Poor editing

Tools    

I'm just watching "Alone in the Dark" and 73 minutes into the film, as the last of a group leaves a dead woman, you see her start to raise her head, obviously thinking that shot is over.

Any more recent examples?

Even though I love Heat - there is the most hillarious and most obvious slow-motion gunshot where the gun moves from one position to an entirely other position.

A system of cells interlinked
How is The Professional poorly edited? Please elaborate...

You ready? You look ready.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I'm just watching "Alone in the Dark" and 73 minutes into the film, as the last of a group leaves a dead woman, you see her start to raise her head, obviously thinking that shot is over.

Any more recent examples?
There's the scene in Charge of the Light Brigade where Errol Flynn is carrying the body of a little boy murdered in a massacre, and the kid wiggles his foot.

The best blooper I ever saw, however, was in a Playhouse 90 drama on live TV in the 1960s where bad guy Ed Begley (Sr.) gets thrown from a girder of a high-rise building under construction. But the propman put so much padding on the floor to soften Begley's fall that the actor actually bounced back in sight on the TV screen! Sort of an instant replay of the death scene.

How is The Professional poorly edited? Please elaborate...
Well, this one scene always gets stuck in my head.

After Leon rescues Mathilda from the SWAT team and dodges the snipers, he shoots out a ventilation fan to make an escape route. The blast pattern in this sequence is all wrong. First off, the camera starts on Leon as he begins shooting. He gets off two shots before the camera switches to the vent, but when it does we see about 7 bullet holes around the vent. Then the camera goes back to Leon as he continues firing shots. When the camera is on the vent again, some of the holes that had been there previously are gone. Most notably a hole directly above the vent and to the right is no longer there, and the damage below the grate is significantly less than it had been.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Bad editing and continuity mistakes are different things, at least in my opinion. Sure it's a bit sloppy, but I think BAD EDITING is when a film is un-watchable.

Speed Racer is one of these films, at least the opening sequences.

Or, when there are dozens upon dozens of continuity mistakes.

Suspect's Reviews

You ready? You look ready.
Dude, you've gotta be kidding me? Continuity mistakes? You consider those a part of editing? If that's the case, then practically any move you watch is going to have poor editing. There's only a very, very small handful of directors that are super anal when it comes to that stuff and most actors, editors, and producers bitch about insane they are for doing so. My suggestion to you is just never watch a film again. I mean, what with all the poor editing and all.

Movie Forums Extra
Thin Red Line is unecessarily long and poorly edited.
Hijack Stories(2000) The most tedious and wrost movie I have seen
War Of the Worlds Some of scenes in this sci-fi movie are not well made.
Saw II , The dukes of hazzard are also similar type of movies.
List is too long to mention.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I think editors are like umpires.
I only notice when they make a mistake.

The Wall
Complete butch job.

The Tragedy of Othello: The Moor of Venice
Maybe this is great editing? But when you stop production twice, it shows in the finished product.

Infernal Affairs
It seems like they got teleported from one scene to another.

In general, I hate the MTV quick cut and the Godard jump cut.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Anything I've seen by directed by Jonathan Mostow has been edited poorly.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

And Now The Screaming Starts it's as if they ran out of ideas or didn't shoot enough scary moments to get them threw the feature length film so the editor keeps on going back to a painting on the wall. Some shoots are the same some are different. After they go back to the painting for the third time I couldn't help myslef from laugh so bloody hard. To make matters worse or I should say funnier the painting on the wall was that of Herbert Lom from Pink Panther fame. I'm certain I saw the paint twich it's eye after seeing it for what possible could have been the emptenth time.