, but it wasn't good either.

Star Wars Episode I
Star Wars Episode II

The only films I think were regretable

Why are they regrettable?

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Star Wars Episode I
Star Wars Episode II

The only films I think were regretable

Well, they definitely are the weakest in the Star Wars saga, but I honestly would watch them again, given the chance. I have several times too. I'm not saying they're great (they're decent, IMHO), but I like watching them either way.

Although I like Willem Dafoe ( Live And Die In La, Platoon, Off Limits, Triumph Of the Spirit ) his work in the last decade hasn't been all that and Antichrist, I watched in spite of myself.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I liked the Avatar, I own it.

I felt it relied too heavily on the spectacle of it's 3D and digital effects, while being weighed down by awful-dialogue, cliche characters, and predictable outcomes.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.

Boy do I regret watching League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Freddy Got Fingered. Trapped on a bus going halfway across the country and some idiot put that crap in the video player. I tried to go to sleep, but couldn't. I feel violated just remembering the incident.

I regret paying money to see The Women In Black at the cinema. Very dull, cliched movie.

"Black Swan." I thought it was thoroughly terrible in pretty much every way, and found the weird sexual exhibitionism gratuitous and very uncomfortable to watch. The acting was good, but the story itself was incredibly depressing and for me, not at all entertaining.

"Black Swan." I thought it was thoroughly terrible in pretty much every way, and found the weird sexual exhibitionism gratuitous and very uncomfortable to watch. The acting was good, but the story itself was incredibly depressing and for me, not at all entertaining.

Haha I totally agree! Can't see Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in that light..... Disturbing! And then it was just bizarre that she went into a whirlwind of suicide and depression on top of that.

I felt it relied too heavily on the spectacle of it's 3D and digital effects, while being weighed down by awful-dialogue, cliche characters, and predictable outcomes.
If they'd put together a 10 minute reel showing off the best of the effects, I'd have been willing to pay a quid to check it out. But that's all I felt this film had to offer.

Any movie that sucked big time I regret seeing. And there are a lot of them these days.
True. Just too many to list. Thank goodness I never thought to add up the $$ spent on films I walked out on or regretted seeing.
Most of mine have been listed: 'Inspector Gadget' (what the hell?), 'Star Wars Ep1'...

Look, each to his own, we like films for different reasons or no reason at all - just cos it's fun.
Biggest regret/let down for me was 'Transformers' because, other than 'Spider-man', it was the one film I always wanted to see made since I was a little boy - I expected too much in the plot and characters, I have to say, and the slapstick and 'humour' was just lost on me. I loved 'The Rock' so it surprised me that this film just wasn't near that level.
...still had I been 10 when this came out, perhaps I'd have loved it..until I grew up anyway. LOL

"The acting was good, but the story itself was incredibly depressing and for me" I think that was the point of the Movie....Mental Illness.

This is more of a "movies you regret seeing AND paying full price to see" for me and that is the oft-listed Battlefield Earth. Wow, that one still hurts. But it's fun to make jokes about.