The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
New details on The Dark Knight Rises (UPDATED)

Jan 12, 2012

It’s an understatment to say that Nolan has kept fans guessing on what will be involved in The Dark Knight Rises. The trailer (here) gave us some idea as to what to expect, but we’re left to speculate as Nolan keeps details underwraps. Well, the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (via Screen Rant) will do a feature on the film, and has revealed some new images and details from Director Christopher Nolan.
New details:
As many have expected, we’ll see a new Wayne Manor rebuilt with a new Batcave. Although, that part was obvious after we learned the film would take place 8 years after The Dark Knight. Details are being kept secret for now. However, the part that seems most interesting to me is that Nolan has found a way to keep Harvey Dent/Two-Fave “alive” despite him dying at the end of The Dark Knight. In the film, Nolan will explore the “ramifications” of Batman and Gordon concealing his actions in the climax of previous film. Instead of breaking reality, Nolan will be exploring Dent’s legacy in the film. How it will play into Bane’s (Tom Hardy) plans for Gotham is unknown. And speaking of Bane, Nolan has once again commented on the controversial issue of his voice. “I think when people see the film, things will come into focus. Bane is very complex and very interesting and when people see the finished film people will be very entertained by him,” he said.
New images:
Within the new issue of EW, three new images from the film has been released.

Update: Two more stills have been released (via Collider) that give us a brief glimpse of the Batcave:

Batman on Film is also hearing that a third trailer will be attached to Tim Burton’s Dark Shadows.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This isn't anything big but thought I would post it anyways.

Liam Neeson confirmed for The Dark Knight Rises
Jan 24, 2012
Honestly, this shouldn’t be of any surprise, but Liam Neeson has confirmed to Showbiz Spy that he filmed a scene for Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises. But you should only expect to see him a cameo role though. “I was on set for maybe an hour-and-a-half and the director didn’t tell me anything of what it’s about. So, I’m being very honest when I say I have no idea what’s going to happen,” he said. We can probably expect to see him in a flashback scene at most.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From darkhorizons.com

Check Out The Ass On Catwoman

Tuesday January 24th 2012 09:13PM

The U.K. is in the midst of Toy Fair with various tie-in merchandise for this year's major film tentpoles on display. These include prototype action figures and statues of Christian Bale's Batman, Tom Hardy's Bane and Anne Hathaway's Catwoman.

Speaking of 'Knight' another bit of scoopage related to the film has come up. A while back Liam Neeson was spotted on the set of the film which led to speculation he might be making a cameo.
Turns out he wasn't there long enough to do much of anything, telling Showbiz Spy during press rounds for "The Grey" that he was only on-set "for maybe an hour-and-a-half and the director didn't tell me anything of what it's about. So, I’m being very honest when I say I have no idea what’s going to happen."
Finally some tie-in toys from "The Avengers" are also out, namely the vehicles being used by the heroes in the film including the Quinjet and the Helicarrier.

I'm a huge fan of the batman series. Nolan's take on the franchise took it to new levels that attracted old and new fans. I wish he'd make more after this one but totally apreciate his contributions.
I can't wait for this one to come out!!!!

I have a theory. It is a theory about Bane's ultimate plans. Spoilers, just in case:

WARNING: "The Dark Knight Rises, maybe" spoilers below
I'm thinking the big hurrah is Bane collapsing part of Gotham in on itself with explosives.

Reasons this may be true:

WARNING: "The Dark Knight Rises, maybe" spoilers below
1. Bane does something similar to the football field in the trailer.

2. Both trailers so far have ended with a POV shot going upwards towards the sky while buildings crumbled in the outline of the Batman logo.

3. It jibes perfectly with the idea of falling and "rising" again.

4. The trailer shows us peace in Gotham, but implies it only exists on the surface. The metaphor it would represent--Gotham's literal and figurative foundations being rotted and hollow--would be profound.

Semper Fooey
I predict Bane is a Muslim convert.

The Dark Knight Rises
The Dark Knight Rises in 3D
Posted on Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm by AlexHaas

What’s the opposite of an exclamation mark? According to a recent Press Release from Warner Bros., The Dark Knight Rises is being post-converted to 3D. Stereo D, the company James Cameron used to post-convert Titanic, is in charge of the stereoscopic conversion process. The good news for non-3D fans is that Nolan plans on keeping the IMAX showings 2D, and will only be adding RealD and Dolby 3D screenings as additional theaters.

BURBANK, CA— Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that “The Dark Knight Rises” will be released to RealD® and Dolby® 3D theatres simultaneously with the film’s wide release in conventional and IMAX® theatres on July 20, 2012. The epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy is being post-converted by Burbank’s Stereo D LLC., the same company in charge of converting “Titanic” for James Cameron. “Chris Nolan’s groundbreaking vision makes his films ideally suited for the immersive capabilities that 3D has to offer,” said David Fueller, Warner Bros. Pictures’ president of domestic distribution.

The filmmaker shot large portions of the film with traditional 2D IMAX® cameras, and plans on keeping the IMAX® screenings true to that format. However, the Academy Award® nominated filmmaker is looking to expand upon the film’s much anticipated release. “As the number of 3D screens around the globe continues to grow, we’re thrilled to offer film’s like ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ in richer experiences for the moviegoers,” said Victoria Gelfond-White, President, Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures International.

Christopher Nolan stated, “Our experience in working with the talented artists at Stereo D was awe inspiring. We did various brightness and depth tests, and when we saw how the tests were developing, we were very impressed!” Nolan and his cinematographer, Wally Pfister, have been secretly meeting with the stereoscopic effects company since November of last year. The conversion will cost approximently $10-20 million and will not delay the film’s release.

“We’re thrilled to be working with Chris Nolan, Emma Thomas and Warner Bros. Pictures to deliver one of the year’s biggest films in three dimensions,” added Lirpa Sloof, Chairman and President of Stereo D. “Chris has proven to be an immensely talented director. He has the vision and skills to make an immersive blockbuster film that is truly larger than life. We’re excited to be a key ingredient in what will surely be the biggest film this side of April Fools.”

So somehow in the last six months, Christopher Nolan and Oscar-winner Wally Pfister have been secretly starting the 3D conversion process. Perhaps they were pressured from the studio. We heard rumors about an Inception 3D release on and off for the past two years.

Read more: http://www.nolanfans.com/#ixzz1qpPxHsyH

http://www.nolanfans.com/

Movie Forums Insomniac
As much as I loved both Nolan and his Batman ventures, it still wouldn't make me pay extra money to see it 3-D. Good ol' 2-D is sufficient enough to enjoy the movie. I don't wanna ruin my movie experience by wearing those glasses, especially since the conversion into the so called 3-D will probably be as crappy as the rest of previous three dimensional predecessors.

****...dunno how I couldn't have seen that coming. I was getting proper PISSED too. Lol, i'll delete my post now..

Oh no you don't, I'm gonna undelete that thing. Let's give others a chance to fall for it, too.

It's an unusually good one, because it's not as outlandish as most and had been tossed around, anyway. That's usually the only way to fool people now.

Lol, spose it serves me right for falling for it . It def. wasn't something that was completely unrealistic given the era we're in, and what's worse is I was remember having random thoughts a few days ago about how I would feel if Nolan changed his mind on 3D! I also remember how Nolan said that even if he were to go through with 3D, he'd rather do it post conversion than film in it for some odd reason. Good joke, completely got me, lol.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
LOL nice one!

Just to add my two cents to the thread - I've interviewed martial artist & stunt coordinator Simon Rhee for my website not long ago, and he did work on the "Dark Night Rises", so I asked him about the film.

He was kinda brief, and said that - he "did teach some fight choreography to about 150 background actors, but mostly it was doing stunt work".

He also added that "people should expect some spectacular stunts, and it promises to be one heck of a ride".

Looks like it's got a PG-13 rating in America, so that usually means a 12A rating or a 15 rating here in the UK, most likely a 12A like the previous two films.

I cab't wait for this movie to come out and I can't believe it'll be the last of the group.

I cab't wait for this movie to come out and I can't believe it'll be the last of the group.
Well, yeah, it's the last because Batman will die in it.

Well, yeah, it's the last because Batman will die in it.

I heard he was being taken by aliens at the end to have his DNA changed around so he becomes an alien too.

Then he'll be returned to earth ready for a new trilogy of movies called: Michael Bay's The Alien Knight.